Samsung Wiselink, OSX, files that play from HDD not server

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Samsung Wiselink, OSX, files that play from HDD not server

Postby ravenlife » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi All,

so i finally got around to installing ps3mediaserver on my mac in order to stream directly to the samsung tv (UE46B7000),

I have a whole load of remuxed mkvs in mp4 format (as the sammy tv doesn't play mkvs natively from an external HDD)

these files work perfectly running straight from the external HDD but will not play (no matter what i have tried) via ps3media server

i get "Not Supported File Format"

I have installed perian (in the hopes that it may help) it does not
I have tried using the same .conf settings found in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8889 (in the hopes that it may help) it does not

if there is something in the settings im missing my apologies, the whole thing is rather confusing :P

the files all have 2channel aac audio with h264 video

unfortunately this pretty much makes ps3mediaserver useless for my needs, any ideas?

cheers in advance

p.s

i am not getting any debug information in the log regarding these files, they just dont work
ravenlife

Re: Samsung Wiselink, OSX, files that play from HDD not serv

Postby ravenlife » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Okay so I figured I'd do a little more digging and hooked up my ps3 to the server and tried the same files.

As expected the files worked fine. So not knowing what was different I copy pasted the entire ps3 conf file contents into my Samsung one (bar the renderer checks) and tried again on the tv.

I was pleased to see that it now plays the video but it won't play the audio "unsupported audio format"

So going to do some closer digging and see if I can figure out which setting does what

Will post back if I get it working
ravenlife

Return to Alternative Media Renderers