tsMuxer command

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

tsMuxer command

Postby crusher88 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi,

could someone please explain how the tsMuxer command works in PMS?
Is it possible to run this command manually to remux PS3 compatible h.264 from mkv to mp4?
crusher88

Re: tsMuxer command

Postby devildog93 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:09 pm

crusher88 wrote:Hi,

could someone please explain how the tsMuxer command works in PMS?
Is it possible to run this command manually to remux PS3 compatible h.264 from mkv to mp4?

I might be missing something, but...
....the easiest way is to just use your PMS server to do it "on the fly" for you. On my PS3 XMB I just select the MKV I want to stream, and as I rarely use subtitles, TsMuxer is set as my default engine, I simply hit play on the file.......and watch the movie. I don't even know if there is means for command line control for TsMuxer....

There are couple ways that you can make PMS use TsMuxer. I either set TsMuxer to be the default engine (this is what I do), or leave MEncoder default and enable "switch to TsMuxer if the video is PS3 compatible......". (Most people do this I think)
You can force your renderer to use TsMuxer by also going into the #transcode# folder. Any one of these options will make your server remux MKV files "on the fly".

As you gave no info, I only have one other suggestion. Download the TsMuxer GUI and use it to remux to M2TS.....not MP4.

TSMUXER GUI by SmartLabs

Please clarify better if you would like a better answer.
devildog93

Return to General Discussion