pms-mlx (13-12-04 v1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx [beta] <- media library extension

Postby WorldOfHurt » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Wow. That's quick work - I only downloaded the trunk last night, and by this afternoon the webservice plugin has all changed...

Busy busy :)
WorldOfHurt

Postby lot2smile4 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Woot!... I (kinda) have success with the new build :D

Thanks for pushing forward the headless mode, that seems to be working ok now... at least it launches, and it seems to be listening successfully too! I can see folders on the TV (looking real good too!), but all the folders are empty at the moment. That is because (here comes the snag) I can't get to the web interface to start the scan, etc.

I have gone to the address http://192.168.1.77:54423/PmsLibrary?wsdl which is the IP address of my server, and it returns XML code (kinda good thing! at least that seems to be working). I have downloaded the soapUI that you had a link to... but I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do. I created a new project, pointed it at the url previously mentioned, and ummm.. ticked some boxes lol... it did see the functions, but I don't know how to use them.

If you can get me over this hurdle I would greatly appreciate it, as this looks like the interface I would have made if I could have :D

Thanks again for your help!

P.S: I have just looked at the rolling log, and it appears that my Samsung is not being detected for some reason... I will look into it a bit further before saying this is a problem :)

edit: just to let you know, that I have had a 'play' with requests with the services soapUI finds (cleanLibrary, resetLibrary and scanFolder) and the first two do get a response, but the third doesn't. I get the following line in the debug.log:
Code: Select all
2011-02-10 21:12:31,093 INFO  [ServiceBase] Sucessfully bound enpoint: http://192.168.1.77:54423/PmsConfiguration
2011-02-10 21:12:31,139 INFO  [ServiceBase] Sucessfully bound enpoint: http://192.168.1.77:54423/PmsLibrary

but trying either of these addresses in a web browser gives the following error:
Web Services

No JAX-WS context information available.

I shall keep my fingers crossed for an easy fix (I am thinking the problem is PIBCAK...)

Thanks again for your help.

Further edit:
sorry for the long post but... I have more of a fiddle about with the soap requests, and I think that I am starting to get my head around the request thingy...

If I send the following request:
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:lib="http://ps3mediaserver.org/library">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <lib:scanFolder>
         <!--Optional:-->
         <folderPath>/shared/USB/Films/</folderPath>
         <scanSubFolders>Y</scanSubFolders>
         <scanVideo>Y</scanVideo>
         <tmdbEnabled>Y</tmdbEnabled>
         <scanAudio>N</scanAudio>
         <scanPictures>Y</scanPictures>
      </lib:scanFolder>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

to http://192.168.1.77:54423/PmsLibrary I get
<S:Envelope xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <S:Body>
      <ns2:scanFolderResponse xmlns:ns2="http://ps3mediaserver.org/library"/>
   </S:Body>
</S:Envelope>

as a response, and I see the following from debug.log
2011-02-10 22:17:35,509 INFO  [FileScanner] Couldn't read /shared/USB/Films/test.cmd

which is a file on the drive I am trying to scan... so kind of success... woohoo! :D Only trouble is, there is a whoooole bunch of other files on there, and it doesn't seem to be picking these up, and I see no hdd activity :( Perhaps I am not formatting the request right or something...

if you can shed a little more light on this I would appreciate it... for now, I think I am going to leave this before I find something else more and make this post any longer!! :D

Thanks for your help again
Running SUSE 11.3 from the PMServ distro
Updated PMS to SVN version 413 (although at the moment trialling pms-mlx)
Running Java 1.6.0 b20 (latest for SUSE that I can find!)
Rendering on PS3 or Samsung 40C7000
lot2smile4

Postby taconaut » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:33 am

WorldOfHurt wrote:Busy busy :)

I don't like having NullPointers thrown at me in the first post after a fresh release :p The next releases won't probably be as tight, but here I've missed some basic stuff

lot2smile4 wrote:Woot!... I (kinda) have success with the new build :D

Looking good! The only thing that isn't correct are the Y/N in your query. You have to set 0=false, 1=true. It seems both Y/N you have set are being interpreted as 'don't import any audio, video and image files'.
You've got the same functions available as through the GUI described for Manage Library (yippie, first link to wiki :))
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby lot2smile4 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:52 pm

The only thing that isn't correct are the Y/N in your query. You have to set 0=false, 1=true.
Dah!!... the one combo I didn't try... my logical head was in the washing machine I think when I was trying this... but this is very cool!!... could be almost there!! :D Is there any way of getting a stand-alone GUI to be able to make these calls, as I do run Windows on my 'main' box that I manage the PMS from.

through the GUI described for Manage Library (yippie, first link to wiki :))
grats! :D May there be many more in the future... not too many though, as it means that people aren't reading the main pms-mxl page!

Can't wait to get home and give this a try, as I have every confidence that it will now work! *fingers crossed* :D
lot2smile4

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:04 pm

Tips:

Setting:

language = en-US

in PMS.conf will improve TMDb search results (this is a TMDb bug). It can be unset/removed after scanning.

A good filename_replace_expressions.txt for sane (Title (YYYY).ext, Title (YYYY) (Part 1).ext, Title (YYYY) - Featurette.ext &c.) filenames:

\s+\(((19|20)\d\d)\).*$
 $1

Note: there's a space before the $1.

A more complete list of "ignore prefixes":

the le la les l' el a an
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:30 pm

@chocolateboy
thanks for the tips. As my filenames don't have to get cleaned, I haven't included a list for now, but hope to include a default one, based on user experience posted here, in the future. Btw, if you've got better examples then the ones posted on the wiki, feel free to change them.

I've applied the patch you've posted and removed some things again. Just to clarify what I haven't applied

Index: net/pms/medialibrary/commons/helpers/AutoFolderCreator.java
    ===================================================================
    --- net/pms/medialibrary/commons/helpers/AutoFolderCreator.java   (revision 16)
    +++ net/pms/medialibrary/commons/helpers/AutoFolderCreator.java   (working copy)
    @@ -41,7 +41,7 @@
          if(log.isDebugEnabled()) log.debug("Start creating the initial tree folder structure");

String ps = File.separator;
    -      String defaultImagePath = ConfigurationHelper.getApplicationRootPath() + "resources" + ps + "images" + ps + "mlx_ps3" + ps;
    +      String defaultImagePath = ConfigurationHelper.getConfigurationRootPath() + "resources" + ps + "images" + ps + "mlx_ps3" + ps;

I hope to clarify this one this time, as the code is correct ;)
This specifies where a thumbnail icon (that will show up on the renderer) will be searched for. These icons are included in the exe/tar/dmg and are being extracted to the installation folder when installing pms-mlx. If this image doesn't exist it simply looks for the next one in the priority list (if there are any) and will display the default pms icon (green arrow) if no configured thumbnail could be found.
If you want to see, where this value is visible, you have to dig through the interface: In the tree view, navigate to any 'Detailed' folder -> edit -> edit the view (tree view defining the folder structure for the file) -> edit e.g. '%age_rating_level : %tagline' -> you'll see the image path in there; that's the one!
No file is ever being written to this path (except when installing the application) and if the file doesn't exist there is no problem either.

===================================================================
    --- net/pms/medialibrary/commons/helpers/TmdbHelper.java   (revision 16)
    +++ net/pms/medialibrary/commons/helpers/TmdbHelper.java   (working copy)
    @@ -28,6 +28,7 @@
              GeneralSettings.setApiKey("4cdddc892213dd24e5011fd710f8abf0");
              Locale l = new Locale(PMS.getConfiguration().getLanguage());
              GeneralSettings.setAPILocale(l);
    +          GeneralSettings.setLogEnabled(true);
              isInitialized = true;
          }
       }

This one was too verbose for my liking. Many movies haven't got a revenue (or other numerical fields) which will throw a parsing exception.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Thanks. OK, I'll revert the first one. I agree about the second one being too verbose, and I'll remove it locally eventually, but for the time being I'll pencil it in as something that should be fixed in tmdb.jar (along with logging the query URL).
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Oops, had missed your post.

lot2smile4 wrote:Is there any way of getting a stand-alone GUI to be able to make these calls, as I do run Windows on my 'main' box that I manage the PMS from.

Unfortunately, there isn't, at least not for now. The GUI isn't very tightly coupled with the business, but only the few calls described previously have been implemented as a service. Others might follow in the future, but don't hold your breath for now ;)
Actually I hadn't even thought of using it in headless mode (all functionality is available in GUI through a swing interface), funny the first post was related to this :p
It'd be nice if we'd have a server and client part for pms, but there's some work to do. We had a short discussion about this lately

Can't wait to get home and give this a try, as I have every confidence that it will now work! *fingers crossed* :D

I'm pretty confident too, as you see the folder structure on the ps3 (database ok) and when scanning a folder, you've got the message of an unreadable file (web service ok). Now everything should work end to end
taconaut
Project Member

Postby lot2smile4 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:46 pm

Well, you'll be please to hear... IT WORKS! :D

Thanks for all your help, and the interface looks great... good to know that even something you didn't plan for works :)

It is a bit of a pain to have to use soapui to get the scan folders, etc to work... but I don't mind for now... I don't have to do it very often anyway, so it isn't too bad. I haven't had a full look at the folder structure on the TV yet, but it does look quite good... is there a way of mass-(un)marking files as watched?? :)

I had a brief look at some of the films/series that I have scanned so far, and it is a bit of a jumble... I wonder if there is a nicer way that I can do a separation of movies and TV series... for now I will just be doing movies... but in the future I may need my TV series working too... perhaps I could run standard PMS in parallel to organise the TV stuff.

Anyway, thanks once more for all your help, and for the time you have taken to develop this extension, I know I find it useful, and hope that others do too!

:D
lot2smile4

Postby Mranonoman » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:45 am

Love this add-on so far! I'm still tinkering ... :).

Only found 1 major issue. If the movie is not found in the TMDb, the transcode folder will not work.

Also, is it possible to edit the TMDb info locally? If a movie is wrong, or not found I'd like to be able to fix it.

Thanks for the AWESOME contribution!
Tony
Mranonoman

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds