Panasonic Viera TX-P50G20E

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Panasonic Viera TX-P50G20E

Postby amelsen » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:38 am

My user agent says Panasonic MIL DLNA CP UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 for my G20.. But however I try to put that name into the .conf file, it keeps saying it's unrecognized...
amelsen

Postby Quinny » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:15 am

Tried the new community beta and no go. Get a unknown renderer picture on the front page now, it sees it but errors and just hangs at reading the folders again. Maybe one day someone who understands how to make these go will buy a a Panasonic and things will change but until then

....Back to 1.10 :(
Quinny

Postby Alf » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:18 pm

I think no one has an idea why the current version doesn't work :shock:

I ask in another thread http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7508&start=0 for help, but nothing happens :(

For the moment I use the old version... if it works... fine... if something is missing or when I need new features, I will try another mediaserver :|
Alf

Postby ExSport » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:03 pm

I have same TV, smaller size and already published Panasonic.conf file works for me. Latest PMS have no problems with detecting this TV.
Try to shorten user agent string...
ExSport

Postby Quinny » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:57 am

Thanks heaps for the reply ExSport. I am using your panasonic.conf already. When you say shorten the user agent string can you let me know what you mean me to do.

Thanks in anticipation :D
Quinny

Postby skccs32 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:25 pm

:D Hi everybody,

just got my TX-P50G20E (1 week ago) and installed the latest version of ps3server. The settings at the beginning of this thread (do they differ at all from the panasonic.conf settings?) work the same as the panasonic.conf.

The TV found the server and ps3server found the tv, without any problems.

My experiances so far:

* SD-Videostreaming, cueing works fine (All filetypes which I found on my computer from torrent-downloads to self made mpg2)
*Some Video's show up at a side instead of centered (letterbox)!
*Nokia mp4-Videos (840 pixels wide, 16:9) show up heavily zoomed in and only 2 thirds of the size. left aranged and 1 third cut off!!
* Most of my Digital IMages show up fine (some don't)
* Did not test any mp3 until now
* All Internet-Streaming and Internet-Radio throug PS3Server won't work at all (but Viera Cast works fine).

Then I also noticed some Installation Issues under Windows 7 Business.

As I kept on starting and closing ps3server (installed as application not as service) I noticed it would no more work (does not find the tv set anymore). Then I tried to uninstall reinstall, because I thought I had changed some default settings. I found that some dll could not be reeinstalled, it hat not been deletet while uninstalling. I could not delete it manually, because it was still under use. I then found 3 running ps3server-instances at the right end of the tastkbar. after closing these I found another 3 running ps3servers when launching task-manager. I killed them all. After that I could delete the dll, reinstall and everything worked fine again.

Also when I tried to set the checkbox to install as a service, I got an error, that it could not be installed. From that very moment ps3server did also not work anymore and I had to reinstall.

off topic: Within a week of use my tv had 2 freezes with automatic reboot (I could hear some clicking as when you turn it on). the first time it was while recording to an external disk. After that tat disk did show a free size of zero and i had to reformat it, which deleted my only existing recording (at that time). - Is this normal?

Greetings from Switzerland, Christian.
skccs32

Previous

Return to Alternative Media Renderers