Bravia (40)EX403 Owners

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Bravia (40)EX403 Owners

Postby mike_walker » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Thought I'd start a thread for any EX403 users out there cos it seems that there are differences between the models that make a difference to whether things display correctly.

My particular problem is that everything works fine but I can't get anything that needs transcoding to display at the correct aspect ratio. The non HD files are ok as you can choose "Zoom" on the Bravia and it'll make it right but with the HD content you can't therefore it's "squished". All files that don't need transcoding display fine.

I've tried the different suggestions in the other threads but to no avail. If any other EX403 owner get this sorted I'd love to know!

For a start, here're my PMS.conf and Bravia5500.conf files!
Bravia5500.zip
(853 Bytes) Downloaded 166 times

PMS.zip
(531 Bytes) Downloaded 133 times
mike_walker

Re: Bravia (40)EX403 Owners

Postby jk1989 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:38 pm

I have the 32 EX403 and am using your config files, my hd vids seem to display at the correct ratio using your config files??

I will try some other vids tomorrow to see if they are ok too.
The trouble i am having is i would like to get rid of the transcode folder to "neaten" it up a bit. However i can only watch the videos by going into that folder and chosing the tsmuxer option. Is there any way of getting around this?
jk1989

Re: Bravia (40)EX403 Owners

Postby mike_walker » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:08 pm

Mmm, if you're playing your videos by chosing to play them with TsMuxer then I can't see how you're playing something that needs to be transcoded (such as a DivX or XviD file). My films that play through TsMuxer also play at the correct ratio.

Is your problem that the files don't appear unless you go into the Transcode Folder - if so then is sounds as though MEncoder isn't working correctly?
mike_walker

Return to Alternative Media Renderers