Quick Question About PS3 Media Server And PS3 Itself...

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Quick Question About PS3 Media Server And PS3 Itself...

Postby TruePS360iiFan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:43 am

Need to know:

Once I was done with the installation process- to my unknown- that PS3 Media Server automatically added itself to my PS3 unit. However, there are some "unwanted" folders/files that I do not want them to be in PS3. But to my troubling, I could not find a way or to maneuver (for that matter) to remove it from PS3. How do I do that? I am aware of the fact that the only option I have now is: to recover PS3 to its original state, right? Or is there any other way to do that? The simple reason for that is: I only wanted to add video folder on my PS3 from PS3 Media Server... Although, not for other stuff.

*EDIT*: By the way, I am new to this world: Learn how to connect and have it up and running between PS3 and PS3 Media Server. I apologize if I am asking that ridiculous question- but I REALLY NEED TO KNOW.That is all. Thank you very much for your help.
TruePS360iiFan

Re: Quick Question About PS3 Media Server And PS3 Itself...

Postby Jagged » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:58 am

PS3 Media Server does not install itself on the PS3. It provides the PS3 information with how to connect to PMS on your PC. If there are folders you are sharing that you dont want to share, then remove them from the PMS Shared folders configuration. If you are sharing a folder and have something in there you don't want to share, then you will need to move the folder to another location.
Jagged

Postby TruePS360iiFan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:26 am

Yeah, but the thing is: I cannot -I repeat- I CANNOT REMOVE IT COMPLETELY FROM MY PS3. Only had to go into Network Setting and set Media Server on Disable option.

But my real question is: Now as you know, I am stuck on having those files/folders display and viewable on PS3... How do I REMOVE THEM? And to choose which one I'd want to keep? - Obviously , Videos and Photos. But not for anything else. Since I completely removed PS3 Media Server from my PC for time being, although, the story on PS3 is different- there is no removable function except for those options available: Copy, (I forgot what the other one is), and Information. There is no mention of "Delete" option anywhere.

Please help me out with this matter. I beg of you- thank you very much.
TruePS360iiFan

Postby fableman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:46 am

Hi TruePS360iiFan

The PMS (Ps3 Media Server) Dosen't do anything with your PS3. (There is nothing to delete on your PS3)

The PMS software that you installed on your PC is sharing the movies,music,pictures you selected in the settings in PMS to your PS3 over the network.

Soo please check your settings in PMS (on your PC) and make sure you only share the files you like to share and nothing else. (maybee you are sharing c:/ = everything on your hard drive)

Good luck.
fableman

Postby Burrito » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:56 am

If you press triangle on an icon on the PS3 and there is no delete option, then you can't delete it. You can't hide unwanted items in the PS3 menu either!
Burrito

Return to General Discussion