Best settings for Panasonic Viera VT20

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Best settings for Panasonic Viera VT20

Postby GDT » Sun May 01, 2011 10:44 am

I've recently bought a Panasonic P46VT20 plasma TV with integrated media server. I'm trying to configure PS3 media server to work correctly with it but I can't stream many files format, like MPEG2 and MKV. As soon as I start them it looks like it start to play but I can see only black screen on my tv and then it returns back to file list. I can stream divx avi.
I can watch them correctly on my PC (Win7 x64 with both java jre x32 and x64 installed, windows7 codecs pack (32 and 64bit) by shark 007 and coreavc).
I've tried a lot of setting and rendering.conf option, and the latest SubJunk build too, switching codec pack to KLite and using or not coreavc.

Can someone with a similar configuration give me some tip to get it working?
GDT

Re: Best settings for Panasonic Viera VT20

Postby ExSport » Sun May 01, 2011 11:10 am

Panasonic is "crap" in codecs/container support so almost all Panasonic TV has same media support.
So search here in forum, there already exists renderer.conf for Panasonic TV.
Only some most recent models support MKV container via USB so you can experiment with already posted renderer.conf file.
Also new firmware updates never added new codecs/container support for Pan TVs so I suppose my config works for majority of Panasonic TVs ;)
ExSport

Postby GDT » Sun May 01, 2011 12:59 pm

I've used Panasonic.conf founded around the forum, mkv via USB also works but it doesn't with PS3MediaServer streaming.
My tv firmware is the latest available, also.
I tried with wmp media server and I can read more (but not all) file formats.
GDT

Postby ExSport » Sun May 01, 2011 5:10 pm

If you have problems, what about to post renderer.conf, debug.log and mediainfo? ;)
Describing things like....it doesn't work without any deeper info is not helpful and nobody will help you without it. Check threads like "Before you ask,....." somewhere here in forum.
ExSport

Postby GDT » Mon May 02, 2011 8:42 am

You're right... ;) I'll post my data tonight. Thanks-
GDT

Return to Alternative Media Renderers