Vizio Smart TV

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Vizio Smart TV

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:11 pm

RoDnSuE wrote:I think it's time to look at getting a PROVEN ... renderer that ps3 media server can see.

For DLNA testing/sanity checking, you can use XBMC. You'll need to restore the builtin XBMC.conf. You should also unset your default (Vizio Smart TV) renderer (or set it to XBMC).
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby jlane628 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:06 am

This may be a basic question but when ps3ms shows unknown renderer, does it use the ps3 conf file? I ask because with the generic profile in use i was able to play avi files at least but no mp4s. When I tried your vizio specific profile, the tv shuts off when i open folders with media inside. I just wanted to see which profile to start my tweaking with.
jlane628

Postby RoDnSuE » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:26 am

OK,

I just chatted with Vizio again. The M3D421SR is DLNA compliant but does not have the ability to connect to an external server. It will accept a USB drive loaded with whatever media you want but cannot access an external storage system beyond that. SAD!!

Thanks,
Rod
RoDnSuE

Postby RoDnSuE » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:48 am

chocolateboy wrote:
RoDnSuE wrote:I think it's time to look at getting a PROVEN ... renderer that ps3 media server can see.

For DLNA testing/sanity checking, you can use XBMC. You'll need to restore the builtin XBMC.conf. You should also unset your default (Vizio Smart TV) renderer (or set it to XBMC).

Thanks Chocolateboy for the link to XBMC, but I really do think this Vizio M3d421SR TV has some kind of restriction on the internet connection to dis-allow streaming from a server.

I think I'm going to have to use an external device to render to one of the HDMI ports on the TV.

Any suggestions for a wireless renderer that PS3MS can see?

Thanks,
Rod
RoDnSuE

Postby jlane628 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:22 am

Ok, so I've been bouncing around trying various things. I am using a M550VSE and have finally had some success with this profile. I have not had time to change entries one by one to see what breaks the process, but I noticed that it sort of worked with a generic profile. I only use other items with profiles, so the generic user agent has not been an issue. The vizio conf file chocolateboy uploaded earlier has the same problem as I'm having on PLEX where the tv turns off whenever I drill down to a folder with media in it. This profile works, but only for me with certain videos. The ones so far I've narrowed down are .avi with MPEG-4(XVID) video and MPEG Audio(MP3) as described by MediaInfo. I would like for now to transcode everything to those specs and could use some assistance in getting there. Thanks for any help and I hope this maybe points someone in the right direction.

Code: Select all
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Profile for Vizio Smart TV.
# See PS3.conf for a description of all possible configuration options.
#

RendererName=Vizio Smart TV
RendererIcon=braviaex.png
UserAgentSearch = IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50

Video = true
Audio = true
Image = true
SeekByTime = true
DLNALocalizationRequired = false
MediaInfo = true
CreateDLNATreeFaster = true
TranscodeVideo = MPEGPSAC3
TranscodeAudio = WAV
# changed vbvbuff size to true since last attempt
DefaultVBVBufSize = true
MuxH264ToMpegTS = true
MuxDTSToMpeg = false
WrapDTSIntoPCM = true
MuxLPCMToMpeg = true
MaxVideoBitrateMbps = 0
MaxVideoWidth = 1920
MaxVideoHeight = 1080
H264Level41Limited = true
TranscodeAudioTo441kHz = false
TranscodeFastStart = true
TranscodedVideoFileSize = -1
MimeTypesChanges = video/avi=video/x-divx
TranscodeExtensions =
StreamExtensions =
ForceJPGThumbnails = false
ChunkedTransfer = false
CustomMencoderQualitySettings =
CustomMencoderOptions =
SubtitleHttpHeader =
AutoExifRotate = true

# [Supported video formats]:
# Here we declare support (or lack) of DTS (here, none of the entries declare
# DTS as a supported audio codec)
Supported = f:mpegps|mpegts    v:mpeg1|mpeg2|mp4|h264    a:ac3|lpcm|aac|mpa        m:video/mpeg
# No H264 for AVI files, plus specific mediainfo attributes, for better auto
# detection. gmc is not supported here.
Supported = f:avi|divx    v:mp4|divx|mjpeg        a:mp3|lpcm|mpa|ac3        m:video/x-divx        gmc:0
Supported = f:mp4    v:mp4|h264        a:ac3|aac        m:video/mp4
# WMV files are supported, but not with 5.1 audio: (hence the n:2)
Supported = f:wmv    v:wmv|vc1        a:wma        n:2        m:video/x-ms-wmv

# [Supported audio formats]:
Supported = f:wav        a:dts|lpcm        n:6        s:48000        m:audio/wav
Supported = f:wav        n:2        s:48000        m:audio/wav
Supported = f:mp3        n:2        m:audio/mpeg
# Apple lossless not supported
Supported = f:aac        n:2        a:(?!alac).+        m:audio/x-m4a
Supported = f:wma        n:2        m:audio/x-ms-wma
Supported = f:atrac      n:2        m:audio/x-oma

# [Supported image formats]
Supported = f:jpg        m:image/jpeg
Supported = f:png        m:image/png
Supported = f:gif        m:image/gif
Supported = f:tiff       m:image/tiff
Last edited by jlane628 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jlane628

Postby jlane628 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:32 am

Ok, so after more experimentation, I'm also able to play MPEG-4 base files with AVC video and AAC audio, but only files so far that are shorter shows. I can play files that are up to 21 m 16 s so far, but video with the same media info that's 46 m does not work. When attempting to play these files, the tv shows "Audio Codec not supported" and "Video codec not supported" even though they are supported for shorter videos. I saw someone on the UMS board http://www.universalmediaserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=487#p2421 that had the same issue and said they got around it, but no mention of how they did that.
jlane628

Postby jlane628 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:27 am

Ok, sorry to keep bumping my own info. Tried longer avi files and they don't seem to be hampered by any time restrictions. Tried transcoding everything to avi, but haven't got the right settings or maybe just haven't gotten it figured out yet.
jlane628

Postby whexican » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:27 am

Did any one make any headway with improving the vizio config file?

I tired out a different conf file and now the network browsing is faster but the I can no longer play mkv files. Thoughts?

This is what I used before which was the stock vizio smarttv conf file that came with version 1.90:
http://pastebin.com/47E4LBGn

This is what I tried now which I found in a post here on the forums:
http://pastebin.com/DAsMycQk
whexican

Postby Jackie1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Bump.
Jackie1

Postby Ranger187 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:24 pm

I'm working on this same issue over on the UMS site. You can follow it here:

http://www.universalmediaserver.com/for ... 8400#p8400

Snip of the current update:

Ok, here is what I've found so far and this is my initial post to get the ball rolling.

I'm going to work with AVI files only until I can get that resolved as that's the main file always played for me.

First I'm starting with: American Dad - S01E01 - Pilot.avi, in UMS it shows as an MPG but on my USB hard drive plugged into the TV it shows as an actual AVI.

When I go to play the file this shows in the debug:

Code: Select all
12-01 08:25:48  Started playing American Dad - S01E01 - Pilot.avi on your Vizio Smart TV
12-01 08:28:33  Stopped playing American Dad - S01E01 - Pilot.avi on your Vizio Smart TV
12-01 08:28:36  Started playing American Dad - S01E01 - Pilot.avi on your Vizio Smart TV
12-01 08:28:44  Buffer read ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException error:
12-01 08:28:44  readCount: "576460752303419392"
12-01 08:28:44  maxMemorySize: "209715200"
12-01 08:31:11  Stopped playing American Dad - S01E01 - Pilot.avi on your Vizio Smart TV
12-01 08:31:13  Started playing American Dad - S01E01 - Pilot.avi on your Vizio Smart TV
12-01 08:34:10  Stopped playing American Dad - S01E01 - Pilot.avi on your Vizio Smart TV
12-01 08:34:13  Started playing American Dad - S01E01 - Pilot.avi on your Vizio Smart TV
12-01 08:36:38  Stopped playing American Dad - S01E01 - Pilot.avi on your Vizio Smart TV

Now if I let the TV sit there while it appears frozen, the file will eventually play after something like 5 minutes.

This is what UMS is doing the second I start to play it:

And this is what UMS is doing after the 5 minutes when it ACTUALLY is playing it:

This is the Media info the for the AVI file:

Java is using nearly 1 gig of memory to stream a 174 meg file before it even starts playing 5 minutes later.
Ranger187

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers