AppleTV

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

AppleTV

Postby AndyStewart » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Just got one for Xmas :) cute little piece of kit...

Now, what do I need to do to get it working with PS3MediaServer?

PS, not tried yet to see if it "just works" but if anyone has any pointers?

Currently got PS3MediaServer streaming perfectly to my PS3 using TSMuxer - all my 4GB+ MKV's look superb - looking to use this AppleTV in another room.
AndyStewart

Re: AppleTV

Postby meskibob » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:14 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby AndyStewart » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:19 pm

Yeh I've already been thru the start-up FAQ when I initially set up PS3MediaServer - got all the audio/video sync issues sorted etc and my PS3 running perfectly now in HD and full surround sound.

Had another look thru that FAQ Meskibob but nothing really specific re the AppleTV - u reckon it will just work as a DLNA device?
AndyStewart

Postby meskibob » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:52 pm

From that post I linked:
If you need assistance getting a new renderer working you should do the following:
  1. Download and install Intel upnp tools: http://softwarecommunity.intel.com/isn/ ... ogy_v2.zip
  2. run Device Spy
  3. expand: Device name > ...ConnectionManager...
  4. doubleclick GetProtocolInfo and click Invoke
  5. copy Sink response and post to viewforum.php?f=15
You may also need to provide the Get Device XML (right click on device)

Note that if the device doesn't show up in the Device Name list or there are no results for the GetProtocolInfo, then the device doesn't support DLNA and won't work with PMS.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Amos » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:30 pm

did you ever get your appletv working with ps3mediaserver? I am debating getting an AppleTV or DLNA blu-ray player for tvs other than the one I have my ps3 hooked up to...
Amos

Postby AndyStewart » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:50 pm

Just a quick update.

AppleTV2 Jailbroken with GreenPois0n, XBMC installed on the ATV2, and PS3MediaServer streaming all my media to it perfectly over WiFi - all my HD MKV files, all my music - works lovely :)
AndyStewart

Postby dieselboyx » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:30 pm

I seem to be having difficulty getting my MKV's to play using this setup from PS3MS to Apple TV 2. I get the large "X" on the status screen, but it does show the XBMC as a media renderer. When I had a PS3 connected and I was streaming a movie the status bar would fluctuate indicating it was doing something, but with the Apple TV connected the bar never moves prompting me to believe that the PS3MS isn't transcoding anything. I have set up the ATV to use the UPnP PS3MS so that isn't the issue.

Any thought would be greatly appreciated.
dieselboyx

Return to Alternative Media Renderers