Vizio Smart TV

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Vizio Smart TV

Postby firewater88 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:42 pm

i am beta testing a widget for Vizio tvs through yahoo widgets.the big problem with this one so far is it will only play h.264 encoded files.the other thing is that it has to be served by a web server.From what i understand this is the only way for these tvs to get media.
Is it possible to make ps3ms stream to the web via a port? not sure how or if it could react with ps3ms and the widget,but thought it would be nice to get ALL my media (which is not all in native h.264 format )
CUSTOM WHS SERVER
Supermicro server,Quad core Xeon, 4gb ram

Network: D-Link DGL-4300 Router, (2) D-Link DGS-2208 Switch
Stream HD content using PS3 Media Server to two PS3's
firewater88

Re: Vizio tv with yahoo widget

Postby firewater88 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:45 pm

http://ptvmediaplayer.blogspot.com/
If anyone wants to try it,but i believe you will have to contact the deceloper with your tv code to get the widget loaded.not sure if he is taking in more beta testers or not.
CUSTOM WHS SERVER
Supermicro server,Quad core Xeon, 4gb ram

Network: D-Link DGL-4300 Router, (2) D-Link DGS-2208 Switch
Stream HD content using PS3 Media Server to two PS3's
firewater88

Postby alexn1978 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:36 am

I have a vizio 3d tv with internet apps. I have been looking for a way to stream movies from my pc to the widget apps for a wile now. this is amazing that someone is actually working on a media server for it. when do you think the app will be done. I can't wait to try it out. what are you using to code?
alexn1978

Postby Vizio_E422VLE » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:20 am

[SOLVED - SEE END] PS3 Media Server works well with my Sony Bravia TV, so I tried creating a .conf file for my Vizio E422VLE (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=57942#p57942). Initially the Vizio listed PS3 Media Server as a server, but couldn't find any files, and PS3 Media Server recognized the Vizio as a renderer, but that was it. I created and edited a Vizio conf file and got it to play some files; I think the line that made the difference was inserting "CreateDLNATreeFaster = false" (or changing it from true). But, sometimes the Vizio accesses the wrong file, which never happens on the Bravia. BTW, Vizio says file should be .mov, .avi and .mp4 but I don't know if more detail is needed. OS = WinXP. Any advice would be welcome. [SOLVED: I made a copy of the PS3.conf file in the renderers folder, changing only four things: filename=Vizio_E422VLE.conf, RendererName=Vizio E422VLE TV, RendererIcon=Vizio_E422VLE.png (which I found using Google images and downloaded to the renderers folder), UserAgentSearch = IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 (and no other headers). Because the Vizio sends very little specific information, there may be a risk of misidentification if two similar TVs are used on the same network. As I have only a Bravia and a Vizio, this hasn't been a problem yet. Also, I had a "movies" folder where each movie title had its own subfolder; I suspected the subfolder list might be too long for PS3 Media Server to navigate, so I created an intermediate layer by letter, e.g. \movies\a\Abba; that reduced the number of folders at each level, and everything works fine now. The TV can navigate to the appropriate movie folder, then the #transcode# folder, then the first transcoded entry (title specifies a language, it would probably be ok to select a different transcoded entry, but attempting to play other files that aren't transcoded can cause an apparently endless loop).]
Vizio_E422VLE

Vizio Smart TV profile

Postby rtist2g » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:06 am

Hello. i just replaced my samsung 47 inch tv in the livingroom with the new Vizio 60" E1i-A3 E-series Smart TV. Although i can see the PS3 Media Server and folder list, when i try to play a file i get "codec not supported." I'm assuming all we need is a "profile" (?) for the TV so PS3 Media Server knows how to transcode the files? Any help would be appreciated, so i dont get kicked out for my girlfriend's workout videos not playing ;)
rtist2g

Re: Vizio Smart TV profile

Postby Vizio_E422VLE » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:57 am

[SOLVED - see end] I tried creating a .conf file for my Vizio E422VLE using the instructions linked above (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=57942#p57942). Initially the Vizio listed PS3 Media Server as a server, but couldn't find any files, and PS3 Media Server recognized the Vizio as a renderer, but that was it. I edited my Vizio conf file and got it to play some files; I think the line that made the difference was inserting "CreateDLNATreeFaster = false" (or changing it from true). But, sometimes the Vizio accesses the wrong file, which never happens on my Sony Bravia. Also, sometimes the Vizio gets stuck. BTW, Vizio says file should be .mov, .avi and .mp4 but I don't know if more detail is needed. OS = WinXP. Any advice would be welcome. Perhaps if enough Vizio customers ask Vizio about this, they might write a conf file? [SOLVED: I made a copy of the PS3.conf file in the renderers folder, changing only four things: filename=Vizio_E422VLE.conf, RendererName=Vizio E422VLE TV, RendererIcon=Vizio_E422VLE.png (which I found using Google images and downloaded to the renderers folder), UserAgentSearch = IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 (and no other headers). Because the Vizio sends very little specific information, there may be a risk of misidentification if two similar TVs are used on the same network. As I have only a Bravia and a Vizio, this hasn't been a problem yet. Also, I had a "movies" folder where each movie title had its own subfolder; I suspected the subfolder list might be too long for PS3 Media Server to navigate, so I created an intermediate layer by letter, e.g. \movies\a\Abba; that reduced the number of folders at each level, and everything works fine now. The TV can navigate to the appropriate movie folder, then the #transcode# folder, then the first transcoded entry (title specifies a language, it would probably be ok to select a different transcoded entry, but attempting to play other files that aren't transcoded can cause an apparently endless loop).]
Vizio_E422VLE

Postby Silyn » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:19 am

I just got the 60" myself, I can't seem to get it to work, can somebody make and attach a .conf? It just hangs when I try to play mkvs (though a FEW mp4s have worked), I've tried modding multiple profiles to fit the AgentSearch string without luck.
Silyn

Postby Silyn » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:51 am

I lied. Fixed it :D
I modified the braviaEX config, now I can play anything :]
http://pastebin.com/NUW1QYkk
ENJOY, WALMART SHOPPERS!

Well, it kinda works. It's just super laggy and the TV tries to load videos before you chose them to show a preview and determine duration. Gotta be a way to disable it...
Silyn

Postby jknuts1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Using the posted file, I can get my movies to play. The problem is if I have a long movie... (2hours) waiting for it to first transcode before I can actually play it is a very long process. there has to be a way to "fix" this.

The only thing that has made any difference is

Code: Select all
      TranscodedVideoFileSize = 10000000

but the problem is this limits the size of the video file when I play it. so my 2 hour movie is now only 47 seconds. Does anyone have any thoughts?
jknuts1

Next

Return to Alternative Media Renderers