Sony BDP-S370 (DLNA-compatible with new firmware M03.R.567)

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Sony BDP-S370 (DLNA-compatible with new firmware M03.R.5

Postby patters » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:45 pm

I've just remembered, for that last patch to work I think another one line mod is needed to another file (to tell it to return -1 when parsing an empty highRange from the renderer's GET. I've also got unneccessary diff lines in there from accidentally changing spacing and stuff. I'd recommend waiting until I clean it all up this evening (I'm not at home now).
I'll stick the source and the binary on my Dropbox since it's a patch on a patch....
patters

Postby grolschie » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi Patters. Is there any chance that you could make the patch work on a clean version of the files please? It's probably easist for me to svn revert to the originals and patch, and also for other people to patch checked-out copies. I would suggest that it's probably tidiest to maintain a single patch file that makes all the changes against a checked-out copy of PMS. Just a thought. Thanks in advance if you decide to do this. And thanks anyways for all your work. :-)
grolschie

Postby patters » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:03 am

Yep that was my intention. It's far too much of a mess otherwise.
patters

Postby grolschie » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:30 am

Thanks for that.
grolschie

Postby patters » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:56 am

Right - I have finally cleaned it up to hopefully not break any of the existing code behaviour which took an agonizing amount of time for a novice like me :)

This patch includes WorldOfHurt's content range patch and includes the renderer config (there are new settings) and device icon, so apply it to the clean r410 SVN. It fixes transcoding, adds support for m2ts files (without disguising their mime type) and also fixes photo thumbnails for web content (there's no normal photo thumbnail support in PS3MS yet). Though I have tried many DLNA servers, not one of them has produced video thumbnails for the BDP. Since it does image thumbnails I guess it must be possible somehow.

After figuring out how this code worked I felt stupid to discover that there was a variable in the renderer conf file to force the size of trancoded streams. Unfortunately however it was made for the PS3 and it seems to jump a huge block of pertinent code for the BDP (line 186 of RequestV2.java returns false with it set to -1). So as not to smash up the whole thing I decided to add a workaround for when that value is set to 370. Somewhat messy I know, but I wanted to keep the modifications to a minimum, and I don't have a PS3 to experiment with...
Attachments
sony_bdp_patch_v2.zip
apply to r410 SVN
(4.73 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
patters

Postby grolschie » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:32 am

Hi. Thanks for that. I have tried it on my install (some svn reverts, not a cleanly checked out copy), but it seems to break web tv for me. I am checking out a fresh copy now.
grolschie

Postby infidel » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:41 am

Grolschie: try adding
Code: Select all
TranscodedVideoFileSize=370
to the conf.

Superb job, patters :-)
infidel

Postby grolschie » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:03 am

Thanks, but sorry it's no good for me. I have a freshly checked out copy - applied patch, installed pmsencoder. Web streaming doesn't work for me. I still have my old install, which TV streaming still mostly works - some streams don't have any sound for some reason.

Also my config is very simple (doesn't use mediainfo section) and works on some files the this config doesn't. I found it easier to simply stream these extensions: mp3,avi,divx,mpeg,jpg,mpg and change mimetypes of various video file formats to .avi.

Thanks for working on this patters. And thanks for your post also infidel.
grolschie

Postby patters » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:46 am

If you revert the whole folder structure back to the SVN versions, TortoiseSVN won't delete extra files that aren't in the SVN. WorldOfHurt's patch creates a new file in net/pms/io, and my patch creates a new JPG in the resources folder, and also the sony_bdp.conf file. If you don't remove these when you try to run the patch again it will fail.

Also, you need to use the mediainfo method in the conf. If you don't, it uses an older version of several major code functions (we edited Request.V2.java for example, but your config will use Request.java). It's considered legacy in the code.
patters

Postby WorldOfHurt » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:05 am

Just a FYI, but mediainfo has some bugs parsing some media.

I can't remember which ones (doh) but I had some "worked before, doesn't work now" behaviour for some files when I was testing some other problems I was having with manually transcoded stuff.

It is always worth trying mediainfo standalone on problem media to see if it can read them - if it can't determine the media type, PSM won't play nice with them either.

[Just in case the upgrade seems to bork more stuff, grolschie :P]
WorldOfHurt

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers