Panasonic Viera TX-L42E30E & 1.52.1

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Panasonic Viera TX-L42E30E & 1.52.1

Postby bpka » Sun May 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Hey guys,

Ever since I've updated PMS from 1.50.1 to 1.52.1 I get "File not supported" on my Panasonic TX-L42E30E for certain files.
I'm not using transcoding (since it often crashes when using FFW/REW on this TV, unfortunately) I'm only streaming the files.
I can see the only difference between the files that I'm able to play and the ones I'm not, is how mplayer lists their video part:
VIDEO: [xvid] ---> this one is not working
VIDEO: [XVID] ---> this one is working
(strangely, I've found both types to be recognized by the TV as DivX)

I found that if I revert back to 1.50.1, everything is working again.
(I've tried 1.51.0 and 1.52.0, the issue is there with these as well)

I tried replacing Panasonic.conf with the one provided in 1.50.1, and found that it is working even with rest of the files being from version 1.52.1
So, I started checking the differences, and it turned out that this line is causing the problem:
Supported = f:avi|divx v:mp4|divx|mjpeg a:mp3|lpcm|mpa|ac3 m:video/divx qpel:no gmc:0

Supported = f:avi|divx v:mp4|divx|mjpeg a:mp3|lpcm|mpa|ac3 m:video/x-divx qpel:yes gmc:0

with 1.52.1, the type video/x-divx makes these movies appear as "Not supported", if I change it back to "video/divx", like it is in 1.50.1, it's working again.

I was wondering, what is the reason for the change and (apart from above issue) does it make any difference of having x-divx or just divx ?
bpka

Re: Panasonic Viera TX-L42E30E & 1.52.1

Postby leroy » Mon May 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Hey bpka,

Hope this helps.
By using "qpel:yes" with a "Supported=" line only video WITH qpel/yes will be streamed (not auto transcoded).
This is discussed here.
Most of the avi files do not uses qpel so with "qpel:yes" almost all of the avi files will be transcoded.

I guess the next line will give best result if qpel is native supported.
Code: Select all
Supported = f:avi|divx v:mp4|divx|mjpeg a:mp3|lpcm|mpa|ac3 m:video/divx gmc:0
leroy

Re: Panasonic Viera TX-L42E30E & 1.52.1

Postby bpka » Wed May 23, 2012 9:10 am

Thanks, I've tried removing qpel, it's working now with both files.
Even better, as it doesn't start ffmpeg, so I guess that means there's absolutely no transcoding.
bpka

Return to Alternative Media Renderers