remezen wrote:1. When querying TMDb, why don't you get Cast (actors)?
2. If we don't query TMDb, can we still have some regexp for cleaning movie name?
3. Are you planning to let users check movies as watched in Library tab (I can see checkboxes there, but they're disabled).
4. Can we have some kind of external text-file for configuring user-defined scrapers?
5. Maybe I missed it - how is the library refreshed? Only manually? Are you going to implement FileSystemWatcher?
1) There are two reasons, the primary, I'm not interested in them :p The second is to speed up and simplify the sql query to avoid a supplementary joins. I'll think about adding it, as now there's a request for it
2) Currently not but I'll add it
3) Yep, that's planned. It won't be a check box, but you'll be able to set the view counter which is attached to all file types
4) I've been thinking about a system to integrate scrapers. It probably won't be a text file, but an additional plugin system. In the end I'd like to have an option in the gui, where for each field (movie name, thumbnail ...) you could have a set of scrapers that could be prioritized. E.g. get the plot summery from imdb, the cover art from tmdb and if it hasn't any from imdb. This will take quite some time to be implemented though.
5) You haven't missed it, it's there but hidden (it's actually for this that the managed folders have been added). I haven't found a good file watcher library working for all operating systems yet. Please tell me if you know any. A file watcher will be integrated into java 1.7 (http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutor ... ation.html
), but who knows when this will be ready!?