Accessing server via UPnP

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Accessing server via UPnP

Postby emveepee » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:40 pm

I have my own UPnP client which doesn't have problems accessing other UPnP servers but when I try and browse the the directory to start off I get no directories. Is there something special I need to do to make the ps3 server respond?

Code: Select all
<DIDL-Lite xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/">
</DIDL-Lite>

Martin
emveepee

Re: Accessing server via UPnP

Postby meskibob » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:42 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby emveepee » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm

I made a conf file if that is what you mean.

Martin
emveepee

Postby meskibob » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:49 pm

If you need assistance getting a new renderer working you should do the following:
  1. Download and install Intel upnp tools: http://softwarecommunity.intel.com/isn/ ... ogy_v2.zip
  2. run Device Spy
  3. expand: Device name > ...ConnectionManager...
  4. doubleclick GetProtocolInfo and click Invoke
  5. copy Sink response and post to viewforum.php?f=15
You may also need to provide the Get Device XML (right click on device)
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby emveepee » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:56 pm

My client doesn't appear in the list, it doesn't do anything to register itself or set a callback. Is that required?

Martin
emveepee

Postby emveepee » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:51 am

I notice this post was moved, since I was really asking a developer question. I was hoping to find out what kind of responses make the PS3 Media Server different from other UPnP servers. I can successfully connect and play using TVersity, PlayOn, Servio, Fuppes, WMP, and Twonky but not PMS. I am definitely able connect and I get a complete response it just happens to be blank as I posted originally. I was hoping to find some clue from the developers to know why the return has no containers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Martin
emveepee

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:21 am

You'll need to "register" your client with PMS by creating a renderer configuration file and dropping it in $PMS_HOME/renderers. To get your client recognized, the key field is:

Code: Select all
UserAgentSearch=Regex Matching Your User Agent String

The default "all you can eat" profile is XBMC.conf, while, at the other end of the spectrum, PS3.conf is still pretty much baseline DLNA (and the best place to look for documentation for the various options). Copy one of those files (make sure you're using the latest version of PMS) and tweak the first few settings accordingly, and PMS will stop flagging your client as an "unknown renderer" and you'll be able to tailor it to your client's capabilities.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby emveepee » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:31 am

I have a conf file and the trace identifies it by name.

Martin
emveepee

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:34 am

The only other non-standard feature I'm aware of is:

https://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserve ... ail?id=909
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby emveepee » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:47 am

When I invoke the browse, I get 0 returns. I do use Filter * which you don't show, would that get in the way?

Martin
emveepee

Next

Return to Alternative Media Renderers