Tversity Pro Released: Will we step above it once more?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Tversity Pro Released: Will we step above it once more?

Postby manolodf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:06 am

Tversity just released their pro with compatability with tons of video sites like Hulu etc, will PS3MediaServer become better once again and provide those additions to our great base? Lets make PS3 Media Server Better!

http://tversity.com/pro/

This is what it shows:
The Pro edition of TVersity let’s you subscribe to an ever growing collection of premium online content websites and watch your favorite programming on TV via your game console, Set-Top-Box and many other devices.

* Hulu
* BBC iPlayer
* Joost
* CBS
* NBC
* The WB
* TV.com
* ESPN
* NFL
* MTV
* VH1
* Sling.com
* IMDB.com
* The Daily Show
* The Colbert Report
* Comedy Central
* South Park
* Marvel
* The Discovery Channel
* National Geographic Channel
* E Online
* TV4U
* Amazon VOD (only free content for now, support for paid content is coming soon.)

manolodf

Re: Tversity Pro Released: Will we step above it once more?

Postby shagrath » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:16 am

Code: Select all
Minimum System Requirements (Pro edition)

Sound card and sound driver with Stereo Mix capability (or a cable connecting Line Out to Line In)

in other words, you will hear Hulu videos (and every other ones) on your computer while you transcoding it to the ps3 ;)
(but it's the only "easy" way to support this)
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby manolodf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:22 am

Ouch, I can see that sucking for some people, but my streaming PC does not have speakers plugged in so I would not even notice it.
manolodf

Postby shagrath » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:30 am

regarding this whole web streaming stuff, there's already some unofficial ffmpeg patch for the window grabbing part, that I tweaked and applied with a little success...
but there's no sound capture module in ffmpeg, which is the only thing preventing to do the same than PlayOn and now Tversity... . I'm not skilled enough to make it myself, so if any ffmpeg gurus are passing by... :p
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby manolodf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:41 am

I'm confident we can get it done, I switched from Tversity a while back and I have never looked back, I love the thumbnails, the ability to restart from PS3 etc. The only things we are missing other than the mentioned PlayOn features to stream hulu and others are:
1. Ability to Wake from Sleep when PS3 calls it.
2. Prevent Sleep while its streaming

Perhaps some auto fetching of thumbnails would be a fancy dreamworld feature that would rock my world.

They go hand in hand i guess.
manolodf

Postby meskibob » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:52 pm

manolodf wrote:1. Ability to Wake from Sleep when PS3 calls it.
Just enable "Wake on LAN" in your NICs configuration.
manolodf wrote:2. Prevent Sleep while its streaming
Already requested and applied to the trunk (needs testing) according to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1889&p=7990
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby manolodf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:08 pm

My Wake on Lan is enabled on my NIC configuration, but it needs a "Magic Packet" it seems. It doesnt seem to wake otherwise.
manolodf

Postby whome » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:45 pm

shagrath wrote:regarding this whole web streaming stuff, there's already some unofficial ffmpeg patch for the window grabbing part, that I tweaked and applied with a little success...
but there's no sound capture module in ffmpeg, which is the only thing preventing to do the same than PlayOn and now Tversity... . I'm not skilled enough to make it myself, so if any ffmpeg gurus are passing by... :p

What do you mean window grabbing part? You mean desktop/specific window region screen capture. Or how is TVersity handling all netsite videos. Did they manage to crack all sites and parse internal video urls with success?
whome

Postby shagrath » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:35 pm

yes, desktop/region or precise window capture... I think Tversity is loading a browser window in the background, then capture the contents, and the sound (hence this "stereo mix" requirement). A more elegant (but much harder) solution would be to implement some dll hooks and catching whatever output functions from the flash plugin (or IE window): I think Playon is working that way...
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby diggidy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:46 am

shagrath wrote:
Code: Select all
Minimum System Requirements (Pro edition)

Sound card and sound driver with Stereo Mix capability (or a cable connecting Line Out to Line In)

in other words, you will hear Hulu videos (and every other ones) on your computer while you transcoding it to the ps3 ;)
(but it's the only "easy" way to support this)

OMG! i've been trying to get an answer to this problem on the tversity support forum for a couple of days. is that why the sound comes out of my pc??? it only happens when i watch hulu. i was looking for another solution besides tversity and came upon the google ps3media server and was poking around the forums to see what kinds of problems people were running in to. i thought something was wrong with me (more specifically, my computer).
diggidy

Next

Return to General Discussion