- Intel i7, 6GB, ATI radeon HD 5870, Windows 7 Home Premium x64. PS3 Media Server v1.20.412 (I'm not sure how to get the r, but I downloaded what I believe to be the latest version only a few days ago)
- Sony Google TV (NSZ-GT1) (inbuilt Media Player app - I've been unable to detect this device with uPnP tools from intel, though if someone may be able to advise me on getting better information, I would gladly follow)
- WiFi (Wireless G/N) - My network is definitely not the source of any problems - everything streams properly, it's the streams themselves that are not transcoding or displaying properly
- Default (Mencoder). TsMuxer kicks back errors, Mencoder appears to function very near perfectly.
- No matter what I set priority codes to (most recently, I've tried just having "en" and just having "eng" in the fields), I cannot adjust the any of the language settings. Subtitles simply do not display and audio language always comes out in Japanese in my dual-audio videos. I've tried a variety of settings - ASS/SSA checked and unchecked, FriBiDi mode checked and unchecked, both fontconfig and ass default checked and unchecked, and every permutation thereof I could think of. I don't even know what most of these settings are doing, but nothing works - never any subtitles (from MKV files) displayed, never any audio options changed. The video files stream perfectly, as does music, but without subtitles or changing audio tracks my collection of foreign stuff is stuck on my laptop's HDD doing nothing.
- Doesn't seem relevant in this case. I could pull it up if someone thinks it would be.
I'm aware this device isn't officially supported, but I'm hoping someone may be able to help anyway. I've been fiddling with a few days, and have tried to search for this problem several times without seeing anything similar. Seems a lot of people have simple problems with the ASS or mis-set priorities, so maybe that's my problem too, but none of the mentioned fixes seemed to work for me, so I think this problem is all my own. Apologies if I'm mistaken and am putting spam on your forums. I just want to get my damned subtitles working.