subtitles

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

subtitles

Postby omel » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Is it possible in the settings of pms to disable danish subtitles when the audio is danish

if yes how..
omel

Re: subtitles

Postby oldjoe » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Transcoding Settings -> MEncoder -> Audio/subtitle language priority
oldjoe

Postby shagrath » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:34 pm

and put dan,off there
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby pchawla » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:35 am

Thank you for the software. It has come in very handy!!

I have a question on subtitle with special use case:

With single *.VOB or *.mpg file, I see MEncoder {Audio: AC3/Undetermined} in #--TRANSCODE--# folder (which does not play subtitles).

Is my ONLY choice to back up my DVD as *.iso or in VIDEO_TS folder with all DVD components to generate subtitles? Problem with that is it has (1) no cover art, (2) always encodes (does not ff well)
pchawla

Postby pchawla » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:39 pm

I don't think I was clear in my previous question. Here is what I am wanting to know:

How can I see subtitles if I play a single VOB or mpg file in a folder? In the #--TRANSCODE--# folder I see MEncoder {Audio: AC3/Undetermined} (which does not play subtitles) if click on it even though it is Transcoding.

Having a dvd in ISO format does allow me to correctly see the subtitles but it always transcodes. Is there any way to turn Transcoding off and simply browse to the VOB file to play it? (I don't always need subtitles - only when my parents watch it. When I don't need subtitles, I want to avoid transcoding since I cannot fast forward. Seems like while transcoding, software locks up during fast forward).

Thanks!
pchawla

Return to General Discussion