Samsung AllShare uPnP/DLNA

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Samsung AllShare uPnP/DLNA

Postby MrNike » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Yes i did think the same. I did shut down PMS. Perhaps the tv needs shutting down too!
MrNike

Postby kalivas » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:34 am

So nobody has resolved the issue of transcoding on the 2012 Samsungs using PS3MS? It seems like there isn't a solution out there currently, every reply I've read with a similar problem describe the same issue (black screen for about a minute, does not play)

If anybody has managed to fix this it would be appreciated if you could share your solution, thanks!
kalivas

Postby ginjaninjanick » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:19 am

kalivas wrote:So nobody has resolved the issue of transcoding on the 2012 Samsungs using PS3MS? It seems like there isn't a solution out there currently, every reply I've read with a similar problem describe the same issue (black screen for about a minute, does not play)

If anybody has managed to fix this it would be appreciated if you could share your solution, thanks!

my solution is to not transcode anything.
ginjaninjanick

Postby Nambit » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:24 pm

kalivas wrote:So nobody has resolved the issue of transcoding on the 2012 Samsungs using PS3MS? It seems like there isn't a solution out there currently, every reply I've read with a similar problem describe the same issue (black screen for about a minute, does not play)

I've supplied a debug/trace earlier in the thread... awaiting to see what they say.
Nambit

Postby harrytheangel » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:20 am

Nambit wrote:

I've supplied a debug/trace earlier in the thread... awaiting to see what they say.

Hello all

Does someone have some idea how to resolve that problem ? I experience the same issue, no transcoding, black screen for around 30 seconds, buffer -95 xxx MB and disconnect. TV Samsung (new one - 2012, bought few days ago), model UE46EH5300. I should mention that streaming works fine without transcoding .
I attach my debug, renderers conf file and PMS.conf

Cheers and thanks in advance.

PMS.conf
Code: Select all
thumbnails = true
image_thumbnails = true
alternativeffmpegpath = D:\\Programy\\ps3_media_server_172\\win32\\dvrms\\ffmpeg_MPGMUX.exe
mencoder_ass = false
mencoder_fontconfig = true
mencoder_ass_defaultstyle = true
uuid = 32064709-eac0-3b41-a50c-f63fbb71ddb7
folders = E:\\stuff\\filmy
mencoder_subcp = cp1250
http_engine_v2 = true

renderers conf
Code: Select all
# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Samsung Allshare
#http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8889&start=0
#Conf: Version 1.4.0

RendererName=Samsung AllShare
RendererIcon=samsung.png
UserAgentSearch=UE46EH5300
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(\w{3}_\w{3}_\w{2}-\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{4}/\d.\d)|(\w{3}_\w{3}_\[\w{2}\]-\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{4}/\d.\d)|(\w{3}_\w{3}_\w{2}-\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{3}/\d.\d)|(\w{3}_\w{3}_\[\w{2}\]-\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{3}/\d.\d)
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=false
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=PCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=true
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=true
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=25
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16|video/x-matroska=video/avi|video/x-flv=video/mp4|audio/mp3=audio/L16|video/mp4=video/mpeg
TranscodeExtensions=flv,wav
StreamExtensions=mkv,mp3,mp4,avi,mov
Attachments
debug.zip
(13.5 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
harrytheangel

Postby Nambit » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:33 am

harrytheangel wrote:Does someone have some idea how to resolve that problem ? I experience the same issue, no transcoding, black screen for around 30 seconds, buffer -95 xxx MB and disconnect. TV Samsung (new one - 2012, bought few days ago), model UE46EH5300. I should mention that streaming works fine without transcoding .
I attach my debug, renderers conf file and PMS.conf

Dunno what's going on. Not sure if it's the TV itself or PMS. I'm on the brink of giving up.
Nambit

Problem with Samsung DLNA

Postby renjii » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:00 am

Hi first of all thanks for creating such wonderful software for PS3

I've a SamsungSmart TV ( UA40D6600 support DLNA and allshare ) and all the movies work fine if i play the movie through PS3.

However, if i tried to play the movie directly without going through PS3 i found that all the external subtitles are missing in this case. At the same time i also found that it didnt actually encode the movie through PS3MS as the transcoding buffer is empty. I think the TV render the movie through their encoding instead of using the PS3MS encoding and causes the subtitles not to show up.

Is there a way to fix this ?

Thanks
renjii

Postby dmitche3 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:17 am

Wow. I can't believe that transcoding doesn't work on Samsungs. I have two 2012 models and all I get is a black screen as the program says that it is encoding but nothing is being send over the network. :( All I see are the normal network messages.

BTW. There is no mention of supporting the E series Samsungs, 2011 and 2012 models. Is the list at the beginning of this index old and not updated or ??
dmitche3

Postby Spuggy68 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:13 pm

In regards to DTS and Samsung TV's... on mine for some reason the default is not Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS, when the movies start to play, I have to press the TOOLS button, and then go to sound setting. Once there, there is an option from changing from LPCM to what ever the audio that has been encoded in the file to play. On my Receiver it will show up DTS / Dolby Digital. Once I have changed it from LPCM to Dolby Digital or DTS then for the remainder of time I watch something it automatically sends the audio to the receiver. When I turn my TV off and use it later, I have do it again. My thinking is that the TV only normally outputs to the built-in speakers as LPCM, and it is converting the audio for the TV; there is no setting to tell it to always output through the SPDIF in DD or DTS.
Spuggy68

Postby dmitche3 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:00 am

rTn wrote:Hi there,

I recently bought the new Samsung ES8000, wich has the DLNA support (Allshare).
After a little search trough the internet, i was recommeded to install PS3 Media server on my laptop so i could stream my movies to my TV.
I installed the latest version from the PS3 Media server software. Everything is going well so far...
The software detects my tv, on my tv i can see all my movie maps and it can play .avi, .mkv files.

So that's pretty good. The only thing that isn't working are the subtitles. In all my movie maps are .srt files included that carries the same name as the .mkv or .avi file.
When i play them on my pc with VLC it plays the subtitles but when i start the movie on my samsung tv using the streaming software it won't play subtitles.
In some of the .mkv's i got, english subtitles are included. So the play the english subtitles. i recently discoverd that i need to extract those subtitles out of the .mkv
So that problem is also solved.

Then their is only one problem to solve and that the one of the .srt files that won't work. i'm using the latest config file from the first post.
Can someone give me advice?

Can't help but a question? Doesn't your ES play the MKV subtitles? It should via PMS. Start playing the file and select "Info" on your remote. You should be able to toggle between the various subtitles and audio channels. I have an ES6500 and it works fine. No need to remove subtitles from MKV. Actually, I'm reencoding everything in MKV because it is the best packaging out there for playing subtitles. :)
dmitche3

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers