xbox 360 intermittent stutter

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: xbox 360 intermittent stutter

Postby killmequickr » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:14 pm

do you have a 360 and are speaking from experience?
killmequickr

Postby meskibob » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:14 pm

I can Google (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_h ... Networking) and I know (enough) about networking.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby killmequickr » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:07 pm

so your answer is basically no.. Would be nice if someone who actually owns at 360 could help. Not trying to sound rude but you clearly haven't experienced my specific issue first hand to come up with a workable solution. I do appreciate you trying to help though. :geek:
killmequickr

Postby meskibob » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:23 pm

To be clear, there aren't that many things to look at when things are stuttering, independent of the renderer. However, each case (pc, network, and renderer) are unique and there is no one size fits all, so you are probably not going to get much more from a xbox owner.
Since the PS3 works (assuming you are playing the same media with the same transcode settings) you either need to force specific PMS settings at the renderer level so the xbox gets downscaled, lower all settings, or check the hardware as descibed.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby moondogccr » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:18 am

I have a very similar problem, with what seems like the identical movie for the same reasons.

Although for me, it stutters just a little bit, not enough to completely stop, but just enough to be a bit noticeable. For me, it happens thru the whole movie, but you can watch it if you dont mind it much.

I've tried palying around with the maximum bandwidth setting (lowering it) and watching CPU utlization on the PC, but havent been able to really have an impact on the performance at all.

Also I have been using 1.50, but tried downloading and installing the latest build. However it just stopped working on the XBOX 360, so moved back to 1.50.

I will keep experimenting with different settings and let you know if I find anything useful.
moondogccr

Postby killmequickr » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:01 pm

thanks for posting your issue. I suspect this is a widespread issue not based on any particular hardware but the software.
killmequickr

Postby meskibob » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Maybe I should have asked this before, but what do you mean by stuttering?
The stuttering that is addressed in the FAQ post involves both audio and video stopped together (staying in sync) while the device/PC replenishes the buffer. If only the video stops and the audio keeps going (or vice versa), then we're looking at asynchronous playback, not stuttering.
This sounds more like moondogccr's issue given the wording provided ("not enough to completely stop, but just enough to be a bit noticeable"), but it'd be good to confirm.
As for asynch playback on the 360, that's a much more difficult issue that I can't help with. Sorry :(
meskibob

Previous

Return to Alternative Media Renderers