Question about Blu-ray players

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Question about Blu-ray players

Postby SoraTsubasa » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Does this software also stream to Sony Blu-ray players? As that would be useful instead of having to manually plug my laptop into the downstairs TV whenever I want to watch. The model is the BDP S380.
SoraTsubasa

Re: Question about Blu-ray players

Postby lfhlaw » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:12 am

I have a Sony BDP BX-57 that as long as the PS3 media server is running on my Mac, it does locate my Sony Blu-ray Player. I am doing this wirelessly. Looking up your manual for the player, it looks like you may have an earlier version of the Blu-ray player that Sony made. Either way if you're connected wirelessly or wired, I think your player should still locate the PS3 server based on the fact your player does recognize the DLNA protocol. I guess the only way to really find out would be to install and try it out, but i think it should work.

For my set up, I have cable modem and wireless router. My Computer is not wired to my router and neither is my blu-ray player. The only issue i've had is that the rewind and forward buttons (on my blu-ray player) don't work for the media (movies/tv shows) played. It will pause, stop and play and that's about it. Looking through the posts of other alternative media players, the forward/rewind buttons not working seems very common.

Hopefully that helps you out.
Mac OS 10.7.3, Mac Pro, 2.8GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon. Sony BDP BX-57 player.
lfhlaw

Return to Alternative Media Renderers