LGTV LV5500 vob Aspect Wrong and Not fullscreen

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

LGTV LV5500 vob Aspect Wrong and Not fullscreen

Postby throck » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:15 pm

ARRRRGHHHH!!!

I am losing my mind with DVD (vob) files, PS3mediaserver, DLNA and LGTV. The problem is all DVD's, no matter what inherent resolution, is always displayed with vertical bars and some of those with horizontal bars. The LGTV has normal and fullscreen options to which does not help. I would just like all DVD (vob) files to display fullscreen though DLNA on my brand spanking new LGTV LV5500. LG's response is the problem rests in DLNA. Playing the same files on USB works fine so that tells me it could be the TV. Is there any resolution with PS3mediaserver, without transcoding or re-encoding the vob files?

Thanks,
Throck
throck

Re:(Solved) LGTV LV5500 vob Aspect Wrong and Not fullscreen

Postby throck » Tue May 03, 2011 7:03 pm

I have finally won this battle. If anyone has this TV and is interested then post your request.
throck

Re: LGTV LV5500 vob Aspect Wrong and Not fullscreen

Postby dannat » Mon May 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi throck, have you managed to play an Mkv containing dts audio - I cannot figure out how to get it to convert to ac3. If you have could you paste your .conf file please?
dannat

Postby throck » Wed May 11, 2011 7:29 pm

All .conf files are defaulted. The renderer file thats being used is WDTVlive. I have not had any problems with the mkv files that have been downoladerd for testing. I have used dvdfab to back up DVD vob files to 1.5 tb USB hardrive. Then I use Handbrake to convert all DVD vob files to one mp4 (containing H.264 and ac3). I have not had any hiccups this way. LG TV specifically states that mkv is supported. What software are you using to convert?
throck

Postby dannat » Wed May 11, 2011 9:22 pm

The problem is when the sound on the Mkv is dts - this is not supported by lg, and I am so far unable to transcode to ac3 - or anything else for that matter.
dannat

Postby throck » Wed May 11, 2011 11:54 pm

I have tried transcoding via PMS without success. Its almost like LG knows its not the original. Even getting LG to accept encoding files before PMS is touchy. I found that encoding movies to MKV with H264 and AC3 or MP4 with H264 and AC3 has worked best before PMS. The quality is better and streaming on lossless setting never stutters.
throck

Return to Alternative Media Renderers