Sony BDV-E380 doesn't transcode

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Sony BDV-E380 doesn't transcode

Postby tijsva » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Can someone point me out how to setup proper transcoding options to enable Mencoder and TSmuxer? I can only play with "no encoding" as only the #transcode folder is available. I wan't to know where I can change these settings, in which config.

Thanks!
tijsva

Re: Sony BDV-E380 doesn't transcode

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:57 am

I'm not entirely sure what it is that you want to achieve.

Transcoding options can be edited in the corresponding tab in PMS, e.g. open the tab, then click on "MEncoder" to see its specific options. Under the "Help" tab you will find an explanation of each option.

As for the "# Transcoding #" folder, that allows you to handpick the way you want a specific movie to be transcoded. E.g. choose "[FFmpeg]" if you want to see a specific movie transcoded with FFmpeg instead of the default MEncoder.

Does this help?
Raptor399
Project Member

Re: Sony BDV-E380 doesn't transcode

Postby tijsva » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks for your reply!

I figured out that PMS wasn't finding the correct codec so I changed the corresponding name in sony blueray so that it now recognizes my device. Mencoder now works but it seems a bit more laggy than when I use no config. Is there any way to try and improve that with certain values?
tijsva

Return to Alternative Media Renderers