pms-mlx (13-12-04 v1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx (03.12.11 v0.6)

Postby taconaut » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:36 pm

@JRSly
Looks like you've reached the advanced features, I'm pretty happy with the learning curve :) I had thought about offering a way to clean those parameters but cam to the conclusion this is overcomplicating things; it would be a mess to configure.
With the next release editing all file properties and tags will be possible (almost done). Adding the same tag to multiple files in library view will also be possible, this lets add tags like Serie=IT Crowd, Season=1 manually. Finally I hope someone will create a plugin to do that automatically; I've got enough other things pending :p
These tags can then be used in the name using e.g. '%tag_Serie, Season %tag_Season - %name'

@Sech
That's right, currently the scan button has to be pressed manually to add new files, watching file changes is a pending feature.
Whe re-entering a folder (e.g. Never Played) it should remove videos having been played; it's working for me. If many files show up in the folder it can take some time (minutes) to refresh. This is because all files up from the first one having changed will first be removed and then the changed ones added. I can't tell why it is taking so long, it's something in the way pms talks with the ps3.
When you click clean library you have to get out of all folders (up to the pms icon in the xmb) and when you enter again the folders should update. Are you using a ps3 or another renderer? Sounds like your refresh doesn't work as with the ps3.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby JRSly » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 am

Awesome, very excited about the future of this program when it already is so powerful. For the time being with my recent TV folder, I got rid of the %folder_path and made it display the show specific folder image as the thumbnail. So that works perfectly for quick identification.
JRSly

Postby Sech » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:36 am

I would have responded earlier, but I've been out of town. I am using a PS3. Ok, "Never Played" does not seem to be working. It worked for 3 shows I watched, but since those first 3, it has not updated the "Never Played" list. I only have about 36 videos in my library currently; I don't know if that would be enough to cause the refresh to take a lot of time.

When I clean the library, I can go all the way back to the up to the pms icon, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Also, If I look under the "Media Library" tab in pms-mlx, the video count doesn't change either. It only updates after I close the program completely, then restart it.
Sech

Postby gtjamesdad » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:19 am

Hi,

Had a suggestion, although I don't know if it is practical....

I am using PMS as a comic server - used to browse CBR/CBZ files. That works fine (well, more or less, CBRs always say they are corrupted, but I converted everything to CBZ and all is well).

What I was wondering is if there is a way to associate a .jpg with a CBZ file, so it shows up as the folder icon? It would be a lot easier and nicer to browse comics by cover, than by filename.

I'm not sure if it is even possible, or if the UPNP client would know what to do with the .jpg if you provider it. But I thought I would ask.

Thanks
gtjamesdad

Postby tunacat » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:56 pm

Registered to thank you for your hard work on this excellent addition to PS3 Media Server. It's the one feature I've always wished for and have tried to approximate via my own outside folder management/scripting. At the moment I am still using my own hacked-together solution for TV / recent TV (because having my roommates refresh the library to see new stuff manually is a bit beyond some of them ;)) but I'm really excited to see where this goes. My movies folders are so much nicer now :P
tunacat

Postby Sech » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:52 pm

@taconaut

My install of PMS-MLX does not seem to be working properly. It is not keeping track of what has and has not been played. I am primarily using this for TV Show management. Only 3 episodes that I have watch show up under "Played". Everything else shows up under "Never Played" regardless of how many times I have actually watched the episode. Any suggestion on how I might fix this?
Sech

Postby taconaut » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:32 pm

@Sech
Could you attach the debug.log zipped up here after you've played a file and went into the played folder? You can find it in the traces tab when clicking on the button in the lower right.

@gtjamesdad
It depends on the renderer what icon it shows; the ps3 can only show the default icon for folders. pms-mlx doesn't currently support folder icons anyway (could anybody use them?) but pms does.

@tunacat
Glad to hear :) Hope you'll be able to use it in the not too distant future
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Sech » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:46 am

@taconaut

Here is a copy of the debug.log.zip
Attachments
debug.log.zip
Debug.log
(201.4 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Sech

Postby satch » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:52 pm

I have found 2 issues:

-When I configured a root folder as managed folder, pms-mlx will only import the files if I'm running pms-mlx is administrator. Otherwise, I will output several errors lines on trace tab.

- I have some managed folders configured, but none is listed on the Media Library tab, on the Managed Folders section. On the Manage Library it's written 191 Videos File and I can see the files on the tree library.

Debug Log was attached.
Attachments
debug.zip
Debug Log
(3.92 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
satch

Postby taconaut » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:10 pm

@Sech
A file only counts as played, if it ends after >80% of its length. Is that the problem? Is the play length being shown correct?
In your log, the plugin incrementing play counts has loaded correctly, but there doesn't seem any file has been played. When a file starts being played a log entry starting with 'Started playing' is being made, please check in the log file after you've played one.

satch wrote:When I configured a root folder as managed folder, pms-mlx will only import the files if I'm running pms-mlx is administrator. Otherwise, I will output several errors lines on trace tab.

Thanks, I'll check that. Have another related problem.

satch wrote:I have some managed folders configured, but none is listed on the Media Library tab, on the Managed Folders section. On the Manage Library it's written 191 Videos File and I can see the files on the tree library.

Managed folders are only saved when clicking the little apply button in the lower right; I'll change that to be done when clicking save at some point.
You don't really need managed folders, once the files are imported, they can be used in the library. They let you do a scan for files with one click (and will be able to update automatically if files in a folder change).
taconaut
Project Member

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds