Samsung AllShare uPnP/DLNA

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Samsung AllShare uPnP/DLNA

Postby yakuza » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:36 pm

I am an owner of Samsung PS-51D6900 and can confirm that current version of config (1.4.3) doesn't recognize my TV by default - It has to be modified to (check UserAgentSearch)

Code: Select all
RendererIcon=samsung.png
UserAgentSearch=SEC_HHP_
Video=true

Otherwise it shows my TV as Unknown renderer with the following headers User-Agent: SEC_HHP_[TV]PS51D6900/1.0 where [TV]PS51D6900 is a default name of my TV and can be changed via MENU. Thus, can be identified by SEC_HHP_

cheers
yakuza

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:26 am

That seems consistent with the debug.log output posted earlier:
 [New I/O server worker #1-1] INFO  09:40:06.018 Media renderer was not recognized. Possible identifying HTTP headers: User-Agent: SEC_HHP_[TV]UE32D5000/1.0

Looks like there are no other identifying headers sent - PMS would have logged them - which is why this combination will fail to recognize the TV:
UserAgentSearch=DontMatchAnything-UsingAdditionalHeaderSearchInstead
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(\w{3}_\w{3}_\w{2}-\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{4}/\d.\d)|(\w{3}_\w{3}_\[\w{2}\]-\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{4}/\d.\d)|(\w{3}_\w{3}_\w{2}-\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{3}/\d.\d)|(\w{3}_\w{3}_\[\w{2}\]-\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{3}/\d.\d)

Setting the UserAgentSearch to empty may work in indidual situations, but it will mess up the recognition of other renderers so we cannot put that in the standard SamsungAllShare.conf that comes with PMS.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby Mekthoub » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Hello all!

Confirmed same problem as yakuza with another AllShare Samsung TV, the model LE40C630. With PMS 1.50.0, and SamsungAllShare.conf 1.4.1, the TV is not recognized:

[New I/O server worker #1-1] INFO  16:23:32.536 Media renderer was not recognized. Possible identifying HTTP headers: User-Agent: SEC_HHP_TV-40C630/1.0

A custom .conf file can recognise this TV in various screen sizes with this single line:

UserAgentSearch=SEC_HHP_TV-(32|37|40|46)C630/1.0

yakuza's larger pattern "SEC_HHP_" works also. And it seems also to work with this line inserted into SamsungAllShare.conf 1.4.1, like that:

UserAgentSearch=SEC_HHP_
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(\w{3}_\w{3}_\w{2}-\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{4}/\d.\d)|(\w{3}_\w{3}_\[\w{2}\]-\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{4}/\d.\d)|(\w{3}_\w{3}_\w{2}-\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{3}/\d.\d)|(\w{3}_\w{3}_\[\w{2}\]-\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{3}/\d.\d)

This recognises my TV, even if there is none additional header. However I don't know if it will continue to recognise other Samsung TV? Probably yes, but I'm not sure.
Mekthoub

Postby yakuza » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:48 pm

BTW, Samsung TVs do not send any Additional Headers anymore... or at least my D6900 doesn't.
I checked few days ago with 0016 firmware, same effect with recently installed 0019
yakuza

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:18 pm

Mekthoub wrote:yakuza's larger pattern "SEC_HHP_" works also. And it seems also to work with this line inserted into SamsungAllShare.conf 1.4.1, like that:

UserAgentSearch=SEC_HHP_

This recognises my TV, even if there is none additional header. However I don't know if it will continue to recognise other Samsung TV? Probably yes, but I'm not sure.

I think this is the winning combination indeed. I've looked back in the thread for several logged hosts and they all have "SEC_HHP_" as connecting pattern.
The UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch worked in the past and it does not conflict with the UserAgentSearch, so it would be best if it stayed in to maintain backwards compatibility.

Update committed.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby Mekthoub » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:57 pm

And a Google search for site:ps3mediaserver.org "SEC_HHP_" finds only Samsung related posts, so there should not be any false positives, hopefully. Fine! Thank you, Raptor399! :D
Mekthoub

Postby SubJunk » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:12 pm

Why is MaxVideoBitrate limited to 25Mbps? Wouldn't it be better to leave that line out, since people can set it for themselves in the program? 25Mbps would be way too low for me.
I have committed the new version to our SVN repository, too.
SubJunk

Postby StreamHD » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Hey guys, I am a new owner of a Samsung LxxxD550 and have taken an interest in getting PMS (I am using official v1.50.0) and AllShare working properly together. I have added to the current .conf (v1.4.3). Once I've cleaned it up I'll post it here with a list of changes and reasons.

Currently, most supported formats are streaming well:
- mkv, divx, and vobs stream perfectly
- wmv sometimes has sync and stutter issues but skipping back and then fwd again fixes it
- Full DVD quality mpg's are viewable but suffer from an irritating stutter throughout.
- I've tested m2ts encoded with bitrates of 25Mbps and 12Mbps. Streaming 25Mbps is like watching a DVD on a 486... it doesn't work. 12Mbps streams well but stutters during "busy" scenes. On the plus side, DTS-HD streams perfectly and all embedded audio tracks are selectable during playback.
My gut says this TV doesn't have the processing ability to use the full 100Mbps Ethernet, hence the problem with m2ts (The conspiracist in me wants to blame samsung for locking the port via software to enhance wireless-n dongle sales ;) ). Does anyone have a similar experience with wired streaming and is able to compare with the performance of the wireless-n dongle?
Edit: I've been investigating and my HDD is not working 100% which contributes to stuttering on the m2ts streams.

Transcoding with MEncoder is not useable:
1) Video playback crashes after some minutes. PMS then shows "current bitrate: 0 Mb/s" but the transcoding buffer continues to grow. Exiting and then returning to the film resumes playback but crashes again shortly after.
Edit: Transcoding crashes on my server when viewing via the PS3 aswell so it's not an AllShare problem. Now to find out what changed (it was working perfectly a week ago!)
2) Once initial buffering is done and the video is about to play, the bitrate briefly spikes to 780Mb/s. It can also spike randomly during playback.
3) Seek/jump functions do not work.
Which logs should I be looking at and how can I get them? Currently I only know about the Traces menu and dubug.log but can't see what the problem is from there.
The following, taken from the e-manual with reference to AllShare limitations, may be a clue to the root of the problems: "If the Index Table is in error, the Seek (Jump) function is not supported."

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Raptor399 wrote:I think this is the winning combination indeed. I've looked back in the thread for several logged hosts and they all have "SEC_HHP_" as connecting pattern.
The UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch worked in the past and it does not conflict with the UserAgentSearch, so it would be best if it stayed in to maintain backwards compatibility.

Update committed.

Agreed. My setup requires the modified agent search and is not affected by the UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch.

SubJunk wrote:Why is MaxVideoBitrate limited to 25Mbps? Wouldn't it be better to leave that line out, since people can set it for themselves in the program? 25Mbps would be way too low for me.
I have committed the new version to our SVN repository, too.

The e-manual for my set recommends a MaxVideoBitrate of 30Mbps for MPEG-1/2, 25Mbps for H264 and VC1, and 8Mbps for all other supported formats. I've also looked at format specifications for a few other Samsung AllShare devices and they're more or less the same. I guess its easier to set it here so that your other devices are not limited?
PMS 1.50.1-Snapshot (latest commit); 400MB buffer;
Samsung LCD D550 Series with custom conf; Sony PS3; Xbox 360;
Win7 x64; JDK-7u2-x64; Intel i7 930 + X58 chipset; 3 x 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz; Gigabit backbone;
StreamHD

Postby aeb59 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm using PS3MediaServer 1.5.0 and have a Samsung 40" LCD with Media AllShare on it. Unfortunately I can't get ps3mediaserver to recognize the TV renderer at all.
The Debug.log file has this:

[New I/O server worker #1-14] TRACE 13:10:10.332 Request: HTTP/1.0 : GET : description/fetch
[New I/O server worker #1-14] TRACE 13:10:10.332 Received on socket: ACCEPT-LANGUAGE: en-us
[New I/O server worker #1-14] TRACE 13:10:10.332 Received on socket: HOST: 192.168.1.200:6001
[New I/O server worker #1-14] TRACE 13:10:10.332 Received on socket: USER-AGENT: SEC_HHP_TV-40C750/1.0
[New I/O server worker #1-14] TRACE 13:10:10.332 Using default media renderer Unknown renderer
[New I/O server worker #1-14] INFO 13:10:10.332 Media renderer was not recognized. Possible identifying HTTP headers: User-Agent: SEC_HHP_TV-40C750/1.0
[New I/O server worker #1-14] TRACE 13:10:10.332 HTTP: description/fetch / 0-0

I've tried various settings for useragentsearch in a new .conf file within the /.renderers subfolder.
I can see my renderer file being loaded:

[main] INFO 13:10:01.110 Loading configuration file: SamsungAllShare - Copy.conf

Which currently contains this:
UserAgentSearch=SEC_HHP_

Although I have tried with this being blank.

Any ideas why this isn't working?
Thanks
aeb59

Postby Mekthoub » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Hello!

Most probably the backup of the original .conf file perturbates your tests. Solution: Rename "SamsungAllShare - Copy.conf" to "SamsungAllShare.conf.bak", so that it is not loaded at PMS startup. And do your changes in "SamsungAllShare.conf".
Mekthoub

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers