Willing to create Pioneer BDP-450 conf

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Willing to create Pioneer BDP-450 conf

Postby Tschacko » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Hey guys,

I'm trying to find the best solution to stream movies to my Pioneer BDP-450 from my PC.
So far the best solution is to use the PS3 Media Server...although there is a Universal Media Server. This doesn't run. It seems to die in a loop and only when I close UMS the Pio comes back to life.

I'm trying to find a solution for streaming mkvs with Dolby True HD sound in it. Do you have any suggestions ?

I thought the Oppo 93 conf might be a good solution to start but not any of the files I've trying to run (mkv,avis), run.

The pioneer supports many formats found here:
http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/42/84 ... specs.html

I'm willing to help all the pioneer guys but gimme a good starting point !

Thanks Tschacko
Tschacko

Re: Willing to create Pioneer BDP-450 conf

Postby Raptor399 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:03 pm

Raptor399
Project Member

Postby Tschacko » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi Raptor,

as for now I didn't find a conf that works at all besides the unkown renderer loaded by default. I don't know why the Oppo 93 conf doesn't work though I force it.
I would like to write a more specific config and maybe even make mkv with dts true hd possible...
Tschacko

Postby Tschacko » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Okay...so the PS3 Media Server works with the Oppo93 conf. The UMS Server doesn't work any way...will post it there. Can't get the Dolby True HD line to work though. I will post the settings here. Any smart ideas ?
Tschacko

Return to Alternative Media Renderers