Explain the DTS stream & LPCM remux thing to me, please?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: Explain the DTS stream & LPCM remux thing to me, please?

Postby meskibob » Sat May 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Did you not look at the dialog box that popped up when you enabled the "Keep DTS in stream" setting?
http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... el.html#11 - Set to "L+R"
http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... el.html#26 - Set to "Normal +0"
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby wyowolf » Mon May 16, 2011 11:47 am

Ok at the risk of sounding totally stupid, I dont know exactly what your referring too. I unchecked the box in PS3MS for keeping DTS in stream and now I can hear the audio :) but not sure if its 5.1 or not... my receiver says its not though. I didnt get a chance to play around with the settings... kind of a pain because my PC is far from my PS3. I will try tonight to run a DTS MKV file and see if i can bring up those settings your talking about...

thanks...
wyowolf

Postby Ruoska » Sun May 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Those options are ones you set on the PS3. On the PS3 while playing a movie, hit Triangle and choose Sound Settings (or could be AV Settings, can't remember). There's options for volume and channels. You need to have channels set to "Left+Right", otherwise you will, without fail, get static buzz. I don't think the volume setting matters, but they say it has to be +0.

This one is unlikely and I'm just throwing this out at ya not very seriously, but maybe you could be having a bandwidth problem with your HDMI cable? They say all HDMI is the same as it's just ones and zeroes, but there's difference in how many of them a cable can carry at any given moment. Basically what this translates to is that if you're running very high resolutions on very long cables you're not gonna get a picture on a cheap cable. I still don't recommend paying $300 for a Monster cable, but rather getting a $25 signal booster first :) Maybe the 1080P with both the DTS and LPCM in the stream is just too much for your cable.
Ruoska

Previous

Return to General Discussion