Sony BRAVIA 2010 series

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Sony BRAVIA 2010 series (EX4/EX5/EX7/HX7/NX5)

Postby sbrbnhstlr » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:03 am

Greetings everyone.

Just started using PMS yesterday so try to bare with me.
I was originally using it with my 360, however it seemed that transcode buffer couldn't keep up.
So i've decided to give it a shot with my Bravia TV!
I have a Bravia HX7 and while the PMS and Bravia recognize eachother the PMS wont see my mp4 files in their folders.

There is a transcode folder with a folder for the movie im watching, however it's empty.

What am I doing wrong? I have tried numerous different .conf files to no avail. Thank you all in advance!
sbrbnhstlr

Postby picld » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:52 pm

I believe I've seen a similar post somewhere on the forum, cannot find it though. My BRAVIA NX710 would never play a MP4 file on the first attempt no matter what settings I have in my custom renderer.conf, maybe because the file is recognized as MPEG2. When I change directory and return, the MP4 video is now correctly labeled as AVC and successfully streamed without re-encode. Is there really no way to assign the correct mime type (AVC) to MP4? Perhaps with some MimeTypesChanges=video/mp4=video/mpeg4 or something?? I don't really get what can be converted on the fly and what not. Like why my 1440x1080 MPEG2/MPA home video files are listed on XMB but will simply not play. And why would the TV somehow correctly recognize MP4 but only on the second try.

My current config looks like the one I found in this thread:
Code: Select all
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=true
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=MP3
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
H264Level41Limited=true
TranscodeAudioTo441kHz=false
AutoExifRotate=true
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16|video/mp4=video/mpeg
DLNALocalizationRequired=true
ForceJPGThumbnails=true
MediaParserV2_ThumbnailGeneration=false
MediaInfo=true

Supported = f:mpegps v:mpeg2 a:ac3|lpcm|mpa m:video/mpeg
Supported = f:mpegts v:mpeg2|h264 a:ac3|mpa m:video/mpeg
Supported = f:mpegts v:mpeg2|h264 a:ac3|aac|mpa m:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts
Supported = f:qt|mov v:mp4|h264 a:ac3|aac m:video/mpeg
Supported = f:mp3 n:2 m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:wav n:2 m:audio/L16
Supported = f:jpg m:image/jpeg
picld

Postby Illico » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:14 pm

How do you check this "Supported=" configuration ?
Supported = f:qt|mov v:mp4|h264 a:ac3|aac m:video/mpeg

Sony Bravia doesn't support natively qt/mov file. Could you confirm it ?
Sony Bravia KDL-46EX501 | Sony BDP-S373 | Sony SMP-N100 |Serviio / PS3MS | Buffalo 2Share DD
Illico

Postby maxwell207 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:43 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new to PS3MediaServer. I have quite a problem with SUBTITLE support with my Bravia EX6. I can play mkv files no issue but i cant get any subtitles which are softcoded( together with .mkv) and .srt (separated file).

I also cannot play .avi files. When i browse avi movies folders , I can see transcode folders but empty inside.

Anyone can confirm Bravia not supported subtitles?

Thanks.
maxwell207

Postby armthehomeless » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:18 am

brotherjohn wrote:Thanks to both of you, smlange and ExSport. Now everything looks fine...the right AR and NO artefacts :D
Solved with this entry in PMS.conf (Windows):
Code: Select all
mencoder_decode = -vf softskip,expand=::::1:16\/9,dsize=4\/3

Question with this...

I put it in and HD files work fine on the Bravia now...but MKVs are all weird on the PS3 on the same network. Is anyone else running both BRavia and PS3 and notice this?? Is there a fix?
armthehomeless

Postby Beleggrodion » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi there

I have some strange problem. I have used first all default settings of the current PMS Version. This works very good for the first three Videos which i watched. After this, now i can try to play other video's with the same encodings but the TV only loads the Video and display the title above but on the left below i see that the video is played and then a pause symbol is displayed. I also can try to press "Play" on the tv controller but nothing happens. In the Transcode Folders i only see the videos, which are sucessfully played on tv, but the new one i tried aren't there.

X-AV-Client-Info: av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BRAVIA KDL-46NX710"; mv="1.7";

I also tried the settings in the first posting of this thread, but it also not worked.
Beleggrodion

Postby stelek » Mon May 30, 2011 7:51 pm

I'm trying to stream some HD music videos to my Bravia EX720. I downloaded them from YouTube as MP4 files and obviously they don't work when streamed from the PS3 Media Server. At the same time they work properly when delivered to the TV via USB stick. So it seems the TV does have the proper codec, it just does not use it when playing via DLNA.

After some investigation I discovered that I have ONLY ONE music video in HD in my collection that plays properly via DLNA. The video is in M2TS format. I tried to convert the YouTube MP4 files to M2TS replicating the parameters of the working file but I did not succeed :(

Has anyone had any real success in streaming HD content to the Bravia TV WITHOUT transcoding? I have lots of videos from my HD camcorder that work flawlessly but creating such content myself is another story. In particular I would like to transcode some YouTube videos to play on my TV - it's the only way for me to watch music videos since Vevo is not available on Bravias in Poland. Any help will be highly appreciated.
stelek

Postby stelek » Mon May 30, 2011 10:45 pm

Seems I've found the solution myself. If I convert YouTube MP4 video to M2TS using TsMuxer it works perfectly on my TV. If I do the same with FFMpeg - it does not... This method still does not work for some of my older MP4s but it solves my YouTube problem for now...
stelek

Postby Illico » Tue May 31, 2011 11:09 am

stelek wrote:... At the same time they work properly when delivered to the TV via USB stick. So it seems the TV does have the proper codec, it just does not use it when playing via DLNA.

Never compare DLNA and USB codec system, this is not the same firmware capabilities.
Sony Bravia KDL-46EX501 | Sony BDP-S373 | Sony SMP-N100 |Serviio / PS3MS | Buffalo 2Share DD
Illico

Postby stelek » Tue May 31, 2011 1:05 pm

Illico wrote:
stelek wrote:... At the same time they work properly when delivered to the TV via USB stick. So it seems the TV does have the proper codec, it just does not use it when playing via DLNA.

Never compare DLNA and USB codec system, this is not the same firmware capabilities.

You're probably right that different parts of the firmware are responsible for playback from USB and DLNA. However (as stated two posts above) I managed to make my videos work simply by taking the streams out of the MP4 container and putting them into M2TS container. I did not change the codec/streams in this process. So the problem was clearly not about missing codecs but rather about lack of support for a container. It seems the TV simply does not play MP4s at all (via DLNA). Which of course... sucks :cry:
stelek

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers