Just like to say thank you!

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

[1.52.1] I'd just like to say *THANK YOU*

Postby jkommeren » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:28 am

I've been a diehard ps3 media server for a long time now, and it makes me happy version 1.52.1 finally offers all the speediness and features which were added since 1.20.408 (which I'd unfortunately had to use until now), while offering the same stability

Thanks especially for fixing (windows 7 x64):

- Corrupt frame playback issues mkv (program crash or unusable state)
- General streaming stability (stutterfree!)
- Server restart function that works properly!
- Speediness
- Showing the list of movies before icons are generated (!!!! which was one of the main reasons to stay with 20.408)
- Buffer that doesn't "break" after a while of playback, requiring a restart
- Automatic updating of folder contents
- JRE 6 support
- All the proper settings set as default
- Probably a lot I'm forgetting

Imagine it must be hard to see through all the complaints you're getting (no offense to the crowd, happens with every bit of software) and I'd just like to say on behalf of me and my close friends and relatives:

*Thanks for making a solution to playback 99% of all HD content problem free*

So to all of those still having problems: there's (probably) light at the end of the tunnel!

I just did a clean install, just in case, win 7 x64 sp1 updated to latest, uac disabled, java jre 6 Update 31 (x86), 1.52.1, ATI 12.3, on a basic system with Q6600, 5570 ati, 4 gigs of ram with loads of disks in IDE mode (no AHCI) and nothing else installed or configured. Connected to a gbit network via cable, as is the PS3.

FYI: I playback Bluray rips mostly, in alot of different formats, resolutions, refresh rates and bitrates. Filesizes ranging from 2 to 15 gigs. Plus raw m2ts (BD) also around 15 gigs.
(Sound just PCM 5.1 passed straight to receiver via HDMI)

If everything keeps working as planned for a week or two I'll be sure to donate some money. Here's hoping :D
jkommeren

Re: Just like to say thank you!

Postby cfig » Wed May 30, 2012 5:49 pm

What a great product! I bought a Sony S580 Blu-ray player last fall, basically because it was on sale, and didn't pay much attention to the network features. I ran across this product searching for information on DLNA; before that I didn't even know what it was. I configured the network interface on the S580, loaded the software on my iMac (10.6.8) and fired it up and there were all my media files displayed on the TV screen! Talk about seamless. I suppose this worked so well "out of the box" because there is some technology shared between the PS3 and the S580, but it took this great software to make it work. The "configuration-free" setup and embedded documentation are great features. You guys are great! It's hard to go wrong with Sony equipment, and we really appreciate the fact that you support us Mac users. Keep up the good work.
cfig

Postby Nabs3000 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:22 pm

I would like to say thank you too. Something I should have done a long time ago. I have been using PS3mediaserver for 3 years now, since I bought my fat ps3. I even have introduced it to relations overseas.

I have been using for all sort of things on my network - ipads, phones, airplay docks etc

Thank you
Last edited by chocolateboy on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please keep posts on-topic
Nabs3000

Postby Shaddix » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Just a big "thank you" from me aswell!

i hope you continue to improve the PSM. You are just great.
Shaddix

Thanks and so long Tversity

Postby keithcq71 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Last night Tversity quit streaming mp4 files . Then my 360 would not detect Tversity with a freaking hard wired connection. Installed this program everything works perfect. So long Tversity and your piece of crap software
keithcq71

Re: Thanks and so long Tversity

Postby starterz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:22 pm

I have also had some issues with TVersity, folders had to be added to library all over again etc...But the biggest problem was transcoding with external .SRT subtitles which never worked with TVersity, and worked like a charm with PS3 Media Server. Streaming to a Philips 40PFL6606H/12 TV set. I just cannot imagine not knowing about transcoding with subtitles for more than a year. I have been watching movies through HDMI because the subtitles Philips shows natively from USB are plain shit. Thank you all for your great work.
starterz

PMS is fantastic!

Postby jonatasalmeida » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:24 pm

After a few minutes of settings, managed to leave perfect for my use, making stream without quality loss with my gigabit network between my super slim PS3 + Sony bravia and my swicth. I appreciate your work for this project, before I even get the ps3 had eagerness to test it. I'm from Brazil an IT technician always wanting to learn more, thank you all the org. PMS. Excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong place. :)
jonatasalmeida

Postby Chuck Arch Linux » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Yes thanks for this great app! I'm using it for about 4 years now on my Arch Linux box. Awesome work.
Chuck Arch Linux

Postby Dragonetti » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Just like a lot of folks here I'm using PMS for a very long time, I love this software :D and us with WDTV generation 1, WDTV live generation1 & 2 , Samsung TV and with my PS3 slimme.
So 8-) developers thank you very much for this fantastic media server.
Dragonetti

Postby surcouf84 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:52 am

I just say thank you for your great work ;) :)
surcouf84

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion