WDTV Live & PMS

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

WDTV Live & PMS

Postby WannabeMKII » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:24 pm

I've recently purchased a WDTV Live to use as a streamer rather than the PS3 and it's working great.

However, would there be any reason for me to still have / use PMS as I now stream direct from a network share.

Is there anything else PMS can do for me?
WannabeMKII

Re: WDTV Live & PMS

Postby keefy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:07 am

I have one of those devices and it doesnt play every filetype some wmv do not work so I have to transcode them using a media server but the thing is PMS is setup for PS3 so by defaqult transcodes some filetypes such as mkv that the WDTV live can play natively, there is a way to stop this happening but I couclnt figure it out.
keefy

Re: WDTV Live & PMS

Postby leroy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:17 pm

keefy wrote:I have one of those devices and it doesnt play every filetype some wmv do not work so I have to transcode them using a media server but the thing is PMS is setup for PS3 so by defaqult transcodes some filetypes such as mkv that the WDTV live can play natively, there is a way to stop this happening but I couclnt figure it out.

This could probably be solved by editing the "render.conf",
by defining the "Supported lines= " (with "media info = true") instead of using "StreamExtensions= " for the affected file type.
leroy

Return to Alternative Media Renderers