Latest SVN build discussion

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: Latest SVN build discussion

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:24 am

MKUltra wrote:I tried to build PMS from github but it fails to build because of a connection error to get the plugins from JGoodies. Is there another alternative get the various files that are needed to build PMS from github or do I have to wait until the JGoodies site is back up? :?:

I removed the libraries from my local repository and ran the install commands; looks like the JGoodies site is up again.
Raptor399
Project Member
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Latest SVN build discussion

Postby MKUltra » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Raptor399 wrote:
MKUltra wrote:I tried to build PMS from github but it fails to build because of a connection error to get the plugins from JGoodies. Is there another alternative get the various files that are needed to build PMS from github or do I have to wait until the JGoodies site is back up? :?:

I removed the libraries from my local repository and ran the install commands; looks like the JGoodies site is up again.


No luck for me.

Code: Select all
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time: 1:17.141s
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Jan 07 12:50:00 EST 2012
[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/81M
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.savage7.maven.plugins:maven-external-dependency-plugin:0.4:resolve-external (default-cli) on project pms: Operation timed out -> [Help 1]
Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM OS 10.7.2/Airport Extreme Basestation (Early 2009) Wireless N/PS3-Fatboy 40GB/1Gibps via Cat 6 LAN connection w/ Airport Extreme/PS3 connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-3808CI
MKUltra
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Latest SVN build discussion

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:52 pm

Strange... I tried again, and it still works here:

Code: Select all
> mvn com.savage7.maven.plugins:maven-external-dependency-plugin:resolve-external
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building PS3 Media Server 1.50.1-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-external-dependency-plugin:0.4:resolve-external (default-cli) @ pms ---
[INFO] starting to resolve external dependencies
[INFO] attempting to resolve external artifact: com.jgoodies:common:1.2.1:jar
Downloading: http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/jgoodies/common/1.2.1/common-1.2.1.jar
Downloading: https://google-gson.googlecode.com/svn/mavenrepo/com/jgoodies/common/1.2.1/common-1.2.1.jar
Downloading: https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/com/jgoodies/common/1.2.1/common-1.2.1.jar
Downloading: http://ooo-maven.googlecode.com/hg/repository/com/jgoodies/common/1.2.1/common-1.2.1.jar
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/jgoodies/common/1.2.1/common-1.2.1.jar
[INFO] downloading artifact from URL: http://www.jgoodies.com/download/libraries/common/jgoodies-common-1_2_1.zip
[INFO] verifying checksum on downloaded file: CKSM=5a4cf9866a7339e64e52f46101b5b13fe50b9c80
[INFO] testing for MD5 checksum on artifact: com.jgoodies:common:1.2.1:jar
[INFO] verification failed on MD5 checksum for file: /private/var/folders/22/mk15r87109qf3h56sxm74ptr0000gn/T/common-1.2.1.jar1530806654267538359.tmp
[INFO] testing for SHA1 checksum on artifact: com.jgoodies:common:1.2.1:jar
[INFO] verification passed on SHA1 checksum for artifact: com.jgoodies:common:1.2.1:jar
[INFO] extracting target file from downloaded compressed file: jgoodies-common-1.2.1/jgoodies-common-1.2.1.jar
...etc.

Something with your network connection perhaps?
Raptor399
Project Member
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Latest SVN build discussion

Postby MKUltra » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:05 am

I can access the JGoodies site via 3G phone so must be my network connection. Anybody else have this issue?
Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM OS 10.7.2/Airport Extreme Basestation (Early 2009) Wireless N/PS3-Fatboy 40GB/1Gibps via Cat 6 LAN connection w/ Airport Extreme/PS3 connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-3808CI
MKUltra
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Latest SVN build discussion

Postby MKUltra » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:37 am

Raptor399 wrote:Strange... I tried again, and it still works here:

Code: Select all
> mvn com.savage7.maven.plugins:maven-external-dependency-plugin:resolve-external
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building PS3 Media Server 1.50.1-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-external-dependency-plugin:0.4:resolve-external (default-cli) @ pms ---
[INFO] starting to resolve external dependencies
[INFO] attempting to resolve external artifact: com.jgoodies:common:1.2.1:jar
Downloading: http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/jgoodies/common/1.2.1/common-1.2.1.jar
Downloading: https://google-gson.googlecode.com/svn/mavenrepo/com/jgoodies/common/1.2.1/common-1.2.1.jar
Downloading: https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/com/jgoodies/common/1.2.1/common-1.2.1.jar
Downloading: http://ooo-maven.googlecode.com/hg/repository/com/jgoodies/common/1.2.1/common-1.2.1.jar
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/jgoodies/common/1.2.1/common-1.2.1.jar
[INFO] downloading artifact from URL: http://www.jgoodies.com/download/libraries/common/jgoodies-common-1_2_1.zip
[INFO] verifying checksum on downloaded file: CKSM=5a4cf9866a7339e64e52f46101b5b13fe50b9c80
[INFO] testing for MD5 checksum on artifact: com.jgoodies:common:1.2.1:jar
[INFO] verification failed on MD5 checksum for file: /private/var/folders/22/mk15r87109qf3h56sxm74ptr0000gn/T/common-1.2.1.jar1530806654267538359.tmp
[INFO] testing for SHA1 checksum on artifact: com.jgoodies:common:1.2.1:jar
[INFO] verification passed on SHA1 checksum for artifact: com.jgoodies:common:1.2.1:jar
[INFO] extracting target file from downloaded compressed file: jgoodies-common-1.2.1/jgoodies-common-1.2.1.jar
...etc.

Something with your network connection perhaps?



still trying to figure this out...jgoodies is an ipv6 site, so no issues trying to access their web page after setting up ipv6 but i still get the time out message... :?:
Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM OS 10.7.2/Airport Extreme Basestation (Early 2009) Wireless N/PS3-Fatboy 40GB/1Gibps via Cat 6 LAN connection w/ Airport Extreme/PS3 connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-3808CI
MKUltra
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Latest SVN build discussion

Postby Raptor399 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:17 am

The pom.xml hasn't changed in a long time. The bits considering retrieving and installing jgoodies are exactly as they were almost two months ago.

So if it worked before, it should still work today (from a code perspective).

Is there anything that changed on your network setup between the last time it worked and now?
Firewall rules, new router, ...?

Also, because it worked before the external dependencies should already exist in your local repository. So unless you deleted them from your local repository, you do not have to run the resolve-external and install-external commands at all!
Simply run "mvn package" to build PMS.
Raptor399
Project Member
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Latest SVN build discussion

Postby MKUltra » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:36 pm

Raptor399 wrote:The pom.xml hasn't changed in a long time. The bits considering retrieving and installing jgoodies are exactly as they were almost two months ago.

So if it worked before, it should still work today (from a code perspective).

Is there anything that changed on your network setup between the last time it worked and now?
Firewall rules, new router, ...?

Also, because it worked before the external dependencies should already exist in your local repository. So unless you deleted them from your local repository, you do not have to run the resolve-external and install-external commands at all!
Simply run "mvn package" to build PMS.


This is the first time I am trying build using maven and it's driving me nuts :cry: . Does it make a difference that I am using the July 2011 build of XCode 4.1?
Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM OS 10.7.2/Airport Extreme Basestation (Early 2009) Wireless N/PS3-Fatboy 40GB/1Gibps via Cat 6 LAN connection w/ Airport Extreme/PS3 connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-3808CI
MKUltra
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Latest SVN build discussion

Postby Raptor399 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:47 pm

MKUltra wrote:This is the first time I am trying build using maven and it's driving me nuts :cry: . Does it make a difference that I am using the July 2011 build of XCode 4.1?

Dunno about that, I have XCode 4.1 installed as well.

If running the external-resolve and external-install goals doesn't work, you can skip the procedure and install the files manually:

Code: Select all
curl -O http://www.jgoodies.com/download/libraries/common/jgoodies-common-1_2_1.zip
unzip jgoodies-common-1_2_1.zip jgoodies-common-1.2.1/jgoodies-common-1.2.1.jar
mvn install:install-file -Dfile=jgoodies-common-1.2.1/jgoodies-common-1.2.1.jar \
   -DgroupId=com.jgoodies -DartifactId=common -Dversion=1.2.1 -Dpackaging=jar

curl -O http://www.jgoodies.com/download/libraries/forms/jgoodies-forms-1_4_2.zip
unzip jgoodies-forms-1_4_2.zip jgoodies-forms-1.4.2/jgoodies-forms-1.4.2.jar
mvn install:install-file -Dfile=jgoodies-forms-1.4.2/jgoodies-forms-1.4.2.jar \
   -DgroupId=com.jgoodies -DartifactId=forms -Dversion=1.4.2 -Dpackaging=jar

curl -O http://www.jgoodies.com/download/libraries/looks/jgoodies-looks-2_4_2.zip
unzip jgoodies-looks-2_4_2.zip jgoodies-looks-2.4.2/jgoodies-looks-2.4.2.jar
mvn install:install-file -Dfile=jgoodies-looks-2.4.2/jgoodies-looks-2.4.2.jar \
   -DgroupId=com.jgoodies -DartifactId=looks -Dversion=2.4.2 -Dpackaging=jar


Hope that helps! :-)
Raptor399
Project Member
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Latest SVN build discussion

Postby MKUltra » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:26 am

Raptor399 wrote:
MKUltra wrote:This is the first time I am trying build using maven and it's driving me nuts :cry: . Does it make a difference that I am using the July 2011 build of XCode 4.1?

Dunno about that, I have XCode 4.1 installed as well.



Thanks I will give this a try. Where should the jgoodies files be saved before maven does the installation?
Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM OS 10.7.2/Airport Extreme Basestation (Early 2009) Wireless N/PS3-Fatboy 40GB/1Gibps via Cat 6 LAN connection w/ Airport Extreme/PS3 connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-3808CI
MKUltra
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Latest SVN build discussion

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:21 am

MKUltra wrote:Where should the jgoodies files be saved before maven does the installation?

Short answer: you don't have to know. ;-)
The commands above will take care of everything.


Long answer: Maven uses a local repository to store dependencies. By default it will use "~/.m2/repository" for downloading and storing all required files. Look inside that directory, and you will find quite a few directories a being created during the build process. You can manually put files in there, but you will have to stick with the naming conventions Maven uses, or it will not be able to detect files. This means you will have to know the groupId, artifactId and packaging of every file you want to place, and create directories and files accordingly. The commands above will take care of installing the required jgoodies files correctly for you. No need to touch any directories.
Raptor399
Project Member
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:06 am

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests