Sony BDP-S370 (DLNA-compatible with new firmware M03.R.567)

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Sony BDP-S370 (DLNA-compatible with new firmware M03.R.5

Postby grolschie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:05 am

If you know how to check out source code with SVN, patch and compile it (or are keen to learn), then perhaps try this:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6930&start=180#p38045
grolschie

Postby scsibluesmaster » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:03 am

You'll have to forgive a .net developer who's used to vss6 - I've not done any java or linux-based development before. I wouldn't mind trying but am currently short on time. However, I did play a little with the patched windows executable posted in this thread the other day:

I installed it in linux through wine, with wine subsequently installing java 6. It ran without issue (or at least, none that I could detect). The patched PS3MS was able to serve up my flac audio files just fine. I forgot to test my high-res 24bit/192kHz dvd-a files, though, but i don't see why it wouldn't be able to handle those, too. Flac's are listed as mp3 files on the Sony S570 and it looks like the data is streamed as lpcm. It doesn't pick up any of the id3 tags, nor the folder.jpg cover art. I think the latter is actually a documented issue with Sony devices - not a PS3MS problem. The patched version also serves up my standard definition DVD ISO's, but they all have a 30~60s delay in sound, which I think I saw mentioned earlier in this thread. It's definitely on the right track and making good progress.

I'll see if I can't drum up some time to give the patch a real try with straight linux development tools after the holidays.

I also gave Serviio a shot - definitely no flac support, couldn't figure out how to get it to read ISO's, either. MythTV is even worse....overdeveloped...ugh...it won't even let me start a backend server without a tv tuner installed, even if configure a dummy card, so i have no idea if it's alleged dlna support could work with any of the Sony Blu-ray players. So far, PS3MS looks to be the best free option...
scsibluesmaster

Postby grolschie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:06 am

Hi scsibluesmaster,

Which patch did you try please?
grolschie

Postby scsibluesmaster » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:01 pm

yours, from page 19:

It won't really work without the patches. The patch I posted above works nicely for me. IMHO its worth following the steps and learning how to patch and compile the server.

You can try Patters' binary here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1188556/pms-set ... BDP-v4.exe

It's somewhat different to the one I posted and might play enough formats for you. Please let us know how you get on.
scsibluesmaster

Postby grolschie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:10 pm

That binary isn't mine. This is the patch I have uploaded. It requires patching the source code and compiling. Or did you already do that? Thanks.
grolschie

Postby scsibluesmaster » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Sorry, I meant the post I saw was yours, not the patch. I didn't see the original post for that download. I didn't recompile anything - I just used the precompiled installer from that post. Even though it's a windows binary, it works with wine.
scsibluesmaster

Postby grolschie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:41 pm

That's good to know, thanks.

You might have more joy checking out the source code and patching with the patch that I posted. Combined with the config with the patch, it streams most videos rather than transcoding. I am guessing that it could be tweaked more.
grolschie

Postby devsk » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:56 am

WorldOfHurt wrote:Ok, I have fixed the problem.

I have successfully tested this with MP3 audio, MPEG video and JPEG photos.

Attached is a r410 patch, I would be grateful if people could give it a try on their system, and see if it causes any problems?

The bug is also reported (#822) on the PS3MS Sourceforge

Enjoy :)
Has this patch made into 412 build?
devsk

Postby devsk » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:16 pm

grolschie wrote:Here is a patch which incorporates WorldOfHurt's Content Range and Content Length patches, but also works for internet tv streaming via pmsencoder 1.1.0:

EDIT: Patch code text replaced with this zip file. The config below is also included in the file.

It should work with a fresh svn checkout of 410, 411 and 412. However, my code tweaks are hacks which may break things for other DLNA players. PMS.conf needs: "http_engine_v2=true".

A simple config modified from Patters' config:
Code: Select all
# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Sony Bluray Disc Players (2010 Bravia Internet Video-enabled models)
# Refer to PS3.conf for help
RendererName=Sony Bluray BDP-Sx70
RendererIcon=bravia.png
UserAgentSearch=UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="Blu-ray Disc Player")
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=true
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=LPCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
H264Level41Limited=true
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/mpeg|audio/mp3=audio/mpeg|video/x-matroska=video/avi|video/mpeg=video/avi|video/mp4=video/avi|video/x-ms-wmv=video/avi|video/wmv=video/avi
DLNALocalizationRequired=true
StreamExtensions=mp3,avi,divx,mpeg,jpg,mpg

It seems to play most things nicely so far.
This patch doesn't apply against r412. I just pulled r412 from SVN and tried to apply the patch and I get all hunks failed:

Code: Select all
A    ps3mediaserver-r412/ps3mediaserver/.settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs
A    ps3mediaserver-r412/ps3mediaserver/.settings/org.eclipse.core.resources.prefs
Checked out revision 412.

$ cd ps3mediaserver-r412/ps3mediaserver

$ patch -p0 < sony-bdp-s570-ps3ms/BDP-Sx70.patch
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file net/pms/configuration/RendererConfiguration.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 305.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/pms/configuration/RendererConfiguration.java.rej
patching file net/pms/dlna/DLNAMediaInfo.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 68.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/pms/dlna/DLNAMediaInfo.java.rej
patching file net/pms/dlna/DLNAResource.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 48.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 725.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 935.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 948.
4 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/pms/dlna/DLNAResource.java.rej
patching file net/pms/dlna/RealFile.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 273.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/pms/dlna/RealFile.java.rej
patching file net/pms/dlna/WebStream.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 54.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/pms/dlna/WebStream.java.rej
patching file net/pms/encoders/MEncoderVideo.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1080.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1093.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/pms/encoders/MEncoderVideo.java.rej
patching file net/pms/io/SizeLimitInputStream.java
patching file net/pms/network/RequestV2.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 227.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 509.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/pms/network/RequestV2.java.rej
devsk

Postby grolschie » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:45 pm

Thanks devsk. It does actually patch ok with revision 412. Revision 413 was released on 24/12/2010, and the patch isn't compatible as yet. I hope to sort something out soon.

In the meantime, the simple workaround is to svn check out the source code, and then update (downwards) to revision 412. For those using TortoiseSVN, you right-click the folder and select "TortoiseSVN" -> "Update to revision...", and then type 412 into the box and click OK. The patching will then work. Doing an svn update afterwards will however result in a conflict for now.
grolschie

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers