pms-mlx (13-12-04 v1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx <- media library extension (10.03.11 v0.3 [beta]

Postby taconaut » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:13 am

Ah! I didn't get it was to avoid the single instance limitation
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Matthew » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:58 pm

Good Day

I've been using ps3 media server for awhile and really enjoy it's ease of use.

I just recently found this forum and have been reading through some of the threads so please excuse this n00b question.

Is pms-mlx a replacement for ps3 media server (i.e. uninstall ps3 media server and install this version), or an add-on that works with it? I read through the posts but could not figure it out on my own.

Cheers,

Matthew
Matthew

Postby taconaut » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi Matthew,
Pms-mlx is a replacement if you want to call it that; it's pms (with all its existing features) + the media library functionality that has been built on top of it, as the existing plugin system didn't allow to 1) add a tab where you can configure it (a separate popup dialog would have been possible) and 2) folders could only be added to the existing tree structure but I wanted to redefine the entire tree.
There are good chances pms-mlx will become part of pms at some point when it's 'finished'.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Matthew » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks for the reply, I installed it last night and checked it out.

It seems pretty good, but I had issues due to my large volume of files, I still need folder hierarchies to apply even through a filter or I end up getting the dlna error when there are to many results.

I had to re-install the standard version unfortunatly.

Cheers,

Marcus
Matthew

Postby taconaut » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:39 pm

What was the trouble? You can limit the files showing up either by setting conditions that have to be met and if you want to limit the number of files to a max, a 'maximum number of files' value can be set for each folder.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Matthew » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:12 am

On my PC I have a folder for movies, and one for tv shows, then sub-folders within those.

So what would be nice for me would be to have the movie folder on the ps3, then go into that folder and have filters like all, a-z, and genre, but only for the movies in that folder as opposed to all my video content.

And then have the tv show folder work based on folder hierarchy and genre by folder as opposed to by the file, as the all function produces over a thousand entries.

So the ideal combination for me would use the folder structure on my PC along with filters, which I could not seem to figure out how to do with the -mlx version

Kind of a mixed bag, which is why I just organized them by folders on my PC that I can browse through on the ps3.

Cheers,

Matthew
Matthew

Postby taconaut » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Can do :) if you want to only show content coming from one folder you can set a condition 'folder path is ...' or if you want to also consider child folders 'folder path starts with ...'.
I'm using it in a similar way. All video files have been added to the library. Then there's a folder where conditions are set to not show tv series (file path does not start with ...) and a file system folder showing the tv series as the original pms would.
Sometimes it can be a pain to figure out the conditions you want to use but I haven't encountered any case which couldn't be expressed by conditions for now.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby remezen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Hello!

Can't get filename_replace_expressions.txt to work - do I name ot correctly? Do I place it in "C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server"?
remezen

Postby taconaut » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:35 am

Hi there,
Yes, it seems you are using it correctly.
Lets first check if the expression you're using does what it should. If you use this regular expression tester and enter the first line you've added to the filename_replace_expressions.txt in the regexp field, the second line (replacement) in the replacement text field and a file name that should be cleaned in the 'subject string' field and click replace, does it clean up the file name?
taconaut
Project Member

Postby remezen » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:47 am

Yes, i figured it out...
First, this file works ONLY if placed in C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\PMS.
Second, regexp work only starting from line 3, like this
Code: Select all
empty line
empty line
[^·]+ · (\d+) \([^)]+\) ([^·]+) .+
$2 ($1)

I use this expression, because my filename is "Moviename in Russian · Year (Main Actors) · Original Name · RipTypeAndResolution"
It's strange, but in the end it works ;)
Last edited by remezen on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
remezen

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds