Sony Bravia 5500 Series not playing MKV

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Sony Bravia 5500 Series not playing MKV

Postby Uslackr » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:27 am

mazey wrote:guys, me and tomeko have been working on a new bravia 5500.conf file can u guys help test it, it should play everything u throw at it. the only drawback is (due to bravia 5500 being so select when it comes to h264 content) that all h264 will be transcoded.. the advantages though is with mediainfo on now it wont keep trying to stream mpeg1 which isnt supported by the tv. it will also stop giving u blank screens so u dont have to exit out of the file/dir and then go back in with h264 content. u also dont need to set any custom settings, default is fine.
Code: Select all
TranscodeExtensions=dvr-ms,dvr,mkv,dv,ty,mov,ogm,hdmov,hdm,rmv,rmvb,rm,asf,evo,asx,flv,m2v,mpe,mod,tivo,ty,tmf,ts,tp,m2p,mp4,m4v,avi,wmv,wm,divx,div,flac,mlp,fla,wma,m4a,aac,dts,mka,ape,ogg,shn,mpc,ra,mp2,wv,oma,aa3,gif,png,arw,cr2,crw,dng,raf,mrw,nef,pef,tif,tiff

Thanks for the update. I'll start using it.
FWIW, there is at least on duplicate on the TranscodedExtensions list -- 'tp'.
Uslackr

Postby mazey » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:50 am

Uslackr wrote:
mazey wrote:guys, me and tomeko have been working on a new bravia 5500.conf file can u guys help test it, it should play everything u throw at it. the only drawback is (due to bravia 5500 being so select when it comes to h264 content) that all h264 will be transcoded.. the advantages though is with mediainfo on now it wont keep trying to stream mpeg1 which isnt supported by the tv. it will also stop giving u blank screens so u dont have to exit out of the file/dir and then go back in with h264 content. u also dont need to set any custom settings, default is fine.
Code: Select all
TranscodeExtensions=dvr-ms,dvr,mkv,dv,ty,mov,ogm,hdmov,hdm,rmv,rmvb,rm,asf,evo,asx,flv,m2v,mpe,mod,tivo,ty,tmf,ts,tp,m2p,mp4,m4v,avi,wmv,wm,divx,div,flac,mlp,fla,wma,m4a,aac,dts,mka,ape,ogg,shn,mpc,ra,mp2,wv,oma,aa3,gif,png,arw,cr2,crw,dng,raf,mrw,nef,pef,tif,tiff

Thanks for the update. I'll start using it.
FWIW, there is at least on duplicate on the TranscodedExtensions list -- 'tp'.

it ignores the transcoded list anyway since mediainfo is on..
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

Re: Developers: breaking changes forthcoming in 1.30.0

Postby mazey » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:15 pm

tomeko wrote:New method isDLNATreeHack (introduced with r691) checks whether renderer supports creating DLNA tree on the fly with fake <TotalMatches> value (enabled with CreateDLNATreeFaster renderer file option). With this, browsing is faster, but it violates upnp specification and is not supported with some renderers.

tomeko are u able to get bravia 5500 browsing faster, since u have one? :) i dont notice any speed change.
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

Re: Developers: breaking changes forthcoming in 1.30.0

Postby tomeko » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:48 am

mazey wrote:tomeko are u able to get bravia 5500 browsing faster, since u have one? :) i dont notice any speed change.

It work faster if You have lot of files in folder (without this option PMS analyze all files in folder before send).
tomeko
Project Member

Postby Zillode » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Fix by mazey works for me (OSX), thanks!
Zillode

Previous

Return to Alternative Media Renderers