Very loud static sound randomly during video playback

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Very loud static sound randomly during video playback

Postby ResidentKen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:25 am

So I have movies and TV shows downloaded on my laptop. I use the PMS to play those files on my PS3 so I can view them on the TV. I have a receiver where the video goes through the HDMI and the audio goes through an optical cable.

Randomly during certain videos, the audio decides to turn to VERY LOUD static and the video speeds up during this time (to like 1.5x, it seems [it never actually shows the 1.5 icon though]). I've tried looking up way to fix this but I've become very frustrated and unsuccessful. The "Keep DTS Tracks..." box is unchecked as I've seen it being a problem when it is checked with other people having this issue and once they uncheck it, it fixes it. This is not the case for me. The box is unchecked and I still have the problem.

Can anyone help me out here? I've gone through 1 season of the show I'm watching with no issues. And now every episode for this new season has this problem. I'm getting really annoyed.
ResidentKen

Re: Very loud static sound randomly during video playback

Postby ResidentKen » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:26 am

Cool. This forum is a great resource for help. Thanks for all the numerous replies.
ResidentKen

Re: Very loud static sound randomly during video playback

Postby f48u3yf9438f » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:46 pm

Try disabling "Use LPCM for audio" in Audio settings.
f48u3yf9438f

Return to General Discussion