Yamaha RX-V671 networked receiver

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Yamaha RX-V671 networked receiver

Postby Afrosheen » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:27 am

Just wanted to throw a note in here for prospective buyers, PS3mediaserver serves audio to this receiver with no problems. It's a nice networked receiver that also handles Shoutcast, Pandora, Rhapsody, etc. and is DLNA compliant. It saw my PC with zero configuration and can browse and playback mp3's. Haven't tried streaming flac or other formats to it yet though.

Anyone with this receiver want to chime in?
Afrosheen

Re: Yamaha RX-V671 networked receiver

Postby ThomasEjsing » Tue May 15, 2012 8:24 am

Hey, I have the same reciver as you, and had trouble seeing pictures and movies through my PC laptop, which sits on a wireless network. I could easily see all the pictures, the files, but they were just gray checked, I could not watch video files, and it is the same even after I installed the media server. in return, I can see and play everything if I turn on my ps3 and watch it this way, but it could be fun, if the amplifier is able to play video files and images directly from my PC to my amp, ie so that I will not have to turn on both the ps3, the portable and amplifier, anyone have a solution for this? i can play mp3 files direct through laptop/amplifyer
ThomasEjsing

Re: Yamaha RX-V671 networked receiver

Postby titan_uk » Fri May 18, 2012 6:02 pm

yup yammy 671 is a great receiver. Thomas you cannot stream video or pictures to 671, just music. In fact nearly all AV receivers won't stream video apart from a few high end ones.
titan_uk

Return to Alternative Media Renderers