Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Postby Fozzie Bear » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Hyde wrote:The slow connection to the TV is now starting to be a problem. With only 43Mbps video stops and starts, photo's are fine, which in truth was my only need as I wanted something quick and dirty for that. If we're going to watch video's then we'll do that via the PS3 itself which is getting 93Mbps. So the slow speed to the TV whilst niggling, isn't a show stopper for me at least.

If anyone knows of a way that I can provide diagnostics to improve the connection speed to the TV then I'm happy to help, just need instructions, detailed instructions ;-)

As tent says above I am running Gigabit ethernet and I am only showing 44 -45Mbps. Mpeg files play absolutely fine but AVIs run faster than normal and stutter. Also sound is out of sync.
Not sure how to change this in the settings
Fozzie
Fozzie Bear

Postby ps3ForMyLg » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi,

Is anybody able to help me getting PS3 MediaServer running with LG BD-390 BluRay player?
The LG supports generally media server streams.
I am using a conf file for LG 390 posted in this thread.
The PS3 media server recognizes the LG properly and vice versa.
When I select a movie on the LG to be played, the screen went black and LG crashes after a period of time.

Has anybody an idea what could cause this problem?

Regards

Jens

Can anybody help?
ps3ForMyLg

Postby GameBoiye » Sun May 02, 2010 10:58 am

shagrath wrote:
roadhead wrote:AndroMote is (I believe) capable of the task, and it sees the server on my network, and I see stuff fly by in the debug.log, but the phone always says the server does not support "Browse" - I'm running the latest SVN check-out on FreeBSD.

ok, thanks :) I'll try it

Just wondering, any luck with this yet? I also am getting the same thing when trying to use AndroMote from my Android phone running 2.1. There are logs in the debug file that show it is trying to connect, the device shows up on the screen as detected, but the program does not allow for browsing.
GameBoiye

Postby abbenhui » Sun May 02, 2010 11:18 pm

Hyde wrote:Downloaded the latest beta (1.20.409) which came with a set of .conf files, one of which was for a W5500 Bravia. That appears to work with my Z5800 too. I made a couple of text changes to make it 'look' like it was designed for a Z5800, but other than left the .conf file as it was.

The slow connection to the TV is now starting to be a problem. With only 43Mbps video stops and starts, photo's are fine, which in truth was my only need as I wanted something quick and dirty for that. If we're going to watch video's then we'll do that via the PS3 itself which is getting 93Mbps. So the slow speed to the TV whilst niggling, isn't a show stopper for me at least.

If anyone knows of a way that I can provide diagnostics to improve the connection speed to the TV then I'm happy to help, just need instructions, detailed instructions ;-)

Same here : a Gigabit networkadapter and a Gigabit router, but max 47 Mbps to my Bravia. In general its working fine, but with some movies the sound reacts on the video, i.e. the sound "stutters" when the video uses to much bandwith.

Anyone perhaps a suggestion ? Does it help to set the max bandwith on a value other than 0 ?
Thanks for responding.
abbenhui

Postby patters » Mon May 03, 2010 9:10 am

AFAIK, the NIC in the Bravia is a 100Mb one, and generally 70Mb would be the best throughput you could hope for. Deduct your TCP/IP overhead and The number is lower still. So I'd reckon approx 50Mbps is realistic. The PS3 has a Gigabit NIC, hence the difference. Other factors will limit that (perhaps it's reserving the majority of bus throughput for the GPU and so on).

@Fozzie Bear: Unlike the PS3, the Bravia cannot natively play AVIs so I think your issue is more likely to be a transcoding one.
patters

Postby tent » Tue May 04, 2010 10:03 am

Hi,
so ok for the NIC speed (I noticed anyway that either network banwidth nor cpuspeed was "topped" to the max when streaming or transcoding on my PC so far, so no issue there probably), BUT: it is anyway having some issues with audio stuttering and jumping or even not syncing ok (depending on the format of the file and on the encoding I choose), basically so far I was not able to find any good combination.
So is anyone of you using a good working setup with a sony bravia x5y00 series? so far the best combinations where avisynth/FFMpeg and avisynth/mencoder (but the inside settings I tried where several).

tent

PS-OT: is it true that the favourites channel selection on this sony series is so bad? i.e. I have to press the heart first and then scroll to the program I want?? sounds strange..
tent

Postby patters » Tue May 04, 2010 11:45 am

@tent - I found that build 409 will not stream AVC stuff without transcoding/just locking up unless I set the encoder preference to prefer tsMuxer. Even then it will list it as MPEG2. However tsp contributed some code fixes and a recompiled jar file earlier in this thread that I'm using with a Bravia V5500. Works very well. If only they would update the dlna renderer in firmware to allow DivX/Xvid playback (like they do with PS3 and their bluray players) and subtitle support I think everything would be covered... Unfortunately it's not at all in their interests though. Surprising that the Samsung firmwares have been hacked and not the Sony, especially as these Bravias also run Linux.
patters

Postby ps3ForMyLg » Tue May 04, 2010 1:44 pm

ps3ForMyLg wrote:
Hi,

Is anybody able to help me getting PS3 MediaServer running with LG BD-390 BluRay player?
The LG supports generally media server streams.
I am using a conf file for LG 390 posted in this thread.
The PS3 media server recognizes the LG properly and vice versa.
When I select a movie on the LG to be played, the screen went black and LG crashes after a period of time.

Has anybody an idea what could cause this problem?

Regards

Jens

Can anybody help?

Still no news for LG BD-390? :roll:
ps3ForMyLg

Postby casketizer » Tue May 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Got my new Sony Bravia KDL 40EX500AEP last friday.
Using the Bravia-EX.conf that MattofSweden provided and self compiled PMS build 410 it works perfectly straight out of the Box.
Amazing!!!
Been using PMS for 2 years with my PS3 which now can retire to just Games and BluRays.
Thx shagrath for making this amazing software!!
casketizer

Postby casketizer » Tue May 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Just encountered one Problem.
tsmuxed x264 works perfect
mencoder transcoded x264 with original 16:9 aspect gets letterboxed and thus wrong aspect ratio.
-vf expand=::::1:16/9 doesnt help.
is there a solution for this?

edit:
the same problem happens with transcoded 16:9 xvid/divx.
4:3 xvid/divx work fine.

this cant be that hard to fix, someone pls help :))

edit2:
also pms does not stream divx directly, only get it transcoded with bad aspect, why?
the tv supports divx directly

edit3:
it even transcodes divx when i add avi to stream extensions.
how do i force non transcode streaming of avis ?
Last edited by casketizer on Tue May 04, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
casketizer

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers