pms-mlx (2014-09-24 v1.1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx <- media library extension (10.03.11 v0.3 [beta]

Postby taconaut » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:07 am

Funny :) I must admit I'm not using this feature as I rename the files directly in the file system.
I had forgotten about the changes for the used folders (sorry about that). Why it would not use the first two lines is currently a mistery to me, but I'll test it. If you're interested in how it is being done, it's the getCleanName method in the FileInfoHelper class.
Is the format of your text file utf8?
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby remezen » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:17 am

Yes, it's UTF-8 - found it experimentally)

And I have some questions:
1. When querying TMDb, why don't you get Cast (actors)?
2. If we don't query TMDb, can we still have some regexp for cleaning movie name?
3. Are you planning to let users check movies as watched in Library tab (I can see checkboxes there, but they're disabled).
4. Can we have some kind of external text-file for configuring user-defined scrapers?
5. Maybe I missed it - how is the library refreshed? Only manually? Are you going to implement FileSystemWatcher?
remezen

Postby taconaut » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:29 am

remezen wrote:1. When querying TMDb, why don't you get Cast (actors)?
2. If we don't query TMDb, can we still have some regexp for cleaning movie name?
3. Are you planning to let users check movies as watched in Library tab (I can see checkboxes there, but they're disabled).
4. Can we have some kind of external text-file for configuring user-defined scrapers?
5. Maybe I missed it - how is the library refreshed? Only manually? Are you going to implement FileSystemWatcher?

1) There are two reasons, the primary, I'm not interested in them :p The second is to speed up and simplify the sql query to avoid a supplementary joins. I'll think about adding it, as now there's a request for it
2) Currently not but I'll add it
3) Yep, that's planned. It won't be a check box, but you'll be able to set the view counter which is attached to all file types
4) I've been thinking about a system to integrate scrapers. It probably won't be a text file, but an additional plugin system. In the end I'd like to have an option in the gui, where for each field (movie name, thumbnail ...) you could have a set of scrapers that could be prioritized. E.g. get the plot summery from imdb, the cover art from tmdb and if it hasn't any from imdb. This will take quite some time to be implemented though.
5) You haven't missed it, it's there but hidden (it's actually for this that the managed folders have been added). I haven't found a good file watcher library working for all operating systems yet. Please tell me if you know any. A file watcher will be integrated into java 1.7 (http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutor ... ation.html), but who knows when this will be ready!?
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Re: pms-mlx [beta] <- media library extension

Postby remezen » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:41 pm

taconaut wrote:... for now there's nothing at all (besides editing the database itself).

Could you please give me a clue of how to edit a database & where to find it?
remezen

Postby taconaut » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Going to link you back to some older posts ;)
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9775&start=30#p45029
The used db is h2 1.3.146

Editing the entries in the library view is the next thing I'd like to implement. With the sunny weather and the pita some swing components can be I haven't touched the code for some weeks now..
taconaut
Project Member

Postby killa339 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:09 am

Hopefully when you get back into the coding swing you'll bring in the latest changes (build 544 as of right now) from the main PMS branch. :D

Thanks again for all your hard work. Like I said before, I'm loving this plugin!
killa339

Postby taconaut » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:33 am

I'll definitely update the code for the next release.
Thanks for the heads up, it's always nice to hear it's useful to others :) Btw all in all it has been download 845 times now
taconaut
Project Member

Postby remezen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:17 am

Hello taconaut!
Thanks for great job!
And again I have 1 question:
1)So once again - the only way to update library is to go to PC and push "scan" near every managed folder, isn't it?
2)http://192.168.1.245:5001/console/scan doesn't update you library, can we make it work?
remezen

Postby taconaut » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:37 am

1) Yes, the scan has to be launched manually. You've got two ways to start it; either through the GUI on the machine itself, or the tiny web service read here.
I'll add an automatic update mechanism when I find a way to be notified by the system (my server runs on a win7 machine now) rather than having to use a polling mechanism. As I've got some external HDs connected through usb which are usually in sleep mode when not in use, I don't want to have a polling cycle waking them up regularly.

2) I don't want to touch the current web page. I've got another project in the works though pms-remote. This project consists of a web service exposing all the configured parameters for the original pms as a plugin (working), a java client to access the web service having been auto generated using wsimport (working) and the same GUI as the original pms (not working).
In the end I'd like to have all functionality of pms (and for the future pms-mlx) exposed through web services, where anyone having the time and ability could create a gui for it. I hope someone will pick up the idea and create a nice ajax web interface having all the features of the java client. It probably won't be me, as the web isn't really my world, but who knows!?
taconaut
Project Member

Postby remezen » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:08 pm

Well, it took me a while to cope with SOAP :)

First of all, sopUI is too large - 110MB!!! And, people, you don't need it - if you need a front-end for SOAP get STORM instead http://storm.codeplex.com - 1,5Mb.
But what I needed was something I could use in command-line environment, and I found it - http://curl.haxx.se!
In the upload you will find a directory with 5 files:
ALL FILES HAVE TO BE IN THE SAME DIRECTORY.
    curl.exe - the cURL itself
    SOAP_ADDRESS.txt - you have to edit it to set you address, mine is http://192.168.1.245:54423/PmsLibrary?wsdl
    cleanLibrary.cmd - cleans your library
    resetLibrary.cmd - resets your library
    scanFolder.cmd - allows you to scan folder, requires 3 parameters: FOLDER,scanSubFolders,tmdbEnabled
    Code: Select all
    scanFolder.cmd "D:\My Movies",true,false

You can use them in utorrent (Options - Preferences - Advanced - Run this Program when a torrent finishes - D:\!DISTR\pms-mlx_soap\scanFolder.cmd "%D",false,false)
You can get Directory Monitor http://www.deventerprise.net/Projects.aspx - it can watch for directory changes and run program (e.g. scanFolder.cmd) when something changed.
You can also use windows scheduler a so on...
Attachments
pms-mlx_soap.rar
(200.9 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Last edited by remezen on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.
remezen

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds