Message for meskibob

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Message for meskibob

Postby bugmenot1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:32 am

There's already a "bugmenot" user... Can't have two users with the same name.

As for your rant, you have two options:

You can try and help contribute this free, open source, developed on free time product by supplying proper bug reports and/or giving constructive criticism following standard forum etiquette.
You can continue doing what you're doing (ranting with no constructive value), in which case I'd rather you just leave. Or I can ban.

The choice is yours.
Thread locked.

Did you not read what I said?
I had to get a user name from bugmenot because your forums wouldn't let me sign up.

It wouldn't matter if you ban me because it's not my user name, i got my username from BugMeNot ( you know? http://www.bugmenot.com) , so it's a public username.
I had to use this method because you reregistration process is broken or flawed.

Your registration process is not working, your security question that asks what PMS stands for, DOES NOT WORK.

I am sorry if I came across as a little rude, but it was slow and sluggish. There is no point advertising the fact that it plays MKV then when you can't play a MKV, it runs and act slow.
Just take out the ability to play MKV, since it doesn't work correctly.
Then when someone is able to make such a file work, thats when you release it in a new build.

If you want to ban me, fine. it's not my user name. it's a public user name.

Again sorry if i cam across a little rude , but thats my criticism.
take care.
bugmenot1

Re: Message for meskibob

Postby meskibob » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:41 pm

We get spam from all sorts of usernames, and the existing bugmenot username actually has real posts. I don't care where a username comes from or who uses it as long as the posts are on topic. I didn't even know that "bugmenot" was a thing, nor do I really care. As far as the CAPTCHA and the registration process, that's meant to stop bots, and that does seem to work. It's not meant to stop real users, independent of where they get their username or who is using it.
As for your issue, "MKVs" can and do play (although that doesn't really mean much since MKV is just a container). That's why I said, if you are having issues with PMS, then you need to supply proper bug reports (see the Forum Rules at the top of the Support section of the forum).
I also said if you're supplying constructive criticism and not ranting that you're fine to stay. You stopped ranting, so "you" are fine to stay.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Discussion