Media Server to NEW WDLIVE

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Media Server to NEW WDLIVE

Postby monkeytail » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:10 am

I juat got a WDLive and can stream my movie files that are stored on my laptop to my tv ..just great. BUt I watch streaming movies on my laptop while they are still playing and the WDLIVE will not play it.

So I got the PS3 media server , thinking it would send a signal to my wdlive ..from my laptop that is playing the movies.

i CANT FIND THE PS3 MEDIA FILE IN THE WDLIVE, CATEGORIES.

wHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR ON THE WDLIVE ??????

THE PS3 SAYS IT HAS DETECTED THE MEDIA RENDERER ... AND THAT IS MY LAPTOP MOVIE BUT IT WILL NOT SHOWUP ON THE WDLIVE.
monkeytail

Re: Media Server to NEW WDLIVE

Postby keefy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Press the red button to select a "new source" then select "media server"

Adding to this is there anyway I could improve the detection of supported files example is not all wmv files work natively on WDTV so far wmv2 don't work.
keefy

Re: Media Server to NEW WDLIVE

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:49 pm

keefy wrote:Adding to this is there anyway I could improve the detection of supported files example is not all wmv files work natively on WDTV so far wmv2 don't work.

Sure you can.

The current WDTVLive.conf has not yet been modernized to make use of "MediaInfo = true" and the "Supported = " lines. Follow the recipe in the FAQ and create a modernized .conf.
Raptor399
Project Member

Return to Alternative Media Renderers