AviSynth/FFmpeg settings for Xbox 360

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

AviSynth/FFmpeg settings for Xbox 360

Postby Transient » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:39 am

I'm having a hard time getting PMS working properly from my Windows 7 x86 machine to my Xbox 360. It works perfectly with my PS3 which is connected to the same switch.

The problem it seems is my Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 (quad core) is not able to transcode 1080P video quickly enough. The CPU certainly has the horsepower to do it, but the CPU usage remains the same whether or not I turn on multicore support. I can see in Task Manager that mencoder_mt.exe is being used.

My next step then was to try AviSynth/FFmpeg which should have good multi-core support. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out the settings which will make my 360 happy. Instead, it always complains that it is "Unplayable Content".

If you happen to know a combination that will work, then please let me know. I'm also open to any other suggestions if you think there's a better way to accomplish it.
Transient

Re: AviSynth/FFmpeg settings for Xbox 360

Postby strictlyfocused » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:48 am

If you are using the latest betas you can check out my post >>HERE<< to see how I corrected an issue which was was almost identical ...
strictlyfocused

Return to Alternative Media Renderers