Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Postby pup99 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:16 pm

ddwalker wrote:Hi, I just got a KDL-52Z5100.

I know that it plays AVC video in a MP4 container, because I can play such a video through it's USB port. Using PMS, after I made some tweaking to the Bravia5500.conf file, I can see the MP4 video via transcoding. But it's very jerky, maybe due to the slow speed of my computer. (It's an Intel Atom based WHS.) I'm wondering how I can make PMS just streaming the MP4 file without transcoding?

The following the reported generated by MediaInfo Mac:
Code: Select all
*** MediaInfo Mac // Plain text file report
2009-12-19 01:38:44 -0800
Information for File: VID00004.MP4

General / Container Stream # 1
   Total Video Streams for this File -> 1
   Total Audio Streams for this File -> 1
   Video Codecs Used -> AVC
   Audio Codecs Used -> AAC LC
   File Format -> MPEG-4
   Play Time -> 2mn 4s
   Total File Size -> 155 MiB
   Total Stream BitRate -> 10.4 Mbps
Video Stream # 1
   Codec (Human Name) -> AVC
   Codec (FourCC) -> avc1
   Codec Profile -> Main@L4.0
   Frame Width -> 1 280 pixels
   Frame Height -> 720 pixels
   Frame Rate -> 30.000 fps
   Total Frames -> 3740
   Display Aspect Ratio -> 16/9
   Scan Type -> Progressive
   Colorimetry -> 4:2:0
   Codec Settings (Summary) -> CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
   QF (like Gordian Knot) -> 0.375
   Codec Settings (CABAC) -> Yes
   Video Stream Length -> 2mn 4s 666ms
   Video Stream BitRate -> 10.4 Mbps
   Video Stream BitRate Mode -> VBR
   Bit Depth -> 24 bits
   Video Stream Size -> 154 MiB (99%)
   Video Stream Language -> Japanese
   Date of Original Encoding -> UTC 2009-07-02 19:09:33
Audio Stream # 1
   Codec -> AAC
   Codec (FourCC) -> 40
   Audio Stream Length -> 2mn 4s 644ms
   Audio Stream BitRate -> 64.0 Kbps
   Audio Stream BitRate Mode -> CBR
   Number of Audio Channels -> 1
   Audio Channel's Positions -> C
   Sampling Rate -> 44.1 KHz
   Bit Depth -> 16 bits
   Audio Stream Size -> 974 KiB (1%)
   Audio Stream Language -> Japanese
   Date of Original Encoding -> UTC 2009-07-02 19:09:33

And the following is the Bravia5500.conf that I'm using:
# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Sony Bravia 5500 series
# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=Sony Bravia 5500 Series
RendererIcon=bravia.png
UserAgentSearch=notusedhere
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=BRAVIA KDL.+5[0-9]{3}
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=true
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=MP3
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=false
MuxDTSToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
H264Level41Limited=true
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16|video/mp4=video/mpeg
TranscodeExtensions=
StreamExtensions=
DLNAProfileChanges=MPEG_PS_PAL=MPEG_PS_NTSC|MPEG_TS_SD_EU=MPEG_TS_SD_NA|MPEG_TS_SD_EU_ISO

its been a while, and its sometimes confusing weather the options mean 'if this - then transcode and do more processing' , or 'if this - just pass it along to the device'
im pritty sure your missing
StreamExtensions=mp3,mp4,avi
for the containers Your device Can play, so it then knows to 'if this - just pass it along to the device' for .Mp4 containers, in this devices case.

so in this case your PS3MS is seeing a working-AVC-and-AAC.mp4 and hasnt been told your device can actually Play .Mp4 containers ,so trys to process it into something else before sending it over the wire(les) connection to the device,i forget what the default is (.mpg ?) if You dont tell it in config, hence using up valuble CPU cycles to put it inside the new default container were it doesnt need to in many cases.

on another note its not been clear to me if PS3MS uses a fixed multicast port as standard to send the data to the device as in WhatEverYouSetYourIP:7777
whats the deal there ?, and if so, are there more than one multicast post that PS3MS watchs and processes and a way to set this mode in pms?

the reason i ask is simple, useing another 3rd party streaming app such as VLC or whatever to send a direct multicast stream to this pms port, and have it passed along into the chain just like a regular internally processed video?
pup99

Postby ddwalker » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:29 am

pup99 wrote:
ddwalker wrote:Hi, I just got a KDL-52Z5100.

I know that it plays AVC video in a MP4 container, because I can play such a video through it's USB port. Using PMS, after I made some tweaking to the Bravia5500.conf file, I can see the MP4 video via transcoding. But it's very jerky, maybe due to the slow speed of my computer. (It's an Intel Atom based WHS.) I'm wondering how I can make PMS just streaming the MP4 file without transcoding?

its been a while, and its sometimes confusing weather the options mean 'if this - then transcode and do more processing' , or 'if this - just pass it along to the device'
im pritty sure your missing
StreamExtensions=mp3,mp4,avi
for the containers Your device Can play, so it then knows to 'if this - just pass it along to the device' for .Mp4 containers, in this devices case.

so in this case your PS3MS is seeing a working-AVC-and-AAC.mp4 and hasnt been told your device can actually Play .Mp4 containers ,so trys to process it into something else before sending it over the wire(les) connection to the device,i forget what the default is (.mpg ?) if You dont tell it in config, hence using up valuble CPU cycles to put it inside the new default container were it doesnt need to in many cases.

on another note its not been clear to me if PS3MS uses a fixed multicast port as standard to send the data to the device as in WhatEverYouSetYourIP:7777
whats the deal there ?, and if so, are there more than one multicast post that PS3MS watchs and processes and a way to set this mode in pms?

the reason i ask is simple, useing another 3rd party streaming app such as VLC or whatever to send a direct multicast stream to this pms port, and have it passed along into the chain just like a regular internally processed video?

pup99, Thanks a lot for answering.

After adding the "StreamExtensions=mp3,mp4,avi" line, I see the mp4 video title under the video folder on XMB. At the end of the title, it shows a label of "MPEG". (By the way, when I play the same mp4 file via USB, it's labeled as AVC.) And when I try to play the file, it says "Video file cannot be played". Also in the debug log, I see the following:
[New I/O server worker #1-2] INFO  00:20:03.984 HTTP: get/0$1$2/VID00052.MP4 / 184544707-100000000000
[New I/O server worker #1-2] DEBUG 00:20:03.984 Searching for objectId: 0$1$2 with children option: false
[New I/O server worker #1-2] DEBUG 00:20:03.984 Asked stream chunk [184544707-100000000000] timeseek: 0.0 of VID00052.MP4 and player null
[New I/O server worker #1-2] DEBUG 00:20:04.000 Sent to socket: Accept-Ranges: bytes
[New I/O server worker #1-2] DEBUG 00:20:04.000 Sent to socket: Connection: keep-alive
[New I/O server worker #1-2] DEBUG 00:20:04.000 Sent to socket: Content-Length: 524288
[New I/O server worker #1-2] DEBUG 00:20:04.000 Sent to socket: Content-Range: bytes 184544707-185068994/185068995
[New I/O server worker #1-2] DEBUG 00:20:04.000 Sent to socket: Content-Type: video/mpeg
[New I/O server worker #1-2] DEBUG 00:20:04.000 Sent to socket: ContentFeatures.DLNA.ORG: DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_NTSC;DLNA.ORG_OP=11;DLNA.ORG_CI=0;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000
[New I/O server worker #1-2] DEBUG 00:20:04.000 Sent to socket: Server: Windows_2003-x86-5.2, UPnP/1.0, PMS/1.11.369
[New I/O server worker #1-2] DEBUG 00:20:04.000 Sent to socket: TransferMode.DLNA.ORG: Streaming

Looks like it tries to stream the mp4 file, but as the content-type of video/mpeg. Then I saw this line in the conf file:
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16|video/mp4=video/mpeg

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with setting the content type to mpeg. I tried to change this line to video/mp4=video/mp4, or delete the video/mp4=video/mpeg part. None worked. Any idea how I can fix this?
Thanks!
ddwalker

Windows Media Player ?

Postby plexam » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:36 pm

Hi,

Anyone know why Windows Media Player 11 is not capable of browsing ps3 media server ?

dont really it for anything but debugging ps3 media server without having to use my bravia or ps3 so if anyone know of a dlna client browser that runs on windows that would be great too ;)
plexam

Postby ExSport » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:19 am

XBMC
ExSport

Postby itachi46 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:15 am

anyone here using a 5500 series bravia and manage to transfer more than 20~25mbps? im using ethernet and cant seem to do anything to make it transfer beyond that. i tested a file transfer through another computer and it was going about 92mbps so im rather confused here... shagrath said that he might have read somewhere that bravia TVs are capped to that speed? :S
itachi46

Postby tomeko » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:18 pm

itachi46 wrote:anyone here using a 5500 series bravia and manage to transfer more than 20~25mbps? im using ethernet and cant seem to do anything to make it transfer beyond that. i tested a file transfer through another computer and it was going about 92mbps so im rather confused here... shagrath said that he might have read somewhere that bravia TVs are capped to that speed? :S

Change to:
TranscodeVideo=MPEGTSAC3

inside bravia5500.conf
tomeko
Project Member

Postby itachi46 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:14 pm

hi tomeko thanks for the reply but unfortunately its still stuck at around 20~25mbps.. it did make mencoder not work but i used coreAVC and it still stuttered..

any other ideas?
itachi46

Postby phdeez » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:44 am

I know this might be a stupid request, but any idea if this could work for a TivoHD? I've got 2 TivoHDs and only 1 PS3. The family prefers using the Tivo when available and honestly I like the way I have options with PS3MS (and most importantly subtitles!!).

Any ideas on how I could get a TivoHD to stream my PS3MS served content? I know there are well documented serving options for Tivos, but I'd like to only have to keep up with one streaming server if possible.
phdeez

Postby pup99 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:01 pm

phdeez wrote:I know this might be a stupid request, but any idea if this could work for a TivoHD? I've got 2 TivoHDs and only 1 PS3. The family prefers using the Tivo when available and honestly I like the way I have options with PS3MS (and most importantly subtitles!!).

Any ideas on how I could get a TivoHD to stream my PS3MS served content? I know there are well documented serving options for Tivos, but I'd like to only have to keep up with one streaming server if possible.

its a shame, but it seems you cant plug in any 3rd party apps and stream them to the PS3ms input IP address and have that pick it up,process the TS/PS's and turn it into an internal stream to pass along to your device, at least Not until someone that understands how actually writes the patchs to do so at least, if ever?, its not even clear theres any interest from the devs here in adding that basic second or more IP input options to PS3ms.

your TivoHD's, VLC, and even the linux MuMuDVB+DVB-T stick running on a slow PC in the LAN or even install a MuMuDVB on a compatable openwrt router with a DVB-T stick and arial feed pluged into it, streaming ALL the available multicast DVB-* channels could add so much Value to PS3ms if someone took some time and effort add in a simple/several variable or even static multicast socket addresses and control GUI one day.
http://mumudvb.braice.net/mumudrupal/?q=node/1
"MuMuDVB (Multi Multicast DVB) is a program for streaming TV over a network originally based on dvbstream.

MuMuDVB can redistribute a stream from a DVB source (digital satellite television, digital terrestrial television, or digital cable television) on a network, in multicast or in HTTP unicast. Its main feature is to take a whole transponder and put each channel on a different multicast group. MuMuDVB have a low memory and CPU footprint and is able to run on embedded platforms. RTSP streaming will be implemented in a near future
..."
pup99

Postby phdeez » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:59 am

pup99 wrote:
phdeez wrote:I know this might be a stupid request, but any idea if this could work for a TivoHD? I've got 2 TivoHDs and only 1 PS3. The family prefers using the Tivo when available and honestly I like the way I have options with PS3MS (and most importantly subtitles!!).

its a shame, but it seems you cant plug in any 3rd party apps and stream them to the PS3ms input IP address and have that pick it up,process the TS/PS's and turn it into an internal stream to pass along to your device, at least Not until someone that understands how actually writes the patchs to do so at least, if ever?, its not even clear theres any interest from the devs here in adding that basic second or more IP input options to PS3ms...

Actually, I was looking for the other way around. Have PS3MS stream content to my TivoHD, not have my TivoHD stream content to PS3MS then to a PS3 (or other device).

There are Home Media options for the Tivo, but the "tivo' version has a clunky interface, one option requires python, but it all comes down to only having to deal with 1 'serving' application- I like PS3MS.
phdeez

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers