PANASONIC TV with enabled MediaInfo doesn't work

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: PANASONIC TV with enabled MediaInfo doesn't work

Postby ExSport » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:03 am

I made custom build with some addons and this patch from tomeko so who wants test it, it is here: http://code.google.com/p/pms-exsport/
For now only Windows build is compiled, not linux one.
Add/edit these lines in renderer.conf for enabling tomeko patch(thanks for it!):
Code: Select all
AnalyzeAllBeforeFolderShown = true
MediaInfo = true
ExSport

Postby tomeko » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Please, add modified patch to https://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/issues/detail?id=979. This Patch works with Samsung BD also.
I think, that default value "AnalyzeFolderAllFiles" should be true, because It works with all renderers (somtime slow), and it isn't specification violation (current PMS behavior is).
tomeko
Project Member

Postby ExSport » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Yes, I will upload it there 8-)
....default value "AnalyzeFolderAllFiles" should be true, because It works with all renderers (somtime slow), and it isn't specification violation...

To do that there are two BUT:
- you need to add this new parameter to every renderer file
- folders with many files will generate timeouts on renderer side(if cache is disabled then it is unusable because folder will always generate timeouts after every PMS restart=RAM cache cleared)
Because of that I enabled it only for problematic renderers instead of affecting other working renderers.
Maybe default settings should be voted by more people. Now it is 1:1 :mrgreen:
ExSport

Postby tomeko » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:49 pm

ExSport wrote:- you need to add this new parameter to every renderer file

No, if default is true, then method from patch is enabled without conf modification. You need change conf only when renderer supports current PMS "hack" (it look like only PS3, BRAVIA i XBOX360 supports it)
ExSport wrote:- folders with many files will generate timeouts on renderer side(if cache is disabled then it is unusable because folder will always generate timeouts after every PMS restart=RAM cache cleared)
Because of that I enabled it only for problematic renderers instead of affecting other working renderers.

All renderes (except PS3, BRAVIA and XBOX) may be problematic. Others renderers has MediaInfo = false in PMS conf files.
Procedure to add MediaInfo support with default true:
1. new renderer should supports MediaInfo out of the box.
2. if timeouts with large folders are generated, then set AnalyzeFolderAllFiles = false
3. if 2 not work, remove (or set false) AnalyzeFolderAllFiles, and enable Media Library or change folder structure or disable Mediainfo or buy new computer :)
tomeko
Project Member

Postby ExSport » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Uploaded patch, unfortunately with false as default because I thought nobody has problems with mediainfo=true, only me with Panasonic 8-)
But can be easily changed :mrgreen:
...change folder structure or disable Mediainfo or buy new computer...

New computer? I have quad core but it is not about it :D
I have AVCHD structure from my HD video camera which counts about 500 .MTS files.
In this case, any speed of computer or disk will avoid renderer timeouts, only settings MediaInfo=false + AnalyzeAllBeforeFolderShown = false will help.
First indexing/caching of this folder takes about 5min so every renderer will give up. But very good think is that PMS continues caching data in background so when I refreshed folder after timeout=re-entered folder, all files were immediately visible(after 5min) :mrgreen:
ExSport

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:50 pm

It's probably best if this is tested in the SubJunk build before being applied to trunk:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8001
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8883
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby tomeko » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:20 pm

ExSport wrote:Uploaded patch, unfortunately with false as default because I thought nobody has problems with mediainfo=true, only me with Panasonic 8-)

SAMSUNG BD-6500 also has problems with mediainfo=true (I've tested it).I think, nobody has tested it (except PS3, BRAVIA TV and XBOX360).

With default AnalyzeAllBeforeFolderShown = false, PMS is violating upnp specification Out of the Box and i think it's not good.
Scanning all files and setting real value of <TotalMatches> should be enabled as default, and could be disabled in config file for renderers that accepts this violation.
tomeko
Project Member

Postby ExSport » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Agree :mrgreen:
I forgot that PMS doesn't send 0 but "requestCount+1" and it is out of specs:
If the CDS cannot compute TotalMatches and NumberReturned is not equal to zero, then TotalMatches = 0.

So yes, you are right, it should be set to true instead of false as now in posted patch on googlecode 8-)
public boolean isAnalyzeFolderAllFiles() {
   return getBoolean(ANALYZE_ALL_FILES, false) && MediaInfoParser.isValid();
}

@chocolateboy:
Yes it can be tested in Subjunk build but it is quite safe patch because it has no influence until "AnalyzeAllBeforeFolderShown=true" is defined in renderer.conf (but tomeko fights for this behavior to be default so then renderer.conf files should be updated to avoid any possible side effects :mrgreen: )
Last edited by ExSport on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ExSport

Postby azza187 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm getting an awful lot of NPEs with this build as soon as transcoding is required. Which logfiles would help you guys to investigate this further?

Best regards
azza187

Postby ExSport » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:33 pm

Debug.log should help but you can test changing this parameters in renderer.conf
AnalyzeAllBeforeFolderShown = false

If you will have same problems then I am sure problem is not this build.
With this parameter you will skip new code so behavior should be exactly same as with official version.
ExSport

Previous

Return to Alternative Media Renderers