Samsung TV with PS3 Media Server

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Samsung TV with PS3 Media Server

Postby hpb » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Hello,
I have connected the PS3 Media Server to a LE40C653 TV from Samsung. In general it works fine, but the TV only shows the first few files. More precisely this means in a shared folder with lets say 100 images the TV menu only displays the first 20 images. The same is true for folders: If a folder has more than 20 subfolders the TV menue will only display the first 20 subfolders.

Does anyone have an idea what I could to to get rid of this limitation?

Thanks a lot,
Peter

By the way: I tried out several other streaming solutions. These Samsung TVs seem to be very ugly (using for exanple Tversity the TV only says "not supported format", and the orig.samsung software called PC Share Manger is the hell on earth). You will find may complains about connection Samsung TVs to other applications.
hpb

Re: Samsung TV with PS3 Media Server

Postby meskibob » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:22 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p16952
Although a new conf may not help as this may just be a limitation of the renderer (just like the PS3 is limited to a folder tree 8 levels deep). The debug.log or a packet trace should be able to confirm.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby lot2smile4 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:13 pm

Firstly, thanks for this amazing piece of software that is light-weight enough to run on just about anything AND streams direct to the TV! :D I started using it on my PS3, and have since upgraded to a new Samsung 3DTV :twisted: ... which incidentally PMS streams 3D movies to without a problem :ugeek:

Anywho... I too have the same problem as hpb, I have a Samsung 40C750 and it seems to be limited to 20 items across DLNA.

I run PMServ which has been 'slightly' modded with PMS Community Build C31, a slightly modified MoveInfo plugin that seems to work (hacked randomly to get it to work!... hint, sticking combine on the end of the URL works a treat!! :shock: ), and it also does the same thing with the PMServ unmodified too.

There doesn't seem to be anything in debug.log to point to an error when this happens, and I have tried many different combinations to get this to work or at least show something in debug.log to no avail.

I may take a look in the FAQ thread and try the second post down (Install Intel uPnP tools.... on http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30. Wont be until some time next week perhaps... so if anyone else wants to try... :D
Running SUSE 11.3 from the PMServ distro
Updated PMS to SVN version 413 (although at the moment trialling pms-mlx)
Running Java 1.6.0 b20 (latest for SUSE that I can find!)
Rendering on PS3 or Samsung 40C7000
lot2smile4

Postby Yoyogo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:01 am

I have just discovered the same problem after finally getting PS3 MS to work nicely with my Samsung TV. MKV files are still a no-go but that I can live with. What I can't live with is only being able to access 20 of the 100+ files of my media. Multiple Google searches have not really uncovered a solution and quite frankly surprised me at how few mentions there are of this glaring limitation. I updated the firmware today to no avail... Anyone with any information / solution would be greatly appreciated.

*UPDATE* After trying Nullriver MediaLink, which shows all files, I am assuming this is some sort of problem with the samsung config file... Unfortunately I don't know what I am looking for in it.
Yoyogo

Postby djfred » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:26 am

hey guys take a look at my post here it might solve a few problem you guys are having.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8889
Running on Samsung UN60C6300

Do you have a Samsung TV that has Allshare, Click here to find out how to make PS3 Server work with your TV. http://goo.gl/8hUlM

PSM Server Rocks.
djfred

Postby lot2smile4 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:44 pm

Just to let people know... I followed djfred's link, used his .conf file and it worked a treat! :D

thanks fred!
Running SUSE 11.3 from the PMServ distro
Updated PMS to SVN version 413 (although at the moment trialling pms-mlx)
Running Java 1.6.0 b20 (latest for SUSE that I can find!)
Rendering on PS3 or Samsung 40C7000
lot2smile4

Postby djfred » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:26 pm

No problem :)
Running on Samsung UN60C6300

Do you have a Samsung TV that has Allshare, Click here to find out how to make PS3 Server work with your TV. http://goo.gl/8hUlM

PSM Server Rocks.
djfred

Postby hpb » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:30 pm

Hi,
I replaced the conf file, too
Code: Select all
# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for samsung allshare
#
#
RendererName=Samsung HPB
RendererIcon=philips.png
UserAgentSearch=SEC_HHP_TV-40C650/1.0
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=true
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=PCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=true
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=25
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16|video/x-matroska=video/avi
TranscodeExtensions=
StreamExtensions=mkv,mp3,mp4,avi,mov

Now I can see more than 20 images and folders. Thanks a lot!
hpb

Return to Alternative Media Renderers