Loading PS3 MS on startup

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Loading PS3 MS on startup

Postby redone632 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:15 pm

Is there anyway to load PS3 Media Server on start up, WITHOUT having to log in? Reason for this is that I currently have it on my file server, and occasionally it will restart from either a power out or some other reason, and I have to go to it and log in and start PS3 MS. I was wondering if there was anyway, in Windows Vista, to make it so that it will load it in the background even without logging on.

I was looking in gpedit.msc and there seemed to be some options that would suggest I can. But I guess I need to load Java too? Any help would be appreciated :) Thank you.
redone632

Re: Loading PS3 MS on startup

Postby kaali » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:52 pm

Run PMS as service
kaali

Postby Uridium » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:04 pm

Or you could just enable autologin and pop it in the startup.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315231
Uridium

Postby wjharing » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:18 pm

for some reason when I run it as administrator service, the PS3 is not able to find the media server. I checked in Windows (7) services, and it shows that the service is running.
Only by running the separate program again (which I do in admin mode), will the ps3 find the media server again.

I use Windows 7, with an account with administrator, however without an account password (since I'm the only user)
wjharing

Postby MarcJ » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:50 pm

wjharing wrote:I use Windows 7, with an account with administrator, however without an account password (since I'm the only user)

Just for giggles, create a new account with admin access and assign it a password. Assign that account as the startup account for PMS. It shouldn't matter about the password but I've had one service in the past (can't remember what it was) that would not run unless the account had a password. You can also try running PMS with the system account and see what happens.
MarcJ

Return to General Discussion