Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Has anyone tested other streaming clients with new PMS 1.11?

Postby ronnymes » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi,

I'm new here!
I have a Samsung LE32B650 LCD tv and want to stream with PS3 Media Server ( better then the Samsung PC Share Manager )
But.. I'm having also some troubles with .iso files, and can't play mp3's
And mkv files are buffering after a 1 minut :? .. my pc has a q6600 quadcore cpu.

[New I/O server worker #1-1] TRACE 19:18:33.421 Media renderer was not recognized. HTTP User agent :SamsungWiselinkPro/1.0

And when I wanna install the latest version, i'm getting a error :
Error opening file for writing
C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server\Win32\service\wrapper.dll
ronnymes

Postby otmanix » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:54 pm

Writing problems to wrapper.dll seems to be a MS Vista related problem. As mentioned before in this forum installing into a different directory will work. I think rebooting, not starting PMS but running PMS installer once again may solve this problem. Make sure that PMS won't be started automatically per autostart or service before installing.

Copy a *.conf file in C:\Program files\PS3 Media Server\renderers and customize it for your Samsung TV / streaming client. Read this thread from beginning...
I provide NO application support via PM, so please post your question to the forum.
PS3 Media Server related articles on my blog: http://otmanix.de/?cat=11&lang=en
otmanix

Postby marcjero » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:51 am

Hi,

I just tried PMS 1.20 with may Samsung 40A856 : mp3, jpg, avi, mp4 are all working out of the box !

I just copied the w5500 profile to create a Samsung profile and I changed the renderer detection settings. Very happy with the result so far.
Now I have to understand the profile definitions and I hope I will improve the Samsung profile. I have to use transcoding for unsupported formats.

Something I would like to get working is Internet radio streaming. For now it's broken but I didn't investigate too much.

Thanks for this fantastic software guys.

here is the conf file I'm using for now

Code: Select all
# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Samsung Wiselink

# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=Samsung Wiselink

RendererIcon=bravia.png

UserAgentSearch=wiselink

Video=true

Audio=true

Image=true

SeekByTime=false

TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3

TranscodeAudio=PCM

DefaultVBVBufSize=true

MuxH264ToMpegTS=true

MuxDTSToMpeg=true

WrapDTSIntoPCM=false

MuxLPCMToMpeg=false

MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0

MaxVideoWidth=0

MaxVideoHeight=0

MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16

TranscodeExtensions=mov

StreamExtensions=mp3,mp4,avi

marcjero

Postby ronnymes » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:37 am

otmanix wrote:Writing problems to wrapper.dll seems to be a MS Vista related problem. As mentioned before in this forum installing into a different directory will work. I think rebooting, not starting PMS but running PMS installer once again may solve this problem. Make sure that PMS won't be started automatically per autostart or service before installing.

Copy a *.conf file in C:\Program files\PS3 Media Server\renderers and customize it for your Samsung TV / streaming client. Read this thread from beginning...

Oke i've copied the file from marcjero, and change the xbox .conf ( not needing it ) and the render is working now.
I can play mp3 and mp4 now :)
Tnx Marcjero!

But ( there's the but :p ) I cant play youtube files or .mkv files, is it possible to play these files?
ronnymes

Postby marcjero » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:40 pm

But ( there's the but :p ) I cant play youtube files or .mkv files, is it possible to play these files?

I guess it could be possible but I don't really know the transcode functions of PMS.
marcjero

Postby otmanix » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:52 pm

have a look at ps3.conf where are lots of comments/description, e.g.

# What extensions are forcefully transcoded
TranscodeExtensions=

So if you want mkv transcoded simply write
TranscodeExtensions=mkv

in your *.conf file...
I provide NO application support via PM, so please post your question to the forum.
otmanix

Postby marcjero » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:18 am

So if you want mkv transcoded simply write

TranscodeExtensions=mkv

in your *.conf file...

Doing this I suppose the MKV will be transcoded to MPEG4 AC3 right?
I think it's possible to just mux MKV tracks into MP4 or AVI container and so its not required to transcode. Is it possible to this kind of muxing in PMS ?
marcjero

Postby otmanix » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:37 am

Yes, it will forcefully transcode mkv. Here are the most important settings for transcoding:

#Transcode codecs for video and audio engines
#currently supported: MPEGAC3 or WMV for video, PCM or MP3 for audio
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=PCM

These are the options for muxing video/audio

#Muxing capabilities: Does the media renderer supports H264 and MPEG2 in a mpegts file ?
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true

#Does the media renderer supports DTS in a mpeg file ?
MuxDTSToMpeg=false

#Does the media renderer supports DTS wrapped into LPCM in a mpeg file ?
WrapDTSIntoPCM=true

#Does the media renderer supports LPCM in a mpeg file ?
MuxLPCMToMpeg=true

You can also enforce to not transcode a filetype
# What extensions are forcefully streamed as is (and not transcoded)
StreamExtensions=
otmanix

Postby cparsons » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:51 am

I have been looking through this thread over the weekend and downloaded v1.20, replaced mencoder.exe and mplayer.exe by the version stated earlier in this thread and to my surprise and delight can now stream videos on my Bravia KDL-40W5500 - the commercial media player I bought (Nero Media Home 4) would only see and play some videos, and would not transcode anything, so I am very impressed!

I did not even have to do any 'tweaking' of configuration files as it looks as if some kind soul had already included a conf file covering my TV in the 1.20 build, and even a sexy image of it which is displayed as the alternative renderer (next to another renderer, I have no idea what this is!)

I do have a few question? I get a few extra folders, with what appears to be transcoded copies of the original videos, I thought the idea was the original files were transcoded 'on the fly' '?? Sometimes the original will not play but the 'copy' will, or the image is broken up, have I missed something in the documentation?

My CPU is an Intel Core 2 Duo 6600, and when playing an HD video (MKV format) sometimes I get occasional pauses in the video and audio - is this likely to be the CPU causing a bottleneck? I have just ordered a 6850 which is a fair bit faster, think this will help? (can't hurt!)

If I fast forward video after a few jumps the picture pauses?

I'll carry on experimenting but I am very impressed with this and am thinking about sending a contribution - thanks to everyone who has been contributing, I do not own a PS3 but the Bravia side of this software seems very well supported :)

Best wishes

Chris
cparsons

Postby otmanix » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:50 pm

If I fast forward video after a few jumps the picture pauses?

You can use fast forward / rewind within the buffer - use "go to" instead which will work as expected when moving more than few minutes...

You should also read the howto which is available on my blog: http://otmanix.de/english/category/media-server/
After that post your questions... ;)
otmanix

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers