Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Postby D-T » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:40 am

Sorted !
still having problems with Mkv the image is going x2 and the audio normal. Ichecked a smaller file, and looks like goes right,
do you think this could be caused becaouse the PC is slow? or maybe another thing?

thanks for the help!
D-T

Postby Hyde » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi

Running v1.20.412 and just noticed that the status displays copies of my Bravia Z5800 TV and the PS3 on differnt IP addresses :?

If I check the ARP table on my router two of the IPs listed by PSMS don't exist as being issued but the DHCP table does list these extra IPs but doesn't have a device name shown against them.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to ensure that these devices are only allocated one IP?

Thanks
Sony Bravia KDL-40Z5800
PS3 Slim 250GB & PMS 1.72.0
Tranquil WHS (Intel Atom 230 / 1.60GHz / 1GB RAM)
Hyde

Postby mediajunkie » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:50 pm

Hyde,
Each device on your network should have a single, unique IP address by default. Make sure all of your devices are set up to use automatic (DHCP) to obtain an IP address. If you need to assign static IP ddress to a device, set up a reservation on your DHCP server for that device. You can look at your DHCP server's address lease table to see which device is assigned each IP address. You can use the Unique ID (MAC Address) to trace devices that do not have a Name or Description. The MAC address is usually found on the data plate of network devices. Hope this helps.
mediajunkie

Postby Hyde » Sun May 01, 2011 11:44 am

Cheers. The server is on a static IP but all other devices are set to automatic allocation via DHCP. I did find that simply closing PSMS and restarting it cleared the duplication and they haven't come back since. So since I can't replicate the problem I'll just have to put it down to JOOTT.

I had been fiddling with Dynamic PlayLists from WMP11 but found that PSMS times out with a DLNA 2006 error. Since PSMS doesn't support random play across the whole library I tried to create a PLayList of the whole library (approx 3500 tracks in FLAAC format) and use that. But it looks as though there are too many tracks for PSMS to cope with in one hit. Not a major issue since I use SqueezeServer for music, but just thought it would be nice to try directly from PSMS.
Sony Bravia KDL-40Z5800
Hyde

Postby SeeKay » Tue May 10, 2011 2:11 pm

hey,

sorry i'm a complete noob to this

i've installed psm onto my computer (win7), and my sony bravia kdl-55ex711 wont detect it.

well it detects it when i go to media server troubleshoot, but it's "unallowed" and there is no actual name for the server.

It detects my windows media server on the same computer. do i have to turn that off?

i've also added the .conf filefor the KDL-40Ex711, but just changed the UserAgent to KDL-55ex711

any help would be appreciated

thanks
SeeKay

Postby Hyde » Sat May 14, 2011 11:17 am

Hyde wrote:Hi

Running v1.20.412 and just noticed that the status displays copies of my Bravia Z5800 TV and the PS3 on differnt IP addresses :?

If I check the ARP table on my router two of the IPs listed by PSMS don't exist as being issued but the DHCP table does list these extra IPs but doesn't have a device name shown against them.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to ensure that these devices are only allocated one IP?

Thanks

mediajunkie wrote:Hyde,
Each device on your network should have a single, unique IP address by default. Make sure all of your devices are set up to use automatic (DHCP) to obtain an IP address. If you need to assign static IP ddress to a device, set up a reservation on your DHCP server for that device. You can look at your DHCP server's address lease table to see which device is assigned each IP address. You can use the Unique ID (MAC Address) to trace devices that do not have a Name or Description. The MAC address is usually found on the data plate of network devices. Hope this helps.

Found PMS with duplicate IP's again :o

Stopped and restarted PMS and all is fine again. Just don't know how these duplicates are getting in there. All kit used to work just fine and I've made no changes to the setup of these devices or the router. All these problems appear to have arisen after installing 1.21.nnn of PMS. Can't remember how I found it now as the latest beta is 1.20.412 :? In regressing to version 1.20.412 is there a chance that something was left behind in the uninstall of 1.21.nnn that's now screwing my current install?. Everything is on DHCP too (apart from the main server on a static IP).

In addition the Status view gives me a speed for the wired connection to the TV but no speed for the wired switched on PS3.

Lastly it keeps telling me there are no images when clearly there are and in the past it's had no problem displaying them. They're all stored as:-

Share/folder 1/year/month/*.jpg

TIA
Sony Bravia KDL-40Z5800
Hyde

Postby blmartin » Wed May 25, 2011 7:13 pm

Has anyone had any success with streaming mp4 or m4v files to PlugPlayer in the iPhone? I tried using the config file below and some others scattered throughout the thread but I end up getting a loading screen, then a white screen and then it flips to what looks like an mp3 screen with artwork. It seems some people might have had success with this based on some posts in this thread but I haven't had any. Could someone post a config file that has mp4 streaming working to PlugPlayer? I'm not interested in transcoding, I've already read those discussions that is isn't possible, but I've got a huge selection of mp4 and m4v files for my iPod. Any help would be appreciated.

tsp wrote:Would it be possible to add support for encoding to MPEG4 - part 2 Simple profile in addition to MPEG2 to add support for the iPhone (using PlugPlayer). Currently transcoding/direct streaming works well with PlugPlayer on the iPhone but encoding will not work as it does not support MPEG2. I use the following renderer configuration:

Code: Select all
RendererName=PlugPlayer iPhone
RendererIcon=ps3.png
UserAgentSearch=iPhone
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=PlugPlayer
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=true
DLNALocalizationRequired=false
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=PCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=false
#Does the media renderer supports DTS wrapped into LPCM in a mpeg file ?
WrapDTSIntoPCM=true
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=640
MaxVideoHeight=480
H264Level41Limited=true
TranscodeAudioTo441kHz=false
TranscodeFastStart=false
TranscodedVideoFileSize=0
AutoExifRotate=true
MediaInfo=true
Supported = f:mp4    v:mp4|h264 a:ac3|aac       m:video/mp4
Supported = f:wav       n:2     s:48000 m:audio/wav
Supported = f:mp3       n:2     m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:aac       n:2     m:audio/x-m4a
Supported = f:wma       n:2     m:audio/x-ms-wma
Supported = f:atrac     n:2     m:audio/x-oma
Supported = f:jpg       m:image/jpeg
Supported = f:png       m:image/png
Supported = f:gif       m:image/gif
Supported = f:tiff      m:image/tiff
blmartin

Postby alagerqv » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Did anyone make this FSL DLNADOC renderer work? I have same issue with this, using a Pinell Explorer radio thing...
alagerqv

Re: non-ps3 - Panasonic TX-L42V20E: no PMS folders

Postby JoPeters » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:28 am

Hi all,

PS3 Media Server 1.23.0: the installation was completed successfully on a Lenovo notebook T400, Windows 7 64 (Enterprise, similar to Ultimate). I shared some selected folders (directories) in PMS, which are shared in Win 7 as well. All recommended codecs are installed properly. The notebook is connected through WiFi (wireless lan) via a Fritz!Box 7170 to the Panasonic TV TX-L42V20E. The orginal Panasonic WiFi stick (dongle) works properly with this TV, all test results are okay, Viera Cast works stable and fast.

PMS recognizes the renderer Panasonic TV TX-L42V20E immediately. On TV, using Panasonic Viera Tools Media Centre, an according entry is offered for PMS ... but when selecting it no folders are displayed. A text message is displayed in the preview pane "Reading ...", but nothing happens. After several trials an error message occured "Connection to the server failed (or: no connection to the media server)" <Translated from German into English>.

The PMS log doesn't give any hint that there are any problems or errors.

Windows Media Player 12 streaming works, including DivX.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for supproting me in analyzing the problem and solving it.

Best regards,
JoPeters
JoPeters

Postby ExSport » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:32 pm

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11094&view=unread#p51060
You have two options:
Code: Select all
- change MediaInfo=true to MediaInfo=false in Panasonic.conf file or
- try my build

ExSport build: http://code.google.com/p/pms-exsport/
ExSport

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers