XBOX 360 Can't See files

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

XBOX 360 Can't See files

Postby mtcorey » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:18 pm

My XBOX can see the ps3mediaserver. It can see the folders for example
Media - Video - Movies - Cars

Howerver, it can not see the movie. I have tried a MKV movie and an MP4 movie and the XBOX does not see it.

What am I doing wrong?

My Playstation 3 sees the movies without any issue.
mtcorey

Re: XBOX 360 Can't See files

Postby mtcorey » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Also I have found that it does not see my music collection. However it does see pictures.
mtcorey

Postby mtcorey » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Just about gave up on this server, but continued to look for a solution and finally found it.

I wanted to post solution as I can't believe I am the only one who will run into this.

The solution is you need to make sure you don't check the Hide #Transcode# folder. I checked this box because I did not think I needed it. The PS3 can see the files directly, but for some reason the xbox360 needs this folder and that is where the movie files are.

Now I need to figure why the #Transcode# folder shows multiple versions of the movies in this folder to play. Also need to figure why I am pillar-boxing on xbox360, but not on PS3.

Still can't get music to play via PS3mediaserver on xbox360 as well, but not as concerned about that,
mtcorey

Postby Rickwally » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi, I had the same problem today with my windows phone app and solved it by setting the CreateDLNATreeFaster property to false in the .conf file.
I don't know if it is related but might be worth a try :-)
Rickwally

Return to Alternative Media Renderers