Transcoding subtitles and displaying on an LG M620T TV

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Transcoding subtitles and displaying on an LG M620T TV

Postby grantonstar » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi,

I'm using PMS Linux as a DLNA server for my LG Smart TV (M620T). So far, it's been brilliant except I've been unable to display subtitles. The relevant section of my PMS config is as follows:

Code: Select all
mencoder_disablesubs = false
mencoder_sublangs = eng
forced_sub_lang =
forced_sub_tags = forced
mencoder_audiosublangs =eng
mencoder_subcp = utf-8
mencoder_subfribidi = false
mencoder_font = Ubuntu
alternate_subs_folder =
mencoder_ass =
mencoder_fontconfig = true
mencoder_ass_defaultstyle = true
subs_color = -1
mencoder_ass_scale = 1.0
mencoder_ass_outline = 2
mencoder_ass_shadow = 0
mencoder_ass_margin = 40
mencoder_noass_scale = 3
mencoder_noass_outline = 4
mencoder_noass_blur = 1
mencoder_noass_subpos = 13
autoloadsrt = true
mencoder_vobsub_subtitle_quality = 4
mencoder_overscan_compensation_width = 0
mencoder_overscan_compensation_height = 0

I have tried to play files named movie.avi with a corresponding movie.srt. I can see through the logs that the subtitle file is identified however when I select to play the movie I get

INFO 2012-07-13 20:00:01.225 [StartPlaying Event] renderer: 192.168.1.101, file: /media/usb/test.avi

There is no further information or errors logged and it looks like the video is not being transcoded. My TV defaults to the LG Smart TV Upgrader renderer profile and there is nothing in there specific to subtitles. If this is the issue and I need to force transcoding, can I set one up to force trancoding in subtitles if a subtitle file is found? If so, does anyone have any samples or a renderer profile for the same TV model?

Finally, is there a way to control display on/off of subtitles in LG's Smart Share application on the TV?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
grantonstar

Return to Alternative Media Renderers