Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Postby Fixx » Tue May 04, 2010 7:35 pm

casketizer wrote:Just encountered one Problem.
tsmuxed x264 works perfect
mencoder transcoded x264 with original 16:9 aspect gets letterboxed and thus wrong aspect ratio.
-vf expand=::::1:16/9 doesnt help.
is there a solution for this?

expand option should help, but uninstall the PMS, delete all the residue files, restart the computer twice. Install last version, restart the computer, then enter the expand option.
Fixx

Postby tent » Wed May 05, 2010 6:04 pm

patters wrote:@tent - I found that build 409 will not stream AVC stuff without transcoding/just locking up unless I set the encoder preference to prefer tsMuxer. Even then it will list it as MPEG2. However tsp contributed some code fixes and a recompiled jar file earlier in this thread that I'm using with a Bravia V5500. Works very well. If only they would update the dlna renderer in firmware to allow DivX/Xvid playback (like they do with PS3 and their bluray players) and subtitle support I think everything would be covered... Unfortunately it's not at all in their interests though. Surprising that the Samsung firmwares have been hacked and not the Sony, especially as these Bravias also run Linux.

wow that was a hint! ;) Sorry I missed that BIG difference with the .jar posted by tsp, thanks tsp! ;)
but should I also leave tsMuxer as preferred or Mencoder?

about a firmware update for the 5xxx series sony's do somebody know some email/phone where we can maybe enquiry for an update? ;) The other way round I think that if Sony's really have Linux inside then that should actually be available since it is open source (I mean the sources of the firmware), or am I wrong?! ;) In that case maybe we could recompile the firmware with updated divix "feature" in it.. Ok maybe this is dreaming.. I'll look for some cool forum about this tv..

and in general about PS3MS I really like this SW, and it still has a lot of potential, keep it up guys! Probably the beta binary "pms-generic-linux-unix-1.20.409-BETA.tgz" should be updated to have all those patches, jars and confs in it now, what do you think?

tent:wq

PS: @Fixx: that sound like voodo overkill.. ;)
tent

Postby Mattofsweden » Wed May 05, 2010 8:32 pm

casketizer wrote:Got my new Sony Bravia KDL 40EX500AEP last friday.
Using the Bravia-EX.conf that MattofSweden provided and self compiled PMS build 410 it works perfectly straight out of the Box.
Amazing!!!
Been using PMS for 2 years with my PS3 which now can retire to just Games and BluRays.
Thx shagrath for making this amazing software!!

I'm glad you found it useful. I found the "all in one" render configs to be problematic.

Haven't been able to try out all the different formats avalible, but I'm yet to encounter a problem using that render config.

Spread the news.

And yes, thanks shagrath for creating the best DLNA server out there.
Matt of Sweden.

* PS3 Media Server version 1.20.410 (compiled from source) on Win7 x64 ultimate.
* Playstation 3 (Fatty).
* Sony Bravia KDL-32EX700
* MacBook Pro, Asus Laptop, Sony Laptop.
* Home LAN with dual networks. One wireless N and one Gigabit.
Mattofsweden

Postby casketizer » Thu May 06, 2010 8:03 am

Fixx wrote:
casketizer wrote:Just encountered one Problem.
tsmuxed x264 works perfect
mencoder transcoded x264 with original 16:9 aspect gets letterboxed and thus wrong aspect ratio.
-vf expand=::::1:16/9 doesnt help.
is there a solution for this?

expand option should help, but uninstall the PMS, delete all the residue files, restart the computer twice. Install last version, restart the computer, then enter the expand option.

I have reinstalled it several times already, to no avail.
And I have verified with a debugger that mencoder gets passed the -vf expand option on the commandline.
It is impossible to stream 16:9 avis or mkvs that dont work with tsmuxer.
Both get letterboxed into wrong aspect, with -vf expand or without.
And DIVX/AVI keeps getting needlessly transcoded no matter what I try,
if it is 4:3 it will work, if it is 16:9 it gets the Letterbox treatment.
This is getting REALLY frustrating, I think I go back to using the PS3. :(
I had intended to save those 180W but not if it robs me of the last nerves.
I hope shagrath can fix this problem soon.

EDIT:
Noticed another Problem.
If I disable subtitles it plays a black screen no sound video, but it does play, the progressbar/timecode move on.
WEIRD!
casketizer

Postby Mattofsweden » Thu May 06, 2010 4:40 pm

casketizer wrote:I have reinstalled it several times already, to no avail.
And I have verified with a debugger that mencoder gets passed the -vf expand option on the commandline.
It is impossible to stream 16:9 avis or mkvs that dont work with tsmuxer.
Both get letterboxed into wrong aspect, with -vf expand or without.
And DIVX/AVI keeps getting needlessly transcoded no matter what I try,
if it is 4:3 it will work, if it is 16:9 it gets the Letterbox treatment.
This is getting REALLY frustrating, I think I go back to using the PS3. :(
I had intended to save those 180W but not if it robs me of the last nerves.
I hope shagrath can fix this problem soon.

EDIT:
Noticed another Problem.
If I disable subtitles it plays a black screen no sound video, but it does play, the progressbar/timecode move on.
WEIRD!

Try deleting the preferences file in your profile folder. Reinstalls won't touch that file. Can be messed up settings in that one.

I don't have the problem with letterboxing on my EX700 and I've tried quite a bit of content.
Matt of Sweden.

* PS3 Media Server version 1.20.410 (compiled from source) on Win7 x64 ultimate.
* Playstation 3 (Fatty).
Mattofsweden

Postby casketizer » Fri May 07, 2010 3:54 pm

I had completely removed the install dir before reinstalling.
There is nothing in my profile folder that is related to pms, I don't use the media database.

Matt can you do me a favour and zip up all your .conf files for me and put them on rapidshare?
Both our TV's have the Bravia Engine 3 dnla client and should behave identical....
casketizer

Postby wjzbj » Sat May 08, 2010 12:31 pm

I am from Beijing of China. I am a freshman here. My English is poor. Sorry.

I created a new BraviaEX7.conf for my SONY 46EX700 TV. My PS3 media server can detect it. I can look pictures and listen music through PMS from internet website on my TV. I modified web.conf to add a feed line link to hyr191.rss which downloaded from here. Then I want to watch that vedio but failed. I can hear the audio but nothing on the TV screen. Why? What should I do?

Edit1: I've fix it.
Last edited by wjzbj on Sat May 15, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wjzbj

Postby Mattofsweden » Sun May 09, 2010 1:43 pm

casketizer wrote:I had completely removed the install dir before reinstalling.
There is nothing in my profile folder that is related to pms, I don't use the media database.

Matt can you do me a favour and zip up all your .conf files for me and put them on rapidshare?
Both our TV's have the Bravia Engine 3 dnla client and should behave identical....

The only config file I have is the renderer config, and a untouched PMS.conf in my profile.

x:\Documents&Settings\Username\AppData\Roaming\PMS\pms.conf
Code: Select all
thumbnails = false
alternativeffmpegpath = C:\\Program Files (x86)\\PS3 Media Server\\win32\\dvrms\\ffmpeg_MPGMUX.exe
mencoder_ass = true
network_interface = eth3
prevents_sleep_mode = true
enable_archive_browsing = true
hostname = 192.168.1.102
mencoder_mt = true
mencoder_fontconfig = false
language = en
chapter_support = false
hide_transcode_folder = false
hidevideosettings = false
hide_enginenames = false
folders = D:\\Samples,M:\\new
mencoder_mux_compatible = true

If you are gonna use above, which I don't see a reason to because it's default, don't forget to change your NIC/IP to match your setup and change the folders to share inside PMS!
Matt of Sweden.

* Playstation 3 (Fatty).
Mattofsweden

Postby tent » Mon May 10, 2010 2:24 pm

maccroche wrote:Hallo patters,
I had the same problem also with my KDL 32V5500, I changed the following parameters to fix this:
* changed the TranscodeVideo option to TranscodeVideo=MPEGTSAC3
* added mpg in the TranscodeExtensions list and
* set MimeTypesChanges to MimeTypesChanges=

I changed other parameters in the pms.conf file. You can find attached the bravia5500.conf and PMS.conf files below (bravia5500.conf is listed below).
Can you play avi file correctly? I have a "jetlag": the sound begins about 2 seconds too late.

PS: what are the files properties, can you use MediaInfo?

Configuration I used:
* Version tested: Java PS3 Media Server v1.20.410
* XP with SP 3
* Sony Bravia KDL 32V5500, firmware 1.7
* Java build 1.6.0_13-b03

I hope it will help you. Let me know about the results on your side.

patters wrote:Problem: incorrect media type detection, usually forcing transcoding when it's not necessary (when stream within the file container is in fact PS3/Bravia AVCHD compatible).

PS3MS 1.20.409
Windows 7 32bit
Sony Bravia KDL-32V5500

I got PS3MS working ok with MPEG2-transcoded stuff though personally I don't like the quality. Not a big issue really since DivX/Xvid will be dying out soon in favour of H.264. I downloaded a few 1080p .mts files and the Bravia listed them correctly as AVC. They play fine, though they do stutter a bit (probably due to my PC being on wifi rather than cable connection).

But really I would like to view H.264 rips, usually 720p, intended for PS3 (level 4.1) using the TV as a renderer but without transcoding. I gather that this should be possible, as tsMuxer will convert the container on the fly from mp4/m4v/mkv to mts.

I downloaded a suitable rip - a good one to test because of its small 530MB size: The Informant! 2009 BluRayRip 720p 5_1_ch AVCHD h264 subs 1h48m mp4.

The problem is that the Bravia lists the file as MPEG2 (which I presume is the fault of PS3MS incorrectly analyzing the file). I have checked Definitely disable subtitles and Switch to tsMuxer when H264 video is ps3 compatible, which this one is. It nevertheless tries to use MEncoder to transcode and my old PC cannot handle it.

However, if I force tsMuxer to have a higher preference than MEncoder then attempt playback of this file (still showing as MPEG2) it does indeed play without transcoding. It claims to be using MEncoder but the CPU use on the PC (a Pentium 4) is around 5% so it must be using tsMuxer. If I abort on the Bravia and return to the folder listing, the Bravia will then correctly list the file as AVC until the next time PS3MS is restarted. It also plays fine, though it still claims to be using MEncoder when it is not. I have tried with several other PS3 compliant mkvs and they all exhibit this behaviour. It looks to me like the AVCHD detection that PS3MS uses needs to be fixed, since it only seems to pick tsMuxer when I force it to.

Noticing some small stutters during panning on one the files that worked, I found that these were fixed by checking the Fix 23.976 / 25 fps mismatch option in the #Video Settings# folder on the Bravia's XMB. This option cannot be set in the PS3MS GUI.

I noticed in Bravia5500.conf there is an option for faster/better media detection which I tried, but this did not improve the situation.
Can anyone else reproduce my findings with their Bravia? It's so nearly working perfectly!

# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Sony Bravia 5500 series
# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=Sony Bravia 5500 Series
RendererIcon=bravia.png
UserAgentSearch=notusedhere
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(BRAVIA KDL.+5[0-9]{3})|(BRAVIA KDL.+WE5)|(BRAVIA KDL-[0-9]{2}XBR9)|(BRAVIA KDL.+EX5)
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=true
TranscodeVideo=MPEGTSAC3
TranscodeAudio=MP3
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
H264Level41Limited=true
MimeTypesChanges=
DLNALocalizationRequired=true
TranscodeExtensions=mpg,dvr-ms,dvr,mkv,dv,ty,mov,ogm,hdmov,hdm,rmv,rmvb,rm,asf,evo,asx,flv,m2v,mpe,mod,tivo,ty,tmf,ts,tp,m2p,mp4,m4v,avi,wmv,wm,divx,div,flac,mlp,fla,wma,m4a,aac,dts,mka,ape,ogg,shn,mpc,ra,mp2,wv,oma,aa3,gif,png,arw,cr2,crw,dng,raf,mrw,nef,pef,tif,tiff
StreamExtensions=

#Better/faster codec detection method ! true to enable it
#Need testing !
#MediaInfo=false
#Supported = f:mpegps|mpegts v:mpeg2|mp4|h264 a:ac3|lpcm|aac|mpa m:video/mpeg
#Supported = f:mp3 m:audio/mpeg
#Supported = f:wav m:audio/L16
#Supported = f:jpg m:image/jpeg

Hi all,
ok now I'm using the pms jar modified ps3ms version that fixed AVC recognition of files etc..
I'm also using pretty plain configurations like above maccroche's ones so using mplayer with tmuxer if file is ok.
Now it is frustrating since I still seem not able to play files ok in no way: the files seem ok if I leave the configs and have english language in movies, but the audio is not in synsc (stutters and is late). If I try to put my language instead of english I get only black or green messy static video picture and the audio hearable... what could this be? it is the same also if I use transcode subfolder etc.. also if I use 1080p mkv movies I have some stuttering of the movie.. strange.. cpu is core 2 duo... buffer is full...
So far only way to let it somehow work is to use Avisinth/ffmpeg encoding.. that's for the moment the most ok, but seems reencode everything.. :(
Any suggestions for a good configuration/setting to be used?

tent
tent

Postby Coupevt » Tue May 11, 2010 5:01 pm

Is there or will there be support for the Sony HX700 series?

Thanks.
Coupevt

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers