Selling my PS3 because.....

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Selling my PS3 because.....

Postby gino_76ph » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:38 am

Hi there!

It's been a while since i had my PS3 Slim and...

Well, let's face it...its all about Blu-ray vs DVD-ray, being able to surf the net vs not being able to surf the net, streaming moving vs no streaming movies, etc.

here are some things that atre putting me off the PS3 and have been thinking (just thinnking) of selling it:

1. games on the Xbox360 are still cheaper than the PS3

2. more Kinect games than PS Move

3. better online experience (i.e. multiplayer)

4. Xbox360 is quieter (tho thi is very debatable)

5. bland XMB bar compared to a much livelier dashboard on the Xbox360

and my number one gripe would probablly be the issue of format compatibility. on this respect the issue of Divx.

i understand the PS3 can play Divx (and .avi files) on a FAT32-formatted drive.

my portable hard drive is FAT32-formatted. i have got .avi files on them. and my PS3 can't even locate/find them. i don't think my PS3 has a fault per se. i think its something else.

I have tried all the trick in the book of finding out why. i even rung the Playstation UK phone support and all they can suggest me is 1.look for another person who has a PS3 and try your hard drive and see if it works (currently i don't know anyone from my friends and if i do they are either far or too buisy with family) or 2. re-format my portable hard drive ( which i could not do due to the fact that i have to shelve out another £50-ish for another hard drive to back-up my files) or try a "different" AVI file and see if it works ( i think he was going in the lines of "maybe the encoding is different" kinda thing)

WHAT SHOULD I DO??????!!!! PLEASE HELP.....

I have basically given up on platying my AVI files on my PS3.
gino_76ph

Re: Selling my PS3 because.....

Postby meskibob » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:39 pm

This has nothing to do with the program PS3 Media Server. Maybe a general PS3 forum could help you.
Thread locked.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Discussion