Samsung AllShare uPnP/DLNA

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Samsung AllShare uPnP/DLNA

Postby Kasper » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Solved my problems,

I had on old version of PS3 media server I discovered.
Kasper

Postby djfred » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:50 pm

jjj wrote:Hi gentlemen,

I'm using PS3MS and a Samsung LE37C630 TV as a renderer. This works beautifully.
The one problem I have is with audio files ("Music"). The TV only currently supports mp3 files, which is not good enough for classical music.

Does anyone know whether the latest firmware supports any lossless format?

I do realize this is perhaps not the best place to post this question, but Samsung (France) aren't able to give me an answer (!), and my collection of music is entirely in FLAC format. So, if the TV were supporting, say, the WAV format, I would suggest an on-the-fly FLAC to WAV conversion.

Thanks a bunch.

I have only tried MP3 files and they do work. and WAV files should also work i have not tried myself but WAV is a default type Audio file that should be supported with a lot of players and servers.
Running on Samsung UN60C6300

Do you have a Samsung TV that has Allshare, Click here to find out how to make PS3 Server work with your TV. http://goo.gl/8hUlM

PSM Server Rocks.
djfred

Re: Samsung LN55C650 : Error Message: Not supported file for

Postby djfred » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Jags_FL wrote:@ djfred

many thanks for starting this thread.

While playing any MKV/VOB/DVD files(stored on a PC's hard drive) on Samsung LN55C650 (UserAgentSearch=SEC_HHP_TV-55C650/1.0) all I'm getting is "Not supported file format". In case of VOB I see two of each file/title and it'll jump from Title1 to Title5(last) displaying not supported file format message, will repeat it again and stops.........!

Which version of the server are you running.
Make sure you are on the latest one and that your TV is on the latest Firmware, Read on samsungs site what the new firmware's changelog is before upgrading if one is available.

Do you have a Samsung TV that has Allshare, Click here to find out how to make PS3 Server work with your TV. http://goo.gl/8hUlM

PSM Server Rocks.
djfred

Re: Samsung LN55C650 : Error Message: Not supported file for

Postby Jags_FL » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:49 am

djfred wrote:Which version of the server are you running.
Make sure you are on the latest one and that your TV is on the latest Firmware, Read on samsungs site what the new firmware's changelog is before upgrading if one is available.

Oh I forgot to mention that I'm running version 1.20.441-SB12 (Jan 18, 2011) and I just upgraded Samsung LN55C650 to firmware# 001032 but even after that it still gives me the same error that "Not supported file format".

Before I formatted the PC and reinstalled Windows-7 & PMS, I was able to play any VOB/MKV etc. Though I can play the same files via PS3 not just directly on to TV.

My setup:
Core i7 860, 6GB Memory, Nvidia 260 GTX, Windows 7 64bit
PS3 Media Server ver: 1.20.441-SB12
100 Mbps Wired networking
Transcoding engine: MEncoder
Java Version 6 Update 23
Jags_FL

Postby jjj » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:18 pm

djfred wrote:
jjj wrote:Hi gentlemen,

I'm using PS3MS and a Samsung LE37C630 TV as a renderer. This works beautifully.
The one problem I have is with audio files ("Music"). The TV only currently supports mp3 files, which is not good enough for classical music.

Does anyone know whether the latest firmware supports any lossless format?

I do realize this is perhaps not the best place to post this question, but Samsung (France) aren't able to give me an answer (!), and my collection of music is entirely in FLAC format. So, if the TV were supporting, say, the WAV format, I would suggest an on-the-fly FLAC to WAV conversion.

Thanks a bunch.

I have only tried MP3 files and they do work. and WAV files should also work i have not tried myself but WAV is a default type Audio file that should be supported with a lot of players and servers.

Thanks, Djfred,
Unfortunately, WAV is not supported (now confirmed by Samsung). Nor is FLAC or anything else.
Yes, MP3 works, but even @ 320 Kbit/s, quality is not there.
We'll have to wait and see, but I'll start a new topic to see whether anybody has been using a media player successfully with PS3MS.
Cheers.
jjj

Postby jjj » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:29 am

Hi, I'm back after analyzing the .conf files of Bravia TVs. Those files contain:
TranscodeAudio=MP3
TranscodeExtensions=flac (and many others)
So I decided to try the same in my Samsung.conf file, but then, as soon as I select a flac file (in the Music environment of Media Play), the TV goes black and says "Loading". After 4 minutes, it shuts down and restarts automatically.
During this time, PS3MS traces show 12 attempts to transcode the selected flac file.
Of course, if I leave TranscodeExtensions blank, the TV just refuses to play, saying "Unsupported file type".

Am I doing anything wrong, or should I definitely forget about the DLNA client of the TV? My topic about using a dedicated Media Player has not elicited any response at all.

Thanks in advance.
jjj

Postby djfred » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:54 pm

@jjj
so yesterday the whole day i have been trying to get wav/flac to work, but with no success.
What i did was update my mencoder to the latest one and then checked the debug.log.
What i found out was PSM Server actually detects what files and codecs it is, but the TV doesnt seem to handle it.

I have also tried the original media server that comes with Samsung TV and also that doesnt seem to work. It only shows Mp3's, flac/wav doesn't even show up
Also tried another media server as soon as you browse into the folder the TV goes back to the root folder.(inthe folder was wav/flac)

Also been working on getting the Web Streaming to work, i am kinda close.
Before it used to crash and reset the TV and then as soon as you click the file it said Not supported format. So now i got it to actually take a while before it says not supported format, and from debug.log its actually getting information from the web server of what the title of the track is.

PSM Server Rocks.
djfred

Postby antonicont » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi djfred,
You've done an amazing job with those .conf files, you're great!
Here's my question: i'm planning to buy a Samsung UE32C5100, and a LaCie d2 Network 2 server (uPnP/DLNA as well) to store my media files (wired to router).
PMS will run on my Mac, which communicates via ethernet with Samsung TV and via Wi-Fi with router.
Do you think PMS will be able to detect the LaCie this way, or it'll just see the file stored on my Mac?
Thanks in advance, Anto.
antonicont

Postby jjj » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:37 am

djfred wrote:@jjj
so yesterday the whole day i have been trying to get wav/flac to work, but with no success.
What i did was update my mencoder to the latest one and then checked the debug.log.
What i found out was PSM Server actually detects what files and codecs it is, but the TV doesnt seem to handle it.

I have also tried the original media server that comes with Samsung TV and also that doesnt seem to work. It only shows Mp3's, flac/wav doesn't even show up
Also tried another media server as soon as you browse into the folder the TV goes back to the root folder.(inthe folder was wav/flac)

Also been working on getting the Web Streaming to work, i am kinda close.
Before it used to crash and reset the TV and then as soon as you click the file it said Not supported format. So now i got it to actually take a while before it says not supported format, and from debug.log its actually getting information from the web server of what the title of the track is.

@djfred
Well, as I said earlier, my dearest desire would be to play flac files through my TV. But, now that Samsung have confirmed that neither wav nor flac were supported, I will have to find an alternative solution like a hardware media player, with the investment and all the risks involved.

In the meantime, I would survive if ps3ms could transcode on-the-fly from flac to mp3, and this is what I haven't managed to achieve until now. If you can offer any assistance, I will be extremely grateful.

Thanks a bunch.

J-J
jjj

Postby dummy_user » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 am

jjj wrote:Well, as I said earlier, my dearest desire would be to play flac files through my TV. But, now that Samsung have confirmed that neither wav nor flac were supported, I will have to find an alternative solution like a hardware media player, with the investment and all the risks involved.

I'm very happy with the boombox and (old) squeezebox I've got (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/speakers- ... ic-systems). The squeezecenter (server) has stayed open source even after Logitech baught the company. With the iphone app iPeng which costs about 10$, I've got an extremely well made remote (better than the logitech one which costs 300$). Just wanted to add my 2¢ ;)
is taconaut again
dummy_user

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers